E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > A month on 335d E92

12-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #1
huntert
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

A month on 335d E92

A few thoughts on my high milage (158k) E92 335d a month after i bought it.
Last month i sold my 2012 C class coupe 250d as i was sick of it costing me money due to reliability issues, and decided to look for a good looking, quick economical coupe...but it had to be for less than £8k. I trawled the adds and checked on parker and what car reviews and decided to look for a e92 335d...but it had to be well specced. Sat nav and cruise where a must. All the cars that i looked at where coming in over budget...then i found one ...sport seats, black and black, wide screen nav, professional hifi with changer, heated sports seats, cruise...in fact everything i would like..and the best bit...was up at £6.5K...too good to miss i went to look at the car....wheels wanted a refurb but apart from that..all seemed as should be..Paid £6400 for it and drove it home.
It was on the way home i started to smell burnt oil...but as there seemed to be a little wind noise..i thought it might just be traffic smells intruding into the car...untill i got home and in the light against the dark of night time i could see smoke and a bit of steam coming from the bonnet. Oh no...please don't let it be a turbo or head gasket. (maybe this was why the car was so much under price ).
In the morning it was off with the cover, and some research and i discovered the oil feed to the small turbo was leaking slightly and the erg thermostat thingy had a crack...both cost about £40 each delivered from BMW..they where fitted the next day..the fluids topped up and since then its been fun fun fun.
Just being able to give the throttle a little squeeze and produce that squirt of acceleration is fabulous..and the fact that its not costing me anywhere the amount that it would in equivalent performance car makes it even sweeter.
The car even though a high miler feels tight and still well bolted together, its economical, fast and comfortable.
The only things I'm not overly keen on are the bit of wind noise (just got to adjust the door latches when the weather is better) and i don't like how the sat nav won't keep Map display as the default..it always goes onto the trip information display and i have to manually put it back to the map.
Jobs for the future is maybe an sport front bumper and fitting of DAB.
Apart from that...im happy with the car.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
Rotary Rasp
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntert View Post
Sat nav and cruise where a must.
Does BMW actually make cars without cruise control still?
      12-21-2015, 02:55 PM   #3
huntert
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

yep, even cup holders are still an option...which i also have......
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 05:38 PM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntert View Post
yep, even cup holders are still an option...which i also have......
Only the repair bills are not optional, they're mandatory especially on used BMW with over 150 k.
Good luck and I really wish you will not regret giving up on the Merc.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 01:27 PM   #5
Martin80k
Rep
n/a
Drives:

my e92 335d 2006 is constantly broken every other week something.....4 years and the car is a trouble trouble trouble. cant sell it since i wouldn't get a half what i paid, plus no better looking car for that money would buy
Appreciate 0