E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Reinforcing Headlight tabs after a shitty JB weld job

10-17-2024, 08:44 PM   #1
tassknight
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi AT

Reinforcing Headlight tabs after a shitty JB weld job

Hey all,

I had two broken headlight tabs making my car look like it was on bath salts and one headlight was drooped in. looked very ugly make mi very sad.

Anyways I did a JB weld job on it, let it cure and broke it trying to install the headlight back in. Just my luck.

After an internal scream of agony, I redid it and got it installed to the mounting bracket and attached it back to the car. Now, Even though the screws are in the mounting tabs, I feel like there's a chance they can break again. Anything I can do to prevent this guys??

Do i just apply more jb weld to the surface of it to reinforce it?

Do I need to get the dragon balls and summon shenron to wish for the headlight tabs and cupholders to never break again?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2024, 08:53 PM   #2
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

There are lower headlight reinforcement brackets which stabilize the headlights and take the strain off of the upper brackets.

If you don’t have an LCI E90 you can also order replacement headlight brackets from
BMW too.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #3
marvinstockman
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

If your trying to attach epoxy to plastic and get a good bond, you need a chemical surface prep for the plastic. You can call JB weld and ask. Otherwise, a rough surface on the plastic, or thru holes will sometimes work.
Appreciate 1