home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

03-20-2024, 07:58 AM   #1
PrickyMcPrik
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

ATTENTION: Calling all Zandvoorters...

Hi Bros & Sis’ (& anybody referencing themselves as a pigeon, Walrus, cat or whatever)

First post as I’m relatively new to the blog… (I’ve been loosely peaking at the threads over the last few months like that creepy guy checking out the hot Neighbour through the blinds… I know you know it.)

Anyway I’m asking anybody that’s had a Zandvoort blue since launch how you feel about the color many months / almost a year down the line.
Would you buy the color again, or are you starting to change your views of it & getting over it? Appreciate any perspective from longer term owners with it.

I’m tired of the boring monochrome car world & thinking of a change with ZB. Alternative is BSM w/ cognac seats as it does look good, but… another black car… urgh.

(Sorry guys if this has been asked previously, can’t seem to find any perspectives on it… don’t worry I won’t post a thread about brake dust when I do get my M2)

Many Thx
Appreciate 2
chris7197342.50
Ronin76825.50
      03-20-2024, 08:17 AM   #2
akumachu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2, 2015 F22 228xi

I got the ZB since November. I always wanted an orange car but didn't want to wait when a preorder a year ago and didn't want a white/black/grey so went with the ZB.
Will 100% make the same choice again. More people comment on how nice the color look than the car itself.
It is attention grabbing so you will need to prepare yourself for some unwanted attention on the road at time. Had several occasions some modded WRX or JDM-wannabe wanted to race me.
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2024, 08:28 AM   #3
NJbaitshop
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 & 2014 Subaru WRX

I ordered the ZB in January of 2023. I got the car in January of 2024 (waiting on allocation & then delays for carbon pack).

Having the car for a few months now. I'm very happy with the color choice and I've gotten several compliments from family, friends & strangers on the color.

I'm not typically a "loud" color type guy. My WRX is Dark Grey, my GTI before that was dark blue.

I'm very happy I went with ZB. I think it suits the car well & really stands out in person.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 09:19 AM   #4
sacowich
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 6sp

To balance things out.
I enjoyed the color and attention at first. Wife loved ZB. Got a bit tired of it after 6 months. Maybe the blandness or smurfiness of it. For me the lines work best with a dark color. Ended up wrapping purple. When that deteriorates may go with satin black ppf.
Attached Images

Appreciate 10
      03-20-2024, 09:58 AM   #5
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Picked up my 2023 M2 in ZB last April 14.

Almost a year and 7200 miles later and I like the color (and car) now more than ever.

The car still comes in for compliments. And almost invariably the color comes in for specific mention.

Now I don't need other people to like my cars, to offer me compliments on my cars, to justify my ownership of the cars but it is nice to get compliments.

So far I have not seen an M2 color I like more than Zandvoort Blue. That is not say I think other colors are not good looking -- all the examples I have seen regardless of the color look fantastic -- just if I had my choice of a car spec'd like mine in all the offered colors I would choose the ZB color.
Appreciate 4
      03-20-2024, 12:01 PM   #6
Legit
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 (6spd Manual)

I've had my 24 Zandy Blue since November. 3700 miles. I freaking love it, no regrets and I get a ton of compliments
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 12:46 PM   #7
Smilodon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

There are other colors I would like to have gotten to pick from, but I'm still happy with Z-blue. Most other cars I've had didn't even have the option to get a non-run of the mill color, so it is a new experience for me.

Out of any "non-car person" who as asked about the car, their initial interest nearly 100% of the time is the color. "Cool color, what kind of car is that?" sorts of things.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 01:05 PM   #8
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Im just curious about those who get comments on their cars. I’ve typically been a black, white grey person but last year I did the Daytona Blue on an M3 but not for others to comment, but more to try out a colour I really liked. I ended up getting sick of the colour and sold it 5 months later for a Brooklyn Grey M3 but Im more curious about if people appreciate the comments on their different colours or if they don’t care about what others say about it.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 02:04 PM   #9
akumachu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2, 2015 F22 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Im just curious about those who get comments on their cars. I’ve typically been a black, white grey person but last year I did the Daytona Blue on an M3 but not for others to comment, but more to try out a colour I really liked. I ended up getting sick of the colour and sold it 5 months later for a Brooklyn Grey M3 but Im more curious about if people appreciate the comments on their different colours or if they don’t care about what others say about it.
I am a fairly chatty person also an extrovert so when people comment my car then that becomes an icebreaker usually. I had several conversations like that at my son's daycare when I do drop off. Other parents would comment and then we would start chatting.

I think ZB is out there sort of color that isn't for someone who avoids attention.

Powder blue has always been one of my favorite color, besides burnt orange so it worked for me and hopefully I don't get sick of it.

Just curious why you were sick of the color you chose? Maintenance like keeping it clean sort of problem?

Oh right, ZB is pretty good at hiding the dirt too.
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2024, 02:12 PM   #10
Habber
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akumachu View Post
I am a fairly chatty person also an extrovert so when people comment my car then that becomes an icebreaker usually. I had several conversations like that at my son's daycare when I do drop off. Other parents would comment and then we would start chatting.

I think ZB is out there sort of color that isn't for someone who avoids attention.

Powder blue has always been one of my favorite color, besides burnt orange so it worked for me and hopefully I don't get sick of it.

Just curious why you were sick of the color you chose? Maintenance like keeping it clean sort of problem?

Oh right, ZB is pretty good at hiding the dirt too.
Makes sense.
With regards to Daytona blue, I just got sick of it (plus dealer threw me a crazy offer to buy it back) and decided to go a bit more subdued with Brooklyn grey.

I ended up selling that one too 2 weeks ago so maybe I have other issues 😂.

Truthfully, I wasn’t thrilled with the M3 and while I didn’t mind the front end, I got sick of the size of the car. It just felt big and wasn’t doing it for me so I’m probably leaning more to an M2 that I loved last summer when I took one out on the track.

I’m thinking black for the next one!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 02:34 PM   #11
Smilodon
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M2

Quote:
I have had a few "interesting" (attention getting) vehicles over the years, but it has been quite a while. So, it has been a novelty for somebody to actually ask about my car.

In all the cases (including the M2) I never had the vehicle to get attention or project some sort of status or whatnot. I had it because I wanted it. I don't really care what others think about it.

That said, I generally feel good when I get some sort of comment, usually for one of two reasons. Either it gives me the opportunity to talk to another car enthusiast, or in the case of "normal" folks, that you gave somebody a positive experience. Whether they are laughing at your car or wishing they had one.
Appreciate 2
Ronin76825.50
wjones14663.00
      03-20-2024, 03:44 PM   #12
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrickyMcPrik View Post
Hi Bros & Sis’ (& anybody referencing themselves as a pigeon, Walrus, cat or whatever)

First post as I’m relatively new to the blog… (I’ve been loosely peaking at the threads over the last few months like that creepy guy checking out the hot Neighbour through the blinds… I know you know it.)

Anyway I’m asking anybody that’s had a Zandvoort blue since launch how you feel about the color many months / almost a year down the line.
Would you buy the color again, or are you starting to change your views of it & getting over it? Appreciate any perspective from longer term owners with it.

I’m tired of the boring monochrome car world & thinking of a change with ZB. Alternative is BSM w/ cognac seats as it does look good, but… another black car… urgh.

(Sorry guys if this has been asked previously, can’t seem to find any perspectives on it… don’t worry I won’t post a thread about brake dust when I do get my M2)

Many Thx
Not sure what ZB is…I have Frozen Pure Baby Blue
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      03-20-2024, 06:06 PM   #13
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geighty7 View Post
Not sure what ZB is…I have Frozen Pure Baby Blue
Yeah, get out of here with that NON-ZB color!

I ordered AW. ZB is nice!

But I'm also just the guy who prefers white with black combo. For example:
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Ronin76825.50
Geighty71409.00
      03-20-2024, 06:13 PM   #14
youloze
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

It may be because I live about 15 miles from UNC, but I get so many compliments on the color. Some have even been admitted Duke alum. The car attracts a ton of attention, more than my old C7 Z06, GT350, etc that I've had. I'm sure the color helps with that.

It was actually my wife that really wanted the color. I wasn't sold on it at first and wanted Brooklyn Grey. It has grown tremendously on me over time though and I'm glad I went with something different.
Appreciate 2
      03-20-2024, 08:59 PM   #15
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Makes sense.
With regards to Daytona blue, I just got sick of it (plus dealer threw me a crazy offer to buy it back) and decided to go a bit more subdued with Brooklyn grey.

I ended up selling that one too 2 weeks ago so maybe I have other issues ��.

Truthfully, I wasn’t thrilled with the M3 and while I didn’t mind the front end, I got sick of the size of the car. It just felt big and wasn’t doing it for me so I’m probably leaning more to an M2 that I loved last summer when I took one out on the track.

I’m thinking black for the next one!
I feel the same way about the M3 and the M4. I actually like the way they look. They can look menacing which I like but they are BIG cars which is not something I am in to. Wanted something around 180 inches long or shorter. M2 checks the size box for me.

Last edited by Ronin76; 03-21-2024 at 08:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
Habber3515.00
      03-20-2024, 09:01 PM   #16
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtougher View Post
Yeah, get out of here with that NON-ZB color!

I ordered AW. ZB is nice!

But I'm also just the guy who prefers white with black combo. For example:
I have that pair and love them! Only wore them like 3 times. I need to stop reading your posts man! Quit with the white lol.
Appreciate 1
      03-20-2024, 09:50 PM   #17
BES418
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Got my ZB in october 23. Love everything about the color. It is paired with cognac and complements nicely. I get a tremendous amount of good looks with the color. It stands out but not in a verde ithaca lambo way. Bright but subtle. Would def do again. Great shade of blue.
2013 E82 135i 6MT Mineral Grey/Red
2016 500 Abarth 5MT Red/Black
Appreciate 3
      03-21-2024, 12:14 AM   #18
DLav8r
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BES418 View Post
Got my ZB in october 23. Love everything about the color. It is paired with cognac and complements nicely. I get a tremendous amount of good looks with the color. It stands out but not in a verde ithaca lambo way. Bright but subtle. Would def do again. Great shade of blue.
Any pics of your color combo you don’t mind sharing? I’m leaning towards cognac. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:32 AM   #19
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Well, if someone is going to say something about my car I would prefer it to be something positive.

If the person doesn't like the car -- because the color or whatever -- that's certainly up to the person and of course if the person feels the need can offer a negative comment.

In the the past I've received a few negative comments about other cars. I just act like I don't hear the comment.

I don't need others to like my choice of cars. But it is nice when someone says something to me about the car it is a positive something.
Appreciate 1
Resoelg244.00
      03-21-2024, 08:48 AM   #20
KC87ZB
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

I've had my ZB for just under a year now. Still love the color. Would I get it again - depends on the options available but on the basis of the same color choices - YES.

Most of the compliments I get on the car are related to the color. Most of the negative comments relate to the angles of the car, of course, I generally don't hang around to listen to those, lol. Actually, if they are a serious car person then I am more than happy to talk about the different perspectives but I don't hang around to hear crap from a sh!tbox driver.
      03-21-2024, 09:43 AM   #21
xtougher
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
I have that pair and love them! Only wore them like 3 times. I need to stop reading your posts man! Quit with the white lol.
Yeah, it's definitely a classic, and one of my favorites!

So to be clear, have you committed to a color yet??
Appreciate 1
Ronin76825.50
      03-21-2024, 12:34 PM   #22
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

As an owner of a previous BSM and now a ZB- my ZB gets WAY more attention. It’s going to be a classic G87 color.
Appreciate 1
KC87ZB306.50