BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

11-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #23
335i E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M22

They look great, the logo is a deal breaker though.

Without the logo's they're perfect OEM+.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 04:35 PM   #24
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i E92 View Post

From the options I've seen from other companies I'd still do these all over again, even with the logo. I keep finding myself walking about 20' behind the car just to look at the back-end.

From almost any distance or angle, other than immediately above the tips (where you can see the glasspack muffler logo ), you either don't see the logo or you simply see there is a logo but no details. I'm thinking if I was 30 again it might bother me (as I obsessed over small details), but at 53 I'm like...
Appreciate 2
PP3121360.50
jmelaw32.00
      11-02-2022, 05:27 PM   #25
335i E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M22

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i E92 View Post

From the options I've seen from other companies I'd still do these all over again, even with the logo. I keep finding myself walking about 20' behind the car just to look at the back-end.

From almost any distance or angle, other than immediately above the tips (where you can see the glasspack muffler logo ), you either don't see the logo or you simply see there is a logo but no details. I'm thinking if I was 30 again it might bother me (as I obsessed over small details), but at 53 I'm like...
Agree, they look great and massively compliment the rear.

I wonder if a paint shop could cover over the logo. For the price of the tips I'd consider paying someone to have a go 🤔
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 05:47 PM   #26
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

I just have to ask since no one has How much HP gain? They do look nice.
This is only my opinion as I'm a retired professional ASE master grease monkey technician, now instructor. Your best teacher is your last mistake. Use what I post at your own risk as you know teachers only know book knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #27
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwtech View Post
I just have to ask since no one has How much HP gain? They do look nice.
Nobody will believe me, but it's close to double that of adding a JB4 on Map 6 and a catless downpipe.
Appreciate 5
Jashue202.50
jmelaw32.00
shonseb148.50
      11-03-2022, 12:10 AM   #28
akim89
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i x-drive

Quote:
They were included. Instructions recommended adding 2-3 per side. I tried 3 but didn't like how much thread it used up on the bolt, plus I didn't feel any additional space was needed between the tips and bumper for protection from heat with only using 2 (probably could have got away with using 1).
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking of getting these myself. Another question! Are the tips somewhat adjustable when it comes to length? As in if you want the tips to stick out more or if you want it to sit more flush?
Appreciate 1
Rag9000124.50
      11-03-2022, 06:09 AM   #29
PP3121
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:

You do you!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 07:29 AM   #30
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akim89 View Post
Quote:
They were included. Instructions recommended adding 2-3 per side. I tried 3 but didn't like how much thread it used up on the bolt, plus I didn't feel any additional space was needed between the tips and bumper for protection from heat with only using 2 (probably could have got away with using 1).
Thanks for the response. I'm thinking of getting these myself. Another question! Are the tips somewhat adjustable when it comes to length? As in if you want the tips to stick out more or if you want it to sit more flush?
I'm guessing 1" - 1.5" of adjustment should be possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 12:32 PM   #31
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Dunno what all the concern is with the logos shown?
Most quality aftermarket stainless exhaust tips proudly display the manufactures logo. You can find very high dollar custom built cars ($150,000-250,000 and up) with tips displaying a manufacturers logo.
I was just browsing an extreme custom SEMA build that had conspicuous "Magnaflow" branded tips.

Anyway just my 1cents worth. Sure, i would prefer if BMW originally did it that way but since they didn't......
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 01:07 PM   #32
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
Dunno what all the concern is with the logos shown?
Most quality aftermarket stainless exhaust tips proudly display the manufactures logo. You can find very high dollar custom built cars ($150,000-250,000 and up) with tips displaying a manufacturers logo.
I was just browsing an extreme custom SEMA build that had conspicuous "Magnaflow" branded tips.

Anyway just my 1cents worth. Sure, i would prefer if BMW originally did it that way but since they didn't......
Agree. I think most of the hesitation is not so much the manufacture's initials, but rather the glasspack looking muffler embedded in the initials. I find it sorta comical myself and look forward to the day anyone actually notices it in person and strikes up a conversation.

What's even more comical than the hate on the tip logos is the hate on the red start button. This is typical on half-million dollar cars and I'm being told it looks cheap.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 02:50 PM   #33
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

People are entitled to their opinions. If they don’t like the red button so be it. Who cares either way. Just because "half a million dollar cars" have a red start button doesn't mean people have to like it. There are tons of questionable design choices done on lots of very expensive cars.

You posted it on a forum, you will get people who don’t like certain mods.

The problem with the exhaust logo is the stupid glass pack. Hard pass. If it was just the initial then ok but the glass pack design is just so silly looking.

Last edited by Rdurty2; 11-03-2022 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
335i E92178.00
      11-03-2022, 03:32 PM   #34
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
People are entitled to their opinions. If they don't like the red button so be it. Who cares either way. Just because "half a million dollar cars" have a red start button doesn't mean people have to like it. There are tons of questionable design choices done on lots of very expensive cars.

You posted it on a forum, you will get people who don't like certain mods.

The problem with the exhaust logo is the stupid glass pack. Hard pass. If it was just the initial then ok but the glass pack design is just so silly looking.
Opinions are great - social media is built on it. It's just hard for me to give much concern for something that can only be seen, or at least identified, from standing almost directly above the tip of the exhaust. That's why I chose these tips (w/the logo) over cheaper quality tips w/o the logo. Majority of the time this is how the car will be seen, and if the logos are bothersome I would certainly recommend avoiding these tips.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      11-03-2022, 04:18 PM   #35
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Quote:
People are entitled to their opinions. If they don't like the red button so be it. Who cares either way. Just because "half a million dollar cars" have a red start button doesn't mean people have to like it. There are tons of questionable design choices done on lots of very expensive cars.

Opinions are great - social media is built on it. It's just hard for me to give much concern for something that can only be seen, or at least identified, from standing almost directly above the tip of the exhaust. That's why I chose these tips (w/the logo) over cheaper quality tips w/o the logo. Majority of the time this is how the car will be seen, and if the logos are bothersome I would certainly recommend avoiding these tips.
I think they look great! Going to carry a massive import tax markup here in the UK, but I might just bite the bullet
      11-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #36
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisiblename View Post
I think they look great! Going to carry a massive import tax markup here in the UK, but I might just bite the bullet
I guess there's no tax coming to America, but shipping was $65. I ordered on 10/11 and their ETA was mid-November, so they beat that estimate by about 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 05:00 PM   #37
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
And that’s good. Some of us are bothered by the little things so wouldn’t get them due to the logo.

One thing I’m sure almost all of us can agree on is that the quad tips look so much better than stock.
Appreciate 1
XC3LLR82062.50
      11-03-2022, 05:05 PM   #38
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
BTW, check out this page. This is where I first saw them and I think he's in the UK.

https://www.r44performance.com/collections/m240i-g42
Appreciate 1
335i E92178.00
      11-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #39
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
BTW, check out this page. This is where I first saw them and I think he's in the UK.

https://www.r44performance.com/collections/m240i-g42
Thanks for the link, looks like the UK retailer has added the shipping cost (which you would expect) but at least there would not be any surprise import tax when the courier delivers.
      11-03-2022, 07:26 PM   #40
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Hope you don't mind but I nicked one of your photos to promote these tip on the BabyBMW forum
335i E92178.00
      11-03-2022, 08:25 PM   #41
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope you don't mind but I nicked one of your photos to promote these tip on the BabyBMW forum
No worries here.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2022, 06:57 PM   #42
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
These worked well although they are custom tips. Also added a merge pipe with a valve to the left side pipe before muffler entry.

The result is really pleasing, stock sound when the valves are closed and non drone sound when open as the main gas flow still enters the stock muffler with some bleed from the new left pipe.

The same volume or louder than the M Performance exhaust with the advantage of flicking back to stock with the new valve setup

I think the appearance is also much improved.

All this work was done is a shop owned by a friend so was a bit experimental but works really well
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
enome19.50
PP3121360.50
Jashue202.50
Kay.Say15.00
      11-06-2022, 11:36 PM   #43
enome
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
These worked well although they are custom tips. Also added a merge pipe with a valve to the left side pipe before muffler entry.

The result is really pleasing, stock sound when the valves are closed and non drone sound when open as the main gas flow still enters the stock muffler with some bleed from the new left pipe.

The same volume or louder than the M Performance exhaust with the advantage of flicking back to stock with the new valve setup

All this work was done is a shop owned by a friend so was a bit experimental but works really well
Man I have been seeing your build over several different threads but looks amazing everytime I see a new picture from you. Absolutely amazing
Appreciate 1
DaveDee532.00
      11-07-2022, 06:12 AM   #44
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post

Looks great - your friend should sell them globally.
Appreciate 1
DaveDee532.00