F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Adding DSP amp to Base system
Studio RSR

Yesterday, 08:31 AM   #67
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You set the EQ with all channels running and the channel gains set. If it takes a lot of EQ boost to get to the target, which would be more likely with the underseats, increase the gain on those channels rather than using more than 6dB of EQ. If it takes a lot of EQ cut, which would be more likely on the door speaker channels, reduce the gain on those. After adjusting the gains do the EQ again.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:57 PM   #68
esaru
Rep
Drives: x3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
You set the EQ with all channels running and the channel gains set. If it takes a lot of EQ boost to get to the target, which would be more likely with the underseats, increase the gain on those channels rather than using more than 6dB of EQ. If it takes a lot of EQ cut, which would be more likely on the door speaker channels, reduce the gain on those. After adjusting the gains do the EQ again.
You're talking about getting it to sum after EQ of the individual channels?

Redid the whole thing, following CAT-BUG to the best of my ability.

Below are my new results. EQ/gain adjustments are need to bring the 40-150 hz range up relatively?

I'm a bit confused here, would it not take great compensations to hit the target curve? I feel it already sounds quite beefy too, but perhaps that is because I am used to weaker sauce.

Should it not sum better than this since the individual channels follow the curve quite well?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #69
Arthurrs
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i xdrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaru View Post
Should it not sum better than this since the individual channels follow the curve quite well?
Keep in mind that summation is both additive as well as subtractive, so unless all your sources are perfectly timed to arrive simultaneously (a very difficult thing to do with a car audio system), there will be some cancellation to contend with.
      Today, 02:59 AM   #70
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

That left and right bass sweep is odd compared to summation on the full speaker sweep. Just odd

Did you try reverse polarity / 180 flip phase on one side to see if better or worse ?

Here’s how bass looks like on HK and Morel woofers for a compassion to yours ( smaller cabin in f80 though) with no eq or phase alignment
Attached Images

Appreciate 0