home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

02-22-2022, 05:38 PM   #1
yuvalt
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M240i, 09 Miata, 70 Corvett

How I finally picked an G42 with ACC!

I placed an order for the M240i on January 1st this year. Since ACC was important to me, the CA added 5DF as an option to the build through his system and I left the dealership happy.... a few weeks later when it moved into production, I noticed that Active Cruise Control was removed from my build. Calling the Genuis and my CA didn't change anything, and I started looking for alternatives. I started by going to kilter.com and finding all the cars in the US with this feature, and literally called ALL the dealerships. All I got was information that these are preordered cars and therefore unavailable. Being persistent as I am, I kept searching kilter.com almost every day to see if there are any changes. When I started seeing the number of cars going down (no new orders with this option duhhhh), I then realized that maybe some people just abandoned their builds and the remaining cars are just left overs.... I called five dealerships -- and I was able to locate 4 different cars that are either on the lot or arriving soon. The most similar car that matched what I wanted was available in Illinois. BG, with most features except the additional cooling. Had red seats instead of the black seats that I wanted. Oh well -- that was a small compromise. Next day I was on a flight to Chicago, and had a fun 12 hour drive back to NJ, cruising at 90 mph on the I-80, with ACC at times :-) What an amazing fun car to drive. I'm speechless. My first BMW.

So....... if anyone here is looking to snatch a car with ACC, try calling the dealerships in PA, MD, VA -- some of them might have them, if it's so important for you, and you're willing to compromise on other things. kilter.com is your friend.
Appreciate 1
02M3ForMe4270.50
      02-22-2022, 05:57 PM   #2
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

congrats on getting the car you wanted, or rather a car with the option you wanted. you definitely put in some work to get it done lol. personally, I would love to have ACC to make my daily commute better, but it's only roughly 15 minutes on the freeway so ACC is not a deal breaker for me. I would not compromise on my car just for ACC, but at the same time, I am still bitter that I literally optioned everything I could and the final price is 58k with no ACC... it's a punch in the gut for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 06:19 PM   #3
Golddog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Congrats on finding what you wanted. I have had ACC on my last 4 vehicles and never used it. But I understand those that would need it. Hope that 12 hour, 90 mph drive broke the engine in ok.
yanks1484.00
      02-22-2022, 06:23 PM   #4
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i

Now if they could just come up with adaptive idiot in front of you and we'd all be happy.
Appreciate 1
Ruebarb386.00