home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

01-15-2022, 06:55 PM   #1
yuvalt
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M240i, 09 Miata, 70 Corvett

Update: Resolved!!

I placed an order two weeks ago and now it moved from 047 to 112. I quickly logged in to the bmw web site using my production code and found it was missing: parking assistance package, active cruise control and drive recorder. Since I'm not sure about how it actually works — how can it happen? When I ordered the car they gave me a printed paper with the order and a long list of paid and n/c items. Is it the dealership mistake? I'm could it be everything is okay and the web site doesn't show everything? Does it mean that my order was changed by the factory due to the chip shortage? Should I been notified about it? This is so frustrating…

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 07:54 PM   #2
Ghost.G42
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvalt View Post
I placed an order two weeks ago and now it moved from 047 to 112. I quickly logged in to the bmw web site using my production code and found it was missing: parking assistance package, active cruise control and drive recorder. Since I'm not sure about how it actually works — how can it happen? When I ordered the car they gave me a printed paper with the order and a long list of paid and n/c items. Is it the dealership mistake? I'm could it be everything is okay and the web site doesn't show everything? Does it mean that my order was changed by the factory due to the chip shortage? Should I been notified about it? This is so frustrating…

Thank you!
I would check with your CA, I thought the same but turns out they made a mistake on my order too. Although it was small (caliper color) but production started so I couldn't change it. Contact them ASAP and see if they can add it back if it hasn't hit production yet.
Appreciate 1
yuvalt86.00
      01-15-2022, 08:29 PM   #3
tahoebimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost.G42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvalt View Post

Thank you!
I would check with your CA, I thought the same but turns out they made a mistake on my order too. Although it was small (caliper color) but production started so I couldn't change it. Contact them ASAP and see if they can add it back if it hasn't hit production yet.
If it's in status 112 it can still be changed
Appreciate 1
yuvalt86.00
      01-15-2022, 10:44 PM   #4
SupraCooper
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 94 6spd turbo Supra

Are you in the North America market? If so and it's still on bmwusa then it's still there.. It can be changed as long as it's before it goes into 150 status but if it's in 112 then you need to contact your CA asap Bc it can drop into production anyday. That tracker isn't always right either so don't worry too much
Appreciate 1
yuvalt86.00
      01-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #5
yuvalt
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M240i, 09 Miata, 70 Corvett

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraCooper View Post
Are you in the North America market? If so and it's still on bmwusa then it's still there.. It can be changed as long as it's before it goes into 150 status but if it's in 112 then you need to contact your CA asap Bc it can drop into production anyday. That tracker isn't always right either so don't worry too much
I just spoke to them and they fixed it. The order system reflects that. Now I just hope they don't change anything at the factory. Thank you everyone for your advice!
Appreciate 0