home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

01-19-2022, 01:43 PM   #155
e36uulm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, G42

My order entered production on 12/6 and has sat at "Ready for Transport" since 12/29. I do know the car has an open recall for the RAM.

It sounds like there are many of us in the same status and due to depart on the next shipment. Don't forget, BMW makes the 3 series at the same plant in San Luis Potosi, a volume seller if ever there was one. I'm sure they have enough vehicles to fill a ship.

Last edited by e36uulm; 01-19-2022 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:43 PM   #156
aaron_k
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

I'm wishfully thinking/hoping that they have a bunch of modules waiting at the port of destination just waiting for cars to get there... Not likely, but I can dream lol
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:45 PM   #157
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderM240 View Post
Just checked and mine is now listed as waiting on RAM. I checked it a couple weeks ago before it reached the VPC and it was not listed as waiting for RAM. Last time I talked to BMW Genius they said all was fine...no deletions or holdups....ditto CA when I specifically asked about this. Was really hoping for delivery by early next week at the latest !!
That's been the problem unfortunately for most people still waiting on theirs.

My car went into Ready for Shipment yesterday almost immediately after completing both production and quality check on 1/17 and got a similar response from Genius just like you did that there are no deletions.

I highly doubt that's the case and will know more once it eventually reaches the VPC. I am doing the PCD so it is going to the Greer VPC as opposed to NJ or Baltimore like most others here. Curious to see if the waiting time will be the same or different.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:47 PM   #158
drumhorn
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

I'm new here so forgiving me if I'm stating the obvious here...but this MyBMW website is utter crap!

Twice I've found out that my BMW is actually further along in the production queue than what it actually stated.

Spent two weeks in "quality check" when my salesrep said he showed "final assembly".
Spent two weeks and counting in "Ready to Transport" phase when it's really been "At the port" waiting to ship.

Also, why can't BMW proactively email us as soon as the vehicle switches status?!?!? That would save them so much internet bandwidth and all of us the grind of repeatedly refreshing the website to see the same status.

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:52 PM   #159
drumhorn
Private
United_States
Rep

What's also frustrating to me is that there's pretty much no harm to BMW for all these delays.

Yes, all of us could just cancel our orders in disgust...but we all know as soon as our vehicles reach the showroom someone will walk in within days and buy the car that we got fed up waiting for months for.

Salesrep still gets his commission. Dealership still gets it sale. And someone else walks away with a great vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:53 PM   #160
aaron_k
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhorn View Post
I'm new here so forgiving me if I'm stating the obvious here...but this MyBMW website is utter crap!

Twice I've found out that my BMW is actually further along in the production queue than what it actually stated.

Spent two weeks in "quality check" when my salesrep said he showed "final assembly".
Spent two weeks and counting in "Ready to Transport" phase when it's really been "At the port" waiting to ship.

Also, why can't BMW proactively email us as soon as the vehicle switches status?!?!? That would save them so much internet bandwidth and all of us the grind of repeatedly refreshing the website to see the same status.

I'm thinking we will see a lot of people's status change to "In Transit" next week on the 24 or 25. Based on that being the next time a ship destined for Baltimore is leaving the Vera Cruz port. I'm hoping mine is one of them. The next one doesn't seem to be until Feb 21...
Appreciate 1
e36uulm92.50
      01-19-2022, 02:04 PM   #161
ThunderM240
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3mahesh View Post

My car went into Ready for Shipment yesterday almost immediately after completing both production and quality check on 1/17 and got a similar response from Genius just like you did that there are no deletions.

I highly doubt that's the case and will know more once it eventually reaches the VPC. I am doing the PCD so it is going to the Greer VPC as opposed to NJ or Baltimore like most others here. Curious to see if the waiting time will be the same or different.
Good question ... wonder how they will allocate the RAMs once they become available. Just read the Technical Service bulletin for this...there are two different part #s for RAMs, one for HK and one for non-HK. Would assume the same supplier but who knows.

Have fun doing the PCD ... I did it in 2014 and had a blast. They only had one 435 to take on the track and there were two of us taking delivery. They asked if one of us was OK with using an M3. We both immediately replied YEAH!!! and they let both of go around in the M3. Fun !!!
2003 325i
Appreciate 1
mechman158.00
      01-19-2022, 02:05 PM   #162
drumhorn
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_k View Post
I'm thinking we will see a lot of people's status change to "In Transit" next week on the 24 or 25. Based on that being the next time a ship destined for Baltimore is leaving the Vera Cruz port. I'm hoping mine is one of them. The next one doesn't seem to be until Feb 21...
I agree with you...but that's not really the point of my post. Why does the MyBMW website show my car right now is "ready for transport" when BMW Genius says it's really "At the port"?

And why can't BMW just email us as soon as our car advances in the production phase?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 02:55 PM   #163
AMMG42
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i xdrive

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, BMW uses the Altamira port to ship from in MX. Didn't think they were using Veracruz port to ship vehicles from.

Jan 31st is the earliest date from Altamira on their website for the vessel "Tosca" arriving in Baltimore on Feb 6th. (no stop in Charleston)

Vessel "Honor" is scheduled to leave Altamira on Feb 1st and reach Baltimore on Feb 8th (hoping my car is on this since it is bound to Charleston POA)
What is the link for the marine traffic shown above?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:19 PM   #164
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Good question ... wonder how they will allocate the RAMs once they become available. Just read the Technical Service bulletin for this...there are two different part #s for RAMs, one for HK and one for non-HK. Would assume the same supplier but who knows.

Have fun doing the PCD ... I did it in 2014 and had a blast. They only had one 435 to take on the track and there were two of us taking delivery. They asked if one of us was OK with using an M3. We both immediately replied YEAH!!! and they let both of go around in the M3. Fun !!!
That's awesome! Must've been fun to rip around in the M3. I used to have a E90 M3 manual and I miss it to this day.

I am looking forward to the experience and the 700mile drive back home will give me enough time to know my car better!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:20 PM   #165
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMMG42 View Post
What is the link for the marine traffic shown above?
I went onto the Wallenius website and searched for schedules in the link below.

https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:55 PM   #166
ThunderM240
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I am looking forward to the experience and the 700mile drive back home will give me enough time to know my car better!
I suggest hanging out for a couple days driving some of the fun and scenic highways in the Blue Ridge Mountain area (depending upon snow levels). This was my favorite:

https://roadtrippers.com/tail-of-the-dragon/
2003 325i
Appreciate 1
mechman158.00
      01-19-2022, 05:04 PM   #167
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I suggest hanging out for a couple days driving some of the fun and scenic highways in the Blue Ridge Mountain area (depending upon snow levels). This was my favorite:

https://roadtrippers.com/tail-of-the-dragon/
That is definitely under consideration depending on when the car gets delivered. Thanks for the link!
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 05:12 PM   #168
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:

What options do you have in your build? None of this makes sense, many of us have been stuck in QC for weeks and you made it through in a day.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 05:30 PM   #169
aaron_k
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumhorn View Post
I agree with you...but that's not really the point of my post. Why does the MyBMW website show my car right now is "ready for transport" when BMW Genius says it's really "At the port"?

And why can't BMW just email us as soon as our car advances in the production phase?
So the reason your car still shows ready for Transport based on what I've seen on others experience is because supposedly they don't actually scan the vehicle in until it actually gets on a boat. People seem to say that it jumps from ready to Transport to "In Transit".
The BMW geniuses can see that your car actually left the plant on the way to the port and know that it only takes at most a couple days to get there. So after a couple weeks of no updates they can estimate that it is definitely at the port and just waiting to get scanned in again.

As far as why they don't email at each step of the process, I was wondering the same thing. I have no idea. It should be easy to do and a process like that can easily be automated.
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2022, 05:41 PM   #170
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
What options do you have in your build? None of this makes sense, many of us have been stuck in QC for weeks and you made it through in a day.
Thundernight
792 with Performance non RFT
Premium pkg
Parking assistance pkg
HK sound
Aluminum trim
Wireless charging (free but had to be manually added)

I couldnt tell you why mine went through quicker (thus far) unless somehow they are able to find enough parts since the beginning of the year and prioritizing them for production before the others (just a wild guess).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 06:31 AM   #171
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thundernight
792 with Performance non RFT
Premium pkg
Parking assistance pkg
HK sound
Aluminum trim
Wireless charging (free but had to be manually added)

I couldnt tell you why mine went through quicker (thus far) unless somehow they are able to find enough parts since the beginning of the year and prioritizing them for production before the others (just a wild guess).

That's really close to my build, I have everything you listed plus drive recorder, Illuminated M trim and Remote Start. I can't see any of those being a cause of delay. You didn't list your interior, I have Black Vernasca with blue stitching but I'd think that all the interior would be done before it hit QC.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 07:21 AM   #172
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's really close to my build, I have everything you listed plus drive recorder, Illuminated M trim and Remote Start. I can't see any of those being a cause of delay. You didn't list your interior, I have Black Vernasca with blue stitching but I'd think that all the interior would be done before it hit QC.
I optioned mine with Cognac sensatec and I agree there is nothing unique to my build that would explain the rather quick movement in the process.

Do you know if the dealer ordered your car as a Customer Sold order under Priority 1 or if it was ordered as Dealer stock which puts it either under Priority 2 or 3.

My order was put in the system under Priority 1 and then changed to Priority 9 due to the PCD.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 07:27 AM   #173
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I optioned mine with Cognac sensatec and I agree there is nothing unique to my build that would explain the rather quick movement in the process.

Do you know if the dealer ordered your car as a Customer Sold order under Priority 1 or if it was ordered as Dealer stock which puts it either under Priority 2 or 3.

My order was put in the system under Priority 1 and then changed to Priority 9 due to the PCD.
Mine has been marked as priority 1 from the day they got the allocation.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 07:56 AM   #174
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mine has been marked as priority 1 from the day they got the allocation.
If that's the case, the only logical explanation would be if they are somehow able to manage the sourcing of parts for production better in the last month or so as they ramped up production of the G42 in the plant.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 08:30 AM   #175
codelilac
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i Xdrive

Getting a little impatient with my order, have been sitting with "ready for transport" for the last week and a half. I'm located in Florida, so don't even think mine will be going out on the ship to Baltimore…. If this wait gets exorbitant I may just argue with the dealer to give me my deposit back and go with a 330 or something on the lot. The talk about surprise deletions here has me worried I'm going to be getting a nerfed car for the normal MSRP price…
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 08:32 AM   #176
Retrospaz85
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22' M240/67 Mustang Fastback

Quote:
Originally Posted by codelilac View Post
Getting a little impatient with my order, have been sitting with "ready for transport" for the last week and a half. I'm located in Florida, so don't even think mine will be going out on the ship to Baltimore…. If this wait gets exorbitant I may just argue with the dealer to give me my deposit back and go with a 330 or something on the lot. The talk about surprise deletions here has me worried I'm going to be getting a nerfed car for the normal MSRP price…
Only a week and a half? you don't know pain yet..
Appreciate 0