F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Can someone aswer if these are the changeable type drl boards
proTUNING Freaks

05-02-2024, 04:17 PM   #1
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

Can someone aswer if these are the changeable type drl boards

About to purchase these from a fellow member and just want to confirm if this is the type where the drl board is changeable or not?

I was just reading an an m4 board where a similarish aftermarket headlight was being discussed and everyone said their type aftermarket icon lci led headlights were not changeable. Thanks
Attached Images

05-02-2024, 05:33 PM   #2
Oksamit78
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E39, F30 & F34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_sojah View Post
About to purchase these from a fellow member and just want to confirm if this is the type where the drl board is changeable or not?

I was just reading an an m4 board where a similarish aftermarket headlight was being discussed and everyone said their type aftermarket icon lci led headlights were not changeable. Thanks
The pictures you have posted show the aftermarket headlight without removable DRL boards, I believe. Unless the seller had taken DRL modules (each consists of heat sink and attached board to it) them out before taking the pic... Also, the actual halo rings do not look authentic. You can notice the difference if comparing to pics below.

Look at this pic below. - The aluminum ribbed shroud at the top of the headlight - that the heat sink for removable DRLs from 4 Series/M4 OEM LCI Adaptive LED headlights.

2017 F34 340i XDrive w/ M Sport Pack, Azure II /Black, B58B30M0, Dinan Stage 1

Last edited by Oksamit78; 05-02-2024 at 05:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2024, 06:12 PM   #3
rusty_sojah
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oksamit78 View Post
The pictures you have posted show the aftermarket headlight without removable DRL boards, I believe. Unless the seller had taken DRL modules (each consists of heat sink and attached board to it) them out before taking the pic... Also, the actual halo rings do not look authentic. You can notice the difference if comparing to pics below.

Look at this pic below. - The aluminum ribbed shroud at the top of the headlight - that the heat sink for removable DRLs from 4 Series/M4 OEM LCI Adaptive LED headlights.

Roger, thanks now my search has to be to only ones that have that top shark fin heat sink it seems. i never thought finding the correct headlights would be so challenging

The last ditch effort for me presently is from MLPerformance I might have to call them since they haven't replied to my last email. Their last correspondence with me, they said my vin wasn't a match from their list, but i suspect that is because theirs are not adaptive, mine are, and therefore their list says they won't work. i replied that I would be cool with coding the adaptive part out and they haven't responded.