E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs) > Carbon Bucket seats developed bump after using Gyeon Leather Cleaner

07-30-2024, 12:32 AM   #1
Bigandlittleguy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Carbon Bucket seats developed bump after using Gyeon Leather Cleaner

I was using Gyeon Mild Leather cleaner today on my seats in preparation to apply Gyeon Leather Shield and after I cleaned the passenger seat, the black perforated leather part started to have this raised bump/bubble. I noticed it after using the cleaner and after using a slightly damp cloth to wipe off the cleaning solution. This did not happen to the drivers side.

Has this happened to anyone and is it possible to fix? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2024, 06:00 AM   #2
Portimao Blue M440ix
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw m440i g22 Bmw 335i e92

By chance was it there before and you just noticed it now when cleaning the seat? Did it look better after the cleaning product dried?
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2024, 06:13 PM   #3
Game
------
Rep
Drives: G80 LCI, G87 (sold)

Very odd. Did you figure it out?
      08-12-2024, 11:51 AM   #4
Yukon625
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2025 M4cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portimao Blue M440ix View Post
By chance was it there before and you just noticed it now when cleaning the seat? Did it look better after the cleaning product dried?
Yeah I kinda think it was there before too, usually these bumps happen because of being sat in overtime and the leather stretches.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2024, 01:36 PM   #5
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Agreed, I doubt this was caused by the leather cleaner.

Take care applying Gyeon Leather Shield. It'll leave a streaked look/"high spots" if you let it dry too long. Read the instructions carefully. A leather cleaner (Gyeon's works fine) + Magic Eraser will eliminate the high spots or streaks if you get them.

Charles
Nettles804.50
      08-16-2024, 12:21 PM   #6
Bigandlittleguy
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon625 View Post
Yeah I kinda think it was there before too, usually these bumps happen because of being sat in overtime and the leather stretches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portimao Blue M440ix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Agreed, I doubt this was caused by the leather cleaner.

Take care applying Gyeon Leather Shield. It'll leave a streaked look/"high spots" if you let it dry too long. Read the instructions carefully. A leather cleaner (Gyeon's works fine) + Magic Eraser will eliminate the high spots or streaks if you get them.

Charles
Thanks all for your replies. The bump was not here before I did the cleaner. The car had less than 200km driven in it when this happened and my wife is the only passenger and she doesn't wear jeans in this car. It did not go down since it's dried.
Appreciate 1
      08-16-2024, 12:32 PM   #7
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigandlittleguy View Post
Thanks all for your replies. The bump was not here before I did the cleaner. The car had less than 200km driven in it when this happened and my wife is the only passenger and she doesn't wear jeans in this car. It did not go down since it's dried.
Wet + pressure can cause the leather to temporarily stretch.

I'd wipe it down with a bit of water and use a hairdryer on it immediately after to see if it'll bring it's shape back.
Appreciate 1