04-30-2022, 06:05 AM   #23
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
The swirls are definitely effective in hiding that, I can’t see it, not even a mild influence is obvious to me other than the boxy outlines.
Both Casas designs.
Name:  Clipboard.jpg
Views: 3595
Size:  448.8 KB
Appreciate 4
Lady Jane71312.50
02M3ForMe4264.50
Ibiza3612.50
JTO245276.00
      04-30-2022, 09:53 AM   #24
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
So I saw pics of the car without camo just now, buddy of mine who works at BMW showed them to me. They just received one at their development center. Essentially, front headlights are the same as the 2 series with a vent integrated into the bottom corners, as we have seen in some of the renders. Honestly kind of disappointed, as I was told the lights would be completely different, but it looks good nevertheless. Laser lights are more than likely coming as an option.
Front bumper looks wayyyy more elegant than the spy pics from China. Bottom side vents stick out very far and make the front end look very aggressive. The grill doesn't stick out as far as we have seen; was more of a relaxed shape rather than a cookie cut shape.
The side skirts are body colored and have an interesting shape behind the doors that points upwards and attaches to the rear quarter. Looks good and also interesting. Kind of hard to explain, but it was a relief seeing it body colored. It seems kind of like a piece that will eventually be an M performance part. Can't say I've seen an M car with a side skirt design like this before though.

Carbon buckets inside.
Awesome!!

atl_1M already asked the first question I had about the headlight vents. Glad they're black...that'll look sharp next to the black housing headlights.

I'm happy to hear about the sideskirts being body colored. I've been trying to force myself to like them on the G8X since I figured those were a sure bet to be on this car. More importantly, I can't believe we all missed that massive sideskirt going into the quarter panel. I'm even happier that it looks like the Hommage that Lemetier posted.

Couple questions:

1. Did the lower bumper opening have some sort of grill or mesh protecting the radiator?
2. Happen to catch the color of the carbon buckets?
      04-30-2022, 10:17 AM   #25
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Quote:
So I saw pics of the car without camo just now, buddy of mine who works at BMW showed them to me. They just received one at their development center. Essentially, front headlights are the same as the 2 series with a vent integrated into the bottom corners, as we have seen in some of the renders. Honestly kind of disappointed, as I was told the lights would be completely different, but it looks good nevertheless. Laser lights are more than likely coming as an option.
Front bumper looks wayyyy more elegant than the spy pics from China. Bottom side vents stick out very far and make the front end look very aggressive. The grill doesn't stick out as far as we have seen; was more of a relaxed shape rather than a cookie cut shape.
The side skirts are body colored and have an interesting shape behind the doors that points upwards and attaches to the rear quarter. Looks good and also interesting. Kind of hard to explain, but it was a relief seeing it body colored. It seems kind of like a piece that will eventually be an M performance part. Can't say I've seen an M car with a side skirt design like this before though.

Carbon buckets inside.
Awesome!!

atl_1M already asked the first question I had about the headlight vents. Glad they're black...that'll look sharp next to the black housing headlights.

I'm happy to hear about the sideskirts being body colored. I've been trying to force myself to like them on the G8X since I figured those were a sure bet to be on this car. More importantly, I can't believe we all missed that massive sideskirt going into the quarter panel. I'm even happier that it looks like the Hommage that Lemetier posted.

Couple questions:

1. Did the lower bumper opening have some sort of grill or mesh protecting the radiator?
2. Happen to catch the color of the carbon buckets?
Agreed on both accounts!

And to answer your questions, yes I believe there was a mesh protecting the heat exchangers, similar to the ones on the F87 behind the fangs where the air channels are. And unfortunately I didn't see the color on the buckets; I'll get back to you/this forum. I too was interested in figuring out what color options there are for the interior

Last edited by Project_F87; 05-11-2022 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
Game7422.00
      04-30-2022, 10:19 AM   #26
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
The swirls are definitely effective in hiding that, I can't see it, not even a mild influence is obvious to me other than the boxy outlines.
Both Casas designs.
Attachment 2871544
Correct! Been chatting with him on Instagram for a few weeks now; he's very excited about the release and has agreed to discuss design once the car is officially revealed
Game7422.00
Tag18322.00
alphawawa190.00
JTO245276.00
      04-30-2022, 10:37 AM   #27
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Agreed on both accounts!

And to answer your questions, yes I believe there was a mesh protecting the heat exchangers, similar to the ones on the F87 behind the fangs where the air channels are. And unfortunately I didn't see the color on the buckets; I'll be sure to ask my buddy about that and get back to you/this forum. I too was interested in figuring out what color options there are for the interior
So did those pics make you want to get the car even more or were you a bit disappointed with it overall?

Would you say it's better looking than that F87?
      04-30-2022, 10:37 AM   #28
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Correct! Been chatting with him on Instagram for a few weeks now; he's very excited about the release and has agreed to discuss design once the car is officially revealed
I, for one, would pitch in a large sum of money to get him to leak some photos to us.
      04-30-2022, 10:42 AM   #29
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
I, for one, would pitch in a large sum of money to get him to leak some photos to us.
With more and more of these being produced and sent out to different locations, it's only a matter of time before we get some leaks!
      04-30-2022, 10:42 AM   #30
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Agreed on both accounts!

And to answer your questions, yes I believe there was a mesh protecting the heat exchangers, similar to the ones on the F87 behind the fangs where the air channels are. And unfortunately I didn't see the color on the buckets; I'll be sure to ask my buddy about that and get back to you/this forum. I too was interested in figuring out what color options there are for the interior
So did those pics make you want to get the car even more or were you a bit disappointed with it overall?

Would you say it's better looking than that F87?
I am absolutely stoked that the interior looks this good, however design of the exterior is not as good looking as the F87 comp in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it looks really good, but the front end of the F87 is something else. I don't think any BMW will ever look as good though, so that's just how it is. It's a completely different design and looks more like a DTM racecar than an elegant M car. All that said, I am super excited to get one. The car looks great and the performance is going to be pure insanity
      04-30-2022, 10:44 AM   #31
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
With more and more of these being produced and sent out to different locations, it's only a matter of time before we get some leaks!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So he never would, but other people that work at BMW and have access to the cars would be the better bet.

Last edited by Project_F87; 05-11-2022 at 06:30 PM..
Appreciate 1
JustinHEMI7446.00
      04-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #32
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep

Quote:
I am absolutely stoked that the interior looks this good, however design of the exterior is not as good looking as the F87 comp in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it looks really good, but the front end of the F87 is something else. I don't think any BMW will ever look as good though, so that's just how it is. It's a completely different design and looks more like a DTM racecar than an elegant M car. All that said, I am super excited to get one. The car looks great and the performance is going to be pure insanity

Yeah the F87 hit me so hard when I first saw it that I just knew I had to have it. I suspect the G87 won't have that same impact looks wise, but I'm trading some looks for dynamics. I want the last great ICE M car and I think G87 will be it.
      04-30-2022, 10:47 AM   #33
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep

Quote:
So he never would, but other people that work at BMW and have access to the cars would be the better bet. One example being my friend that showed me these pics lol
I'm greatly appreciative of the information you share.
      04-30-2022, 10:59 AM   #34
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So he never would, but other people that work at BMW and have access to the cars would be the better bet. One example being my friend that showed me these pics lol
I'm greatly appreciative of the information you share.
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah the F87 hit me so hard when I first saw it that I just knew I had to have it. I suspect the G87 won't have that same impact looks wise, but I'm trading some looks for dynamics. I want the last great ICE M car and I think G87 will be it.
Very well said, I completely agree.

And of course! My pleasure. I know all of us on this thread have been desperately waiting for our next "dose" of information for months, glad I could solidify some crucial design info and send you all sky high, I know I was lol
      04-30-2022, 11:14 AM   #35
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
You got a full glimpse of the interior?? Is it essentially an M240 with the new display?

And I'm pumped to hear that it looks like a DTM racecar. That's music to my ears.
      04-30-2022, 11:19 AM   #36
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

How's the overall stance? Does it look like a 2 series on steroids the way the 1M looked next to the 1 series and f87 looked compared to base? Wondering how the fenders bulging translates in real pictures bc the prototype makes it look like the fenders are very abrupt in their width, which I prefer.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 11:20 AM   #37
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep

The F87 absolutely looked mean from the front and scared normies when you came up behind them. Will this invoke the same reaction of them pulling off to the side to get out of the way when I come up behind them on back roads?
      04-30-2022, 11:35 AM   #38
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You got a full glimpse of the interior?? Is it essentially an M240 with the new display?

And I'm pumped to hear that it looks like a DTM racecar. That's music to my ears.
Nope just heard what my POC told me, he said it's like the G80/2 interior in terms of "niceness" but with the idrive 8.

Last edited by Project_F87; 05-11-2022 at 06:31 PM..
Appreciate 2
Game7422.00
JustinHEMI7446.00
      04-30-2022, 11:36 AM   #39
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
How's the overall stance? Does it look like a 2 series on steroids the way the 1M looked next to the 1 series and f87 looked compared to base? Wondering how the fenders bulging translates in real pictures bc the prototype makes it look like the fenders are very abrupt in their width, which I prefer.
Oh dude, you have no idea. It looks absolutely insane! So much wider than the 2 series. The rear width and fender bulge is 911 territory, not gonna lie
atl_1M1520.00
Tag18322.00
JustinHEMI7446.00
T_U_D6685.50
PS.08362.50
EXE462101.50
Ronin76833.00
02M3ForMe4264.50
GuyOh1067.00
JTO245276.00
AndyinHou479.00
      04-30-2022, 11:37 AM   #40
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The F87 absolutely looked mean from the front and scared normies when you came up behind them. Will this invoke the same reaction of them pulling off to the side to get out of the way when I come up behind them on back roads?
Hahaha yes this one will do the same. It looks very angry and aggressive at the front and will be scary to people driving the speed limit on back roads 😂
      04-30-2022, 11:44 AM   #41
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Project_F87, regarding the headlight vents, are they just intake ports or are there louvers in them?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 11:47 AM   #42
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Project_F87, regarding the headlight vents, are they just intake ports or are there louvers in them?
They look like intake ports but they have 2 or 3 very thin non-dynamic louvres/grates, guessing for structural support.
      04-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #43
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
They look like intake ports but they have 2 or 3 very thin non-dynamic louvres/grates, guessing for structural support.
Dang, I was hoping they were just simple open ports like the M2 CS Racing has in its bumper. Did they look good to you?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 11:53 AM   #44
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Is the hood a direct G42 transplant or is it significantly different in any way? Thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0