home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

11-04-2023, 03:56 PM   #1
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Just placed my order

So I just placed my order for a new M2, and I have to say I’m quite excited. I originally didn’t like the look of the car, but I realized a lot of that was the color. I find the baby blue and alpine white colors aren’t very flattering (to me). I then saw it in Black and it changed my mind completely.

I was originally thinking of the M4 competition but honestly I was going through too many mental hoops to try to convince myself to like the front bumper when at the end of the day I just can’t.

What have people seen in terms of receiving an allocation till delivery?

For those of you who have your cars, what’s been your experience.

I used to have a 2021 M2 Competition, any of you guys make the jump from that? How does it compare?

My current build looks like this.

Black Sapphire Metallic
Automatic transmission
Carbon package
Carbon fiber trim
Lighting package

Hope to get the car soon!
Appreciate 7
Ronin76833.00
ronin130131000.50
DSTR1269.50
c1pher4674.50
///M TOWN19152.00
      11-04-2023, 05:04 PM   #2
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
So I just placed my order for a new M2, and I have to say I’m quite excited. I originally didn’t like the look of the car, but I realized a lot of that was the color. I find the baby blue and alpine white colors aren’t very flattering (to me). I then saw it in Black and it changed my mind completely.

I was originally thinking of the M4 competition but honestly I was going through too many mental hoops to try to convince myself to like the front bumper when at the end of the day I just can’t.

I used to have a 2021 M2 Competition, any of you guys make the jump from that? How does it compare?

Black Sapphire Metallic
Automatic transmission
Carbon package
Carbon fiber trim
Lighting package

Congratulations on your order.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 05:10 PM   #3
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BWM G87

Quote:

Black Sapphire Metallic
Automatic transmission
Carbon package
Carbon fiber trim
Lighting package

Took delivery beginning of last month and have 650 miles on the car. It’s my new daily. BSM, Manual, black sport seats with blue trim, CF roof, CF spoiler, CF Intakes and HAS.
It’s incredible! You’ll going to Iove it. My buddy had the older M2 comp and ImO this new M2 is SO much more! Congratulations but be patient on the wait depending where you are it could be 6+ months. do some searching here and you’ll find all kinds of info on waiting time for builds...
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 06:36 PM   #4
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87, 2018 Mustang GT traded in

Quote:

Black Sapphire Metallic
Automatic transmission
Carbon package
Carbon fiber trim
Lighting package

Congrats!

From allocation to delivery 90 days has been pretty common but seems to be speeding up as time goes on.

BSM does look great but here in the desert of AZ it won't stay clean for more than a few hours with the dust so that color was out for me personally.

I came from a modded Mustang that was mostly built as a drag monster / dd. This cars power delivery is much more refined, the interior is leaps and bounds better. The smaller footprint makes it feel more agile and is actually lighter despite some complaints of the weight. It is extremely quiet though even with the valves open. Don't get me wrong an inline 6 with twins will never sound like a v8 with long tubes, but there has to be a middle ground somewhere. But that is easily addressed with an EL mid or any other host of options.

Overall is a great little car and personally glad I opted to go this route.

I will say the M tax is real though. Parts go for a premium compared to other lines/brands. Early modding is already expensive as are the planned ones lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 06:45 PM   #5
xxyion
Captain
Rep

90 days is really quick. I'm hoping im within that time frame. I'm in Northern California so Black isnt too bad here. My M2C was also Black but i did end up wrapping it purple. I dont know if i want to do the same for this car or just get it PPFd.

I did really love my M2C but for me i made the mistake of buying it with a MT. I ended up hating the transmission and ended up trading the car away for a Supra. Hence my decision to go with the ZF8 this time around. I feel like i'll be able to enjoy the car like i wanted to the first time around.

I do remember the M tax. I remember being blown away by exhaust prices. That being said i dont actually plan on too many mods on this car. Probably just a simple lower body kit (splitter, side skirts) and some new wheels. Ive been eyeing the Apex VS-5RS wheels for a long time now and i think a set of those in bronze on the BSM would just look *chefs kiss*. I'm quite excited for this car and honestly i'm happy that BMWs finally have Android Auto haha.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #6
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Alot of good owner data here in this forum. Surf it and enjoy. You will be happy!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 12:09 PM   #7
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
90 days is really quick. I'm hoping im within that time frame. I'm in Northern California so Black isnt too bad here. My M2C was also Black but i did end up wrapping it purple. I dont know if i want to do the same for this car or just get it PPFd.

I did really love my M2C but for me i made the mistake of buying it with a MT. I ended up hating the transmission and ended up trading the car away for a Supra. Hence my decision to go with the ZF8 this time around. I feel like i'll be able to enjoy the car like i wanted to the first time around.

I do remember the M tax. I remember being blown away by exhaust prices. That being said i dont actually plan on too many mods on this car. Probably just a simple lower body kit (splitter, side skirts) and some new wheels. Ive been eyeing the Apex VS-5RS wheels for a long time now and i think a set of those in bronze on the BSM would just look *chefs kiss*. I'm quite excited for this car and honestly i'm happy that BMWs finally have Android Auto haha.
Given you have an M2 on order in Black - https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2059380
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 12:15 PM   #8
Searay55555
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Convertible

Quote:

Don’t let Powder Puff scare you away from BSM. 😁 I’ve had mine in AZ for almost a month, and I do not regret the color. I wish I had gone with the CF trim. Consider also the remote start, as it’s pretty handy, cheap, and works well.
Appreciate 1
AZG87982.00
      11-05-2023, 12:23 PM   #9
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searay55555 View Post
Don’t let Powder Puff scare you away from BSM. 😁 I’ve had mine in AZ for almost a month, and I do not regret the color. I wish I had gone with the CF trim. Consider also the remote start, as it’s pretty handy, cheap, and works well.
I had gone AR trim originally but glad I switched to the CF. Looks much better as a whole than it did in the sample so definitely recommend as well.

Remote start is handy especially in the summer to get the ac going. Was surprised it was an addon and not just included like other cars but worth the nominal fee.

I will also add having the HAS port installed is a huge plus if you ever have plans of lowering. Having it considered oem and fully warrantied is hard to beat and the all in cost of the port install seems to be considerably less than buying HAS later and having it installed by dealership or other shops.
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2023, 03:40 PM   #10
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:

Black Sapphire Metallic
Automatic transmission
Carbon package
Carbon fiber trim
Lighting package

Picked up my M2 April 14. Have over 5K miles on the car. I really like it.

Retired so no work commute but I take the car out quite often either for an errand or just a spin.

Zandvoort Blue

Black Vernasca leather with blue contrast stitching

Aluminum Rhombicle Anthracite

19"/20" M Light Alloy Jet Black Double-spoke wheels, style 930M with Michelin tires

Lighting Package. (Auto high beams; full LED lights)

Shadowline Package (Extended Shadowline trim; M Shadowline Lights)

BMW M 50 year emblems

Live Cockpit Pro (includes NAV)

M Carbon Roof

6-speed manual
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2023, 03:50 PM   #11
40 Cylinders
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d M-Sport

very similar spec to mine... order accepted in August and arrived 7 days ago.. already 600 miles trying to get the break-in behind me....
Enjoy....
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 06:06 PM   #12
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWhite! View Post
Took delivery beginning of last month and have 650 miles on the car. It’s my new daily. BSM, Manual, black sport seats with blue trim, CF roof, CF spoiler, CF Intakes and HAS.
It’s incredible! You’ll going to Iove it. My buddy had the older M2 comp and ImO this new M2 is SO much more! Congratulations but be patient on the wait depending where you are it could be 6+ months. do some searching here and you’ll find all kinds of info on waiting time for builds...
I have the same build as you rxvpet M Vernasca! Picked it up yesterday. Only allowing myself to downshift and hit 3k rpm just to hear it.
Appreciate 1
ronin130131000.50
      11-05-2023, 08:27 PM   #13
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geighty7 View Post
I have the same build as you rxvpet M Vernasca! Picked it up yesterday. Only allowing myself to downshift and hit 3k rpm just to hear it.
She is super quiet in stock form even with valves open so that takes a bit of getting used to but also easily fixable
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 09:04 PM   #14
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZG87 View Post
I will also add having the HAS port installed is a huge plus if you ever have plans of lowering. Having it considered oem and fully warrantied is hard to beat and the all in cost of the port install seems to be considerably less than buying HAS later and having it installed by dealership or other shops.

What is HAS and how can I get it port installed? I don’t see anything like that on the builder.

I’m quite excited for this car actually. The more I see videos and pictures the more it actually reminds me of the F87 M2 C that I had. I already have a body kit in mind that I think will round out the car and wheels to make it snap.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 09:10 PM   #15
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What is HAS and how can I get it port installed? I don’t see anything like that on the builder.

I’m quite excited for this car actually. The more I see videos and pictures the more it actually reminds me of the F87 M2 C that I had. I already have a body kit in mind that I think will round out the car and wheels to make it snap.
Sorry, HAS is the height adjustable suspension. It is listed as the MP sport suspension. Your CA can add port installed options to your build. Other items besides HAS for example are the CF air inlets, CF spoiler etc.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 10:51 PM   #16
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, HAS is the height adjustable suspension. It is listed as the MP sport suspension. Your CA can add port installed options to your build. Other items besides HAS for example are the CF air inlets, CF spoiler etc.
Do I just ask my sales associate to add those items?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2023, 11:17 PM   #17
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Do I just ask my sales associate to add those items?
You can find many of the options here:

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/m-performance

Filter by car.

Your CA will be able to add to build and have the product codes. Those look something like:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
xxyion760.50
      11-06-2023, 01:46 AM   #18
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You can find many of the options here:

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/m-performance

Filter by car.

Your CA will be able to add to build and have the product codes. Those look something like:
Thank you! I’ll have them add the rear spoiler and suspension. Everything else I can prob get cheaper and diy
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 04:34 AM   #19
Cybus
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (Ordered)

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 06:30 AM   #20
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Congratulations. I got mine in white and really like the stormtrooper look. Having detailed it a few times, I’ve really come to appreciate the detail of all the panels that you don’t really see in photos. The doors might seem to be big flat slabs but actually have lots of bends and angles, it’s very interesting. Normally you have a smooth and flowing car design or a bulky aggressive one. BMW definitely took a chance trying to meld the two design philosophies together.

But I probably don’t know what I’m talking about. I thought the OG 1 series was a great looking car from the Chris Bangle era.
Appreciate 1
M2siast5934.50
      11-06-2023, 07:03 AM   #21
AZG87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Congratulations. I got mine in white and really like the stormtrooper look. Having detailed it a few times, I’ve really come to appreciate the detail of all the panels that you don’t really see in photos. The doors might seem to be big flat slabs but actually have lots of bends and angles, it’s very interesting. Normally you have a smooth and flowing car design or a bulky aggressive one. BMW definitely took a chance trying to meld the two design philosophies together.

But I probably don’t know what I’m talking about. I thought the OG 1 series was a great looking car from the Chris Bangle era.
I find that the choice of the flush / recessed handles was a great design choice in the aesthetics of the doors.
Appreciate 1
c1pher4674.50
      11-06-2023, 12:30 PM   #22
xxyion
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I find that the choice of the flush / recessed handles was a great design choice in the aesthetics of the doors.
I agree. I find the M2 to be a very interesting car. In some ways it looked like BMW cut corners and didn’t care. No model designation on fenders, lack of radiator grill, and the move away from the traditional headlights.

But in other ways it feels like they are trying to make the car much more premium, the flush handles, the single unit dash/display and the carbon roof.
Appreciate 1
AZG87982.00