BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

10-28-2022, 06:56 AM   #23
Zaxer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
I will be passing through that same area but I will not do it lol. I’m gonna keep to the break in schedule and just go back another time. It’s only 2.5-3 hours from me
Wasn't difficult to keep it under the revs (and obviously 100 mph LOL), but yes I am planning to head back next year when I can use throttle and gears without care. Nice that you live that close! In the meantime, here is my "hero" shot. I have to laugh as I was behind a Tahoe during this stretch, so I was puttering until he found a place to waive me by...which was just a short distance from here.

Name:  3840984.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  375.9 KB
Appreciate 2
PP3121357.50
      10-28-2022, 07:13 AM   #24
Zaxer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalFake View Post
This isn't true. You still have to sign the paperwork at the dealership (unless you're doing a deal out of state) and that gives them the opportunity to offer you their warranties and all that.
As was my experience. I signed all the paperwork at the dealer before traveling. We reviewed all the stuff and I declined all the "add on's" as I typically do. The PC stipulations were to bring my DL and my plate (as I was transferring an existing one).

Again, dealers don't get paid until the car is delivered. Given all the craziness with short inventory and compounding it with stop sales (the 2 wasn't the only line impacted by the last software glitch), there may be some dealers who prefer to not delay paydays in the current environment. As they say in sales - "time kills deals".
Appreciate 1