TheFactor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmeister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by e63m6_g42m240i View Post
everything said is subjective personal opinion, except maybe the stock brakes fading on the track. I'd pay for the better brakes than a marginal stereo upgrade. It's not a bowers and wilkins. The non opening of the grill when you want, the stock spoiler, black wheels, complaining about the black trim. All subjective. People already know that black shows dirt and scratches more yet they still buy black cars and pay more money for shadowline. Saying that older people don't want color is bollocks. Regardless of age, thundernight and the other colors are better than a gloss primer (and that's my opinion).
you logged on and chose violence😂
😂👍🏻👊🏻
      08-09-2022, 06:20 PM   #24
E63M6_G42M240i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 TR G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E63M6_G42M240i View Post
Everything said is subjective personal opinion, except maybe the stock brakes fading on the track. I'd pay for the better brakes than a marginal stereo upgrade. It's not a Bowers and Wilkins. The non opening of the grill when you want, the stock spoiler, black wheels, complaining about the black trim. All subjective. People already know that black shows dirt and scratches more yet they still buy black cars and pay more money for shadowline. Saying that older people don't want color is bollocks. Regardless of age, thundernight and the other colors are better than a gloss primer (and that's my opinion).
You logged on and chose violence😂
Oh, such violence. I chose to point out his lack of objectivity in certain areas, his lackluster attempt to degrade the brakes for track use, when he didn't invest in the high performance wheel/tire/brake pack, and his baseless stereotyping of being an older person (an ageist remark) that they(we) prefer bland colorless cars.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 06:20 PM   #25
meyer1son
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i rwd

Quote:
Everything said is subjective personal opinion, except maybe the stock brakes fading on the track. I'd pay for the better brakes than a marginal stereo upgrade. It's not a Bowers and Wilkins. The non opening of the grill when you want, the stock spoiler, black wheels, complaining about the black trim. All subjective. People already know that black shows dirt and scratches more yet they still buy black cars and pay more money for shadowline. Saying that older people don't want color is bollocks. Regardless of age, thundernight and the other colors are better than a gloss primer (and that's my opinion).
Pretty obvious it is subjective. Didn't he say a few times in video?
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 06:24 PM   #26
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, such violence. I chose to point out his lack of objectivity in certain areas, his lackluster attempt to degrade the brakes for track use, when he didn't invest in the high performance wheel/tire/brake pack, and his baseless stereotyping of being an older person (an ageist remark) that they(we) prefer bland colorless cars.
Lmao here you go again.

Just chill out man he didn't ask for your less than constructive criticism.

You sound like CNN throwing the word "baseless" around😂

And bro😂 ageist?? Get a grip
Appreciate 4
siwatkins115.00
Rag9000124.50
G42Bama402.50
      08-09-2022, 06:29 PM   #27
E63M6_G42M240i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyer1son View Post
Quote:
Pretty obvious it is subjective. Didn't he say a few times in video?
That's not entirety of the issue. It's the stupidity of things like bagging on the brakes for fading on the track yet he decides to lay for a marginal stereo upgrade vs the high performance brake/tire package. The grill venting is plain silly. Complains about black mirrors when he paid for shadowline. Everyone knows black shows dirt, scratches, more than lighter colors. Do we really need to be told this? I guess some people do? Last but not least is his assertion that old people like dull colorless cars which is clear stereotyping and not true. I bet I'm older and mine Melbourne Red. I'm wouldn't pay extra money for a gloss primer.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 06:41 PM   #28
E63M6_G42M240i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lmao here you go again.

I like how you never mention the other remarks I made about his review which are laughable. Complains about the brakes for the track, yet he didn't buy the hi performance package and decided to pay extra on a marginal sound system. He also decided to pay extra for shadowline, then proceeds to slam the black mirrors when everyone knows black shows dirt and scratches. That's not news. That's stupidity. Don't buy the shadowline.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 06:55 PM   #29
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lmao here you go again.

I like how you never mention the other remarks I made about his review which are laughable. Complains about the brakes for the track, yet he didn't buy the hi performance package and decided to pay extra on a marginal sound system. He also decided to pay extra for shadowline, then proceeds to slam the black mirrors when everyone knows black shows dirt and scratches. That's not news. That's stupidity. Don't buy the shadowline.
You sir are correct. But there certainly is a possibility that new buyers of bmws will come across his video and find that kind info informative.

We as seasoned veterans do already know most of that stuff.
Appreciate 2
      08-09-2022, 07:02 PM   #30
E63M6_G42M240i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lmao here you go again.

You sir are correct. But there certainly is a possibility that new buyers of bmws will come across his video and find that kind info informative.

We as seasoned veterans do already know most of that stuff.
Perhaps, I should have started off my remarks with giving him credit for providing some useful information, rather than fixate solely on the negative aspects of his video. However, I still feel I needed to point out his lack of oversight for potential buyers. People need to know he didn't have the upgraded brakes when he harped on them for track use. People need to know, they don't have to buy black mirrors. Just don't mark the shadowline option.
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 09:47 PM   #31
GargoyleBWM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Perhaps, I should have started off my remarks with giving him credit for providing some useful information, rather than fixate solely on the negative aspects of his video. However, I still feel I needed to point out his lack of oversight for potential buyers. People need to know he didn't have the upgraded brakes when he harped on them for track use. People need to know, they don't have to buy black mirrors. Just don't mark the shadowline option.
I agree with most of Autobahn SoCal items but do not need to nit-pick his video--he was just talking about what he did or did not like. Ragging on him for choosing this-or-that may be just his inexperience and/or interest.
I would also add that I probably qualify as an 'old fart' and agree with some of his comments about the other colors being too bling-y. Purple is just too much for me (as an old fart), red--meh. He noted the purple was cool and he is just not a fan of the red. I like the white, the black, and kinda the grey but that is all very personal. That being said, I just added racing stripes to my Mineral White car w ShadowLine, so I guess I am just bling-y in a way that personalizes the car.
Side note: I chose the upgraded brake and performance wheel/tire package and they seem to make one hellofa difference--to the point that I am still often over-braking under normal driving conditions. I had no problems with them fading on an AX day this past weekend when the TMPS was indicating over 65C on each tire and it was a pretty darn hot day out there. If the OEM brake fluid needs to be changed out, then I may eventually do that but no evidence of that need so far.
Also not sure that the radiators in each 'triangle vent' are actually oil coolers because I have both of those PLUS the additional cooling just behind the pseudo front splitter. I would be surprised if all three were for oil--maybe one is actually brake fluid? AC? Don't know as I have not found good diagrams and have not started to take apart the engine bay yet. ;-)
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2022, 10:00 PM   #32
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Can't wait for my gloss primer car to arrive
Appreciate 8
      08-09-2022, 10:13 PM   #33
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Under 4 seconds to 60 is great. 1/4 mile trap speeds at 117 MPH + would be great.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 12:08 AM   #34
TheFactor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Brooklyn grey FTW !!
I too liked the Thunder night metallic purple it's a beautiful color but also being in the older generation I thought I would get tired of it . So glad I went with BG and also like you I get compliments pretty much everywhere I go. Went to a coffee and cars show and they were surrounding this BG m240i taking pictures. It was crazy lol but did enjoy the attention)) love the Pearl/metallic in the bright light and it changes colors depending on the lighting . I do wish the black shadow package would of been a flat back would of been much more user friendly but it does look good when she's polished up . Great review and really don't think I could be any happier with mine and absolutely love it !
Here's a couple pictures of my gloss primer grey 😂
Attached Images

08-10-2022, 06:13 AM   #35
siwatkins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i XDrive Coupe (G22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn SoCal View Post
I didn't know you can get the M440i without the black gloss exterior side trim? That's great! I wish they had that option for the M240i. If I end up keeping the car that's the first thing that's going away and replaced with paint match or something else, but I leased so it's staying for now as painful as it is. R44 Performance wrapped theirs and it looks awesome. (They wrapped all the black gloss parts) check out their YT channel.
I think if you painted those side skirts in body colour, it would do a lot for the car.

Yes, the M440i is body colour down there - see mine below. It's mainly my concern over scratching that put me off the black skirts - I think they look smart on the M240i itself, but perhaps they should have had a body colour, or shadow line option for them.
Attached Images

Last edited by siwatkins; 08-10-2022 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Add pictures
Appreciate 2
      08-10-2022, 06:54 AM   #36
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
I'm just mad about the YT link. If I wanna watch videos I'll go to YT.

Give me text.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 07:34 AM   #37
LivingInSalt
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i

just an FYI to OP

"Bimmer" is pronounced "bimmer", not "beemer"
Appreciate 3
      08-10-2022, 07:56 AM   #38
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJLag420 View Post
I recommend using a professional detailer. But you can buy some and give it a go.

XPEL Clear Universal Rocker Panel Guard ( 9" x 30') Paint Protection Film Kit https://a.co/d/3hdfAkO
I had the rockers ppf, yes they look perfect, wish they had a ppf kit for the grill, that's the one I can't stop looking at.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 08:46 AM   #39
DrJLag420
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
Quote:
I recommend using a professional detailer. But you can buy some and give it a go.

XPEL Clear Universal Rocker Panel Guard ( 9" x 30') Paint Protection Film Kit https://a.co/d/3hdfAkO
I had the rockers ppf, yes they look perfect, wish they had a ppf kit for the grill, that's the one I can't stop looking at.
I think someone has mentioned this already but a mild polish might work. I would suggest Griot's One Step Sealant or Ceramic All in One with an orange or yellow pad. I've had great luck with these products. This stuff works very well at removing swirls and providing some nice protection.

For me, sending to detailer. Gonna get 2-step correction, then full front PPF including rockers(might get the rear diffuser done too). Followed by full ceramic coating.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #40
Autobahn SoCal
Performance Driving Coach
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2 (G87)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by siwatkins View Post
Quote:
I didn't know you can get the M440i without the black gloss exterior side trim? That's great! I wish they had that option for the M240i. If I end up keeping the car that's the first thing that's going away and replaced with paint match or something else, but I leased so it's staying for now as painful as it is. R44 Performance wrapped theirs and it looks awesome. (They wrapped all the black gloss parts) check out their YT channel.
I think if you painted those side skirts in body colour, it would do a lot for the car.

Yes, the M440i is body colour down there - see mine below. It's mainly my concern over scratching that put me off the black skirts - I think they look smart on the M240i itself, but perhaps they should have had a body colour, or shadow line option for them.
Looks great! Love that interior color.

https://www.youtube.com/autobahnsocal
Appreciate 1
siwatkins115.00
      08-12-2022, 12:07 AM   #41
soflacarguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g42 (ordered)

Quote:
Quote:

Looking for more than this?

https://www.xpel.com/product/491502
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:14 AM   #42
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by soflacarguy View Post

Yes, that would be perfect. I'm guessing that was not for a G42.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:16 AM   #43
Ivangiron001
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Tumb start?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 08:05 AM   #44
soflacarguy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g42 (ordered)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by soflacarguy View Post

Yes, that would be perfect. I'm guessing that was not for a G42.
That Is for the g42.
Appreciate 0