BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

12-18-2022, 04:32 PM   #89
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

A week after sending it to the car mine now finally says it’s ready to install. Haven’t completed it yet, the bricking story has me slightly nervous 😂
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2022, 05:39 PM   #90
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winrya View Post
A week after sending it to the car mine now finally says it’s ready to install. Haven’t completed it yet, the bricking story has me slightly nervous ��
the instructions state to make sure the central locking system is active during the update, aka leave the car locked. as far as the bricking story goes, he had a faulty module so you should be fine.

BTW, I did notice that the burbles were more prominent in the low-RPM range on downshifts after the update. I also did notice my suspension on "comfort" make some squishing noises when going over speed bumps... I'm not sure if it did that before.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #91
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryo- View Post
the instructions state to make sure the central locking system is active during the update, aka leave the car locked. as far as the bricking story goes, he had a faulty module so you should be fine.

BTW, I did notice that the burbles were more prominent in the low-RPM range on downshifts after the update. I also did notice my suspension on "comfort" make some squishing noises when going over speed bumps... I'm not sure if it did that before.
Love the idea of more burbles😎
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 01:04 PM   #92
Nicolas05
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW g42 M240i

Yes.. i can also concur that I find the burbles a lot more prominent when slowing down in 1st or 2nd gear, since the update.
The car is not louder by itself to my ears.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #93
Winrya
Private First Class
Rep

Just done my update. Went through perfectly. Said it would take 20 minutes and 20 minutes later I got a notification from the app to say it was complete.

I’ve just had a quick drive and all feels the same to me. No difference in fonts or display. I already had the m240 logo. Maybe being a last week of June 22 build there was less of an update?!

Only thing I’ve had to change back so far is the rev counter was removed from the comfort display and gone back to the percentage display
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2023, 03:09 PM   #94
drpie
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240iX on 02/09/2022

Garage List
2022 M240iX  [0.00]
Still haven't received the upgrade; car in service 02/09/2022
Appreciate 1
e36uulm92.50
      01-01-2023, 03:57 PM   #95
PNTDG42
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G42, F97 LCI, EBA R35, Z34

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpie View Post
Still haven't received the upgrade; car in service 02/09/2022
The other night I approached my iDrive7 X3 determined to get the update that I heard has been out for some time. My car nor MyBMW app has ever mentioned any type of update being available. It took a bit of rattling the cage, but I was successful.

I started in the garage. My car said it had 1 bar of service. I thought from the start that this might be an issue. I woke up the car, did not start engine. I told my iPhone to join the car's internal Wi-Fi network, which is something I have never done before, but someone told me I have to if I want updates. This makes sense, as this is how the phone will transfer the update to the car later. But I wouldn't have thought that I needed to be connected to be notified of the update. Anyway, I connected.

I opened myBMW app, nothing different here. I went into idrive car>settings>general settings>remote upgrades (at the bottom), and I clicked on "search for upgrade". After 20 min, it was still stuck on "searching for upgrade". I reboot iDrive, and went into the same menu and it was already still stuck there even after reboot.

So I started the engine and put the car outside. I reboot iDrive again and its still stuck on "searching for upgrade". With the car still running the entire time, I am just sitting there for maybe 15 min. I was googling around reading about other people stuck at this state. Then out of no where, idrive and my iPhone simultaneously give me a notification about an update available for download.

From there, it was easy to follow the instructions. But the short version is that I had to go into the house and get back on my home Wi-Fi to download the update to the phone, then I had to go back into the car and get on the cars Wi-Fi to transfer the update to the car, and then the car did the installation immediately after. The install progress percent was really slow to get moving but picked up pace eventually. I feel like it took 5 min to even get to 1%, but then started to move every roughly 30 seconds or so, and I feel like the last 25% was over in the blink of an eye. Once done, I went back into the upgrade menu in iDrive and it would say a new upgrade was just installed. I drove the car around the block and parked it, went back in that menu, and it was back to normal saying my version and with the button to search for upgrade. I click to search for upgrade, and within about 2 min it confirms that I have the latest software.

Last edited by PNTDG42; 01-01-2023 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 1
PP3121357.50