BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

01-06-2024, 07:19 PM   #1
BimmerBenzorBentley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

2022 230i most recent software version?

Hey guys,

I have a 2022 230i w/ IDrive 7 and my car is still running software version 11/2021.40. I've had this car for almost 2 years now and have never been prompted to update software and the remote upgrade always says none is available.

Does anybody know what the most recent software version should be or where to look it up? I find it really hard to believe that they haven't had any update to software since November 2021. I emailed BMW genius twice and they won't even respond back to me - since when did BMW customer service become a joke?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 02:30 AM   #2
dy444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBenzorBentley View Post
Hey guys,

I have a 2022 230i w/ IDrive 7 and my car is still running software version 11/2021.40. I've had this car for almost 2 years now and have never been prompted to update software and the remote upgrade always says none is available.

Does anybody know what the most recent software version should be or where to look it up? I find it really hard to believe that they haven't had any update to software since November 2021. I emailed BMW genius twice and they won't even respond back to me - since when did BMW customer service become a joke?
I think mine is 07/2023 something or other. If it won't find it by itself I believe you can download the latest to your phone and load it in from there although I've never done it.

As to BMW customer service. Well I've had BMWs for nearly 30 years and, in the UK at least, it was consistently excellent. Right up to the pandemic. Since then it has been truly appalling. They rarely respond to emails and if they do it invariably looks like they didn't read what you asked. In fact imo it is so bad now that it's pretty much a waste of time even contacting them.
G42 M240i xDrive. Brooklyn Grey, 19" Bicolour Double-spoke style 893 M alloy wheels with performance tyres, Technology Plus Pack, M Adaptive Suspension, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System, Heated Steering Wheel, Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 06:06 AM   #3
peaceindriving
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 230i

Garage List
2022 Bmw 230i  [8.67]
I’ve got the same model year as you and my idrive is 07/2023.58. It was updated when I went in for service this past summer.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 08:11 AM   #4
BimmerBenzorBentley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceindriving View Post
I’ve got the same model year as you and my idrive is 07/2023.58. It was updated when I went in for service this past summer.
My dealer likes to play dumb (would definitely not recommend Leith BMW Raleigh) and tried to convince me that the 11/2021 was the most recent version Their only method of troubleshooting was trying the remote software upgrade in the car which I already knew does nothing currently.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 09:25 AM   #5
peaceindriving
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 230i

Garage List
2022 Bmw 230i  [8.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBenzorBentley View Post
My dealer likes to play dumb (would definitely not recommend Leith BMW Raleigh) and tried to convince me that the 11/2021 was the most recent version Their only method of troubleshooting was trying the remote software upgrade in the car which I already knew does nothing currently.
That was my same experience from BMW of Murrieta that I purchased the car from, stating it was up to date. Then I went to another location for an airbag service repair and viola … updated. Not sure if the service being done prompted it or the dealership went the extra mile.
Appreciate 0