BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls

11-14-2023, 01:31 PM   #1
relubwu
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Off the Lot, Just 189 Miles - Possible Fuel Injector Issue!

Just took my M2 off the dealer's lot last Saturday (11/11). In the past few days, I've been experiencing similar issues outlined in this thread: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1940488.

After warming the engine up to working temperature and then shutting it off for a short period to run some grocery errands, I encountered difficulties starting the engine. It struggled with very long cranks, similar to the ones shown in these videos: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0NGdFryYGqLg3x.

With only 189 miles on the odometer, my frustration is immense at this point. Scheduled a service appointment today; let's see what the dealer will say.
Appreciate 3
      04-09-2024, 09:08 AM   #2
zmaknojia20
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

I have the same issue with 135 miles on the dash. Any luck figuring it out?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 07:45 AM   #3
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmaknojia20 View Post
I have the same issue with 135 miles on the dash. Any luck figuring it out?
After reading your post yesterday morning -- and the #1 post and viewing/listening to the video at the link provided in the post -- later in the afternoon when I used my M2 I paid particular attention to the start.

In no way do I get the impression the start is abnormal.

Furthermore, since April 14, 2023 (when I bought the car) I have had my M2 in a number of times for out of schedule oil/filter services, CBS services, two tire punctures. A number of dealer service employees have started the engine and I would expect if the starting behavior was out of the ordinary it would have been brought to my attention.

That being said you can of course arrange to demo the starting behavior to the service staff of your dealer and get a professional opinion.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 09:25 AM   #4
zmaknojia20
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCrusher View Post
After reading your post yesterday morning -- and the #1 post and viewing/listening to the video at the link provided in the post -- later in the afternoon when I used my M2 I paid particular attention to the start.

In no way do I get the impression the start is abnormal.

Furthermore, since April 14, 2023 (when I bought the car) I have had my M2 in a number of times for out of schedule oil/filter services, CBS services, two tire punctures. A number of dealer service employees have started the engine and I would expect if the starting behavior was out of the ordinary it would have been brought to my attention.

That being said you can of course arrange to demo the starting behavior to the service staff of your dealer and get a professional opinion.

Have you experienced this start? My car runs and drives perfectly fine but it’s odd to me that it start quickly sometimes but slowly other times.
Appreciate 0