BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

04-17-2024, 03:37 PM   #23
TopG42
Private
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP3121 View Post
I guess keep trouble shooting until the Geniuses call you back!
They haven't called me back nor have they emailed me. I was told there was going to be a ticket created for me but I guess not. Will definitely give them a call again once I get off work today... how are things on your end?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 06:33 PM   #24
PP3121
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

What I do not understand is that the other app features (lights, horn, etc...) seem to work every time; it's the remote start that is giving me issues. I recall when I first picked up the car, this was an issue for many of the new 2023 owners: remote start failed the first time and worked the second time...Now it seems more random. It has to be the recent update that is causing my issue. I was told to leave the car one day for a full evaluation. Need to find a day to do that. In the meantime, will continue to document any instances of failures.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 10:55 AM   #25
TopG42
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP3121 View Post
What I do not understand is that the other app features (lights, horn, etc...) seem to work every time; it's the remote start that is giving me issues. I recall when I first picked up the car, this was an issue for many of the new 2023 owners: remote start failed the first time and worked the second time...Now it seems more random. It has to be the recent update that is causing my issue. I was told to leave the car one day for a full evaluation. Need to find a day to do that. In the meantime, will continue to document any instances of failures.
There is something we can try that I found on an older thread. Granted this was done on a BMW i3, the issue was similar with the car failing to get signals from the app. All they did was take the fuse out for the tcb and put it back in after a few minutes and everything was good. The issue is my service advisor won't give me the information on the phone and wants me to wait until the 30th to go in for an appointment. Such a bother. If you can call your advisor and extract that information that would help alot. Hopefully they aren't as strict as mine.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 05:16 PM   #26
TopG42
Private
Rep

Leaving this here for anyone that needs a diagram of the BMW m240i g42 fuse box
This one has the assignments with each fuse for the front box which is what I struggled to find.
(Hopefully that helps anyone that googles it)

https://fuseandrelay.com/bmw/2-g42.html
Appreciate 1
PP3121357.50