BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

04-12-2024, 01:01 PM   #4445
Politicalicon
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c, c63s, c7 Z06, VB WRX

03/06/24 - Order Placed against allocation
03/06/24 - 111 Status with estimated build week 16 (April 14th)
03/15/24 - 112 Status with no change to estimated build week
03/19/24 - 150 Status - Build 04/12 as per Chrome Trick - Vin number revealed
04/10 - 153 Status - Entering assembly line
04/12 - 160 Status - Final Assembly
Appreciate 2
      04-12-2024, 01:56 PM   #4446
Kanrai
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2not1LE View Post
Hey, which cartoons have you watched this week so far?
X-men 97… stop being a troll..

Hope the other wait times speed up, well worth the wait.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76861.50
      04-13-2024, 10:17 AM   #4447
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalprty View Post
From genius today:
Received at VPC in Newark on 4/8/2024.
Work order started on 4/8/2024. (Will be getting MP HAS).
Work order expected to be completed and estimated to leave VPC and assigned to carrier by 4/13/2024

My car changed to “at the port” days before it actually got to the Newark port. For a few days there, it looked like it got off the port in Baltimore, but seems to not be the case.

CA said the car should be at the dealership in CT “inside of two weeks.” It looks like I’ll take possession some time next week, which will then be picked up by detailer directly from dealership to get ppf, ceramic, and tints.

UPDATE (4/10/2024): CA said it’s estimated to arrive at the dealership on 4/15/2024
Digitalprty - Curious on what your status says today (4/12)? Mine has been listed "at the port" since 4/2 and thinking that like yours, my status changed to 193 with the ship in Baltimore, but the car was likely delivered to the NY/NJ VPC on 4/6-4/7. I'm still 193 - at the port as of this morning. Interesting because I am off all next week, so there's a chance....I was told to expect the car in June, so it is way early based on initial timeline.
      04-13-2024, 10:52 AM   #4448
Digitalprty
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: (pending) 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hankey View Post
Digitalprty - Curious on what your status says today (4/12)? Mine has been listed "at the port" since 4/2 and thinking that like yours, my status changed to 193 with the ship in Baltimore, but the car was likely delivered to the NY/NJ VPC on 4/6-4/7. I'm still 193 - at the port as of this morning. Interesting because I am off all next week, so there's a chance....I was told to expect the car in June, so it is way early based on initial timeline.
Just checked. Mine still says “at the port.” Though the website is usually behind a bit. I’m expecting it at the dealership next week, hopefully Monday.
Appreciate 1
Mr. Hankey1141.00
      04-13-2024, 11:45 AM   #4449
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Just checked. Mine still says “at the port.” Though the website is usually behind a bit. I’m expecting it at the dealership next week, hopefully Monday.
Hope you can sleep Sunday night haha...
      04-15-2024, 06:16 PM   #4450
Digitalprty
Private
United_States
Rep

Spoke with genius earlier today. Work order is still not complete.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 06:22 PM   #4451
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Spoke with genius earlier today. Work order is still not complete.
Same here. Hopefully not a part backorder.
      04-16-2024, 11:47 AM   #4452
dallasg87
Rep
Drives: Incoming '24 G87 / 2020 330i

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here! Ordered on Feb 16th (dealer had an open allocation) and production was finished on 3/7.

Sat in final QA until March 26th. Since then, I've been sitting in status code 165 Ready for Transport.

I'm not calling all that frequently, but I last called on Friday and they just said I was still in transit to port. Seems like a long train/truck ride from central Mexico to the port lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 01:17 PM   #4453
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasg87 View Post
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here! Ordered on Feb 16th (dealer had an open allocation) and production was finished on 3/7.

Sat in final QA until March 26th. Since then, I've been sitting in status code 165 Ready for Transport.

I'm not calling all that frequently, but I last called on Friday and they just said I was still in transit to port. Seems like a long train/truck ride from central Mexico to the port lol.
Still at the Mexico port, I believe.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 02:48 PM   #4454
dallasg87
Rep
Drives: Incoming '24 G87 / 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Still at the Mexico port, I believe.
Yeah, that's what I was assuming! The Genius told me that it was still en route to the port based on what they could see, so that's the only reason I said that.

I'm hoping I get loaded up soon and I can pick it up in the next month or so. I had to go out of state, and May is busy!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 04:51 PM   #4455
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
How are mathematical proofs "meaningless in the real world? Please elaborate.

Does 1 + 1 not equal 2 in the real world?

Are these two equations somehow "not" mathematical proofs, despite them never being disproven in countless experiments?

Power = Force * Velocity

Force = Mass * Acceleration.

Now I'm sure you can do the basic algebra to combine both of those into a single four unit equation.

Oh but wait I don't think you can.

Here, let me help:

POWER (not torque) = Mass * Acceleration * Velocity

Hence:

Acceleration = POWER/(Mass * Velocity).

Now that I've given you a head start, please show us how Tractive Force is determined. Just as applicable in the real world because these are all physical and mathematical proofs. As such, they are irrefutable. PERIOD.
Dang, you must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
robopp1726.00
Mr. Hankey1141.00
      04-17-2024, 04:53 PM   #4456
m2not1LE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTI, 2025 M4 Comp on order

Quote:
Owners manuals, build dates, and 8th grade study hall factoids are not meaningless in automotive engineering. No more as meaningless than "definitive" mathematical proofs are meaningless in the real world. Materials engineering - the 4th dimension is time my friend, build date much? You can't take the math out of context of the natural system it's predicting. What you say makes no sense.

Your proofs go out the window because rain....and random wind gusts starting at about 38 kph, the nail you just hit with your tire, temperature asymptotes. Harmonic oscillators explain it all much more elegantly in predictive traction models than an intro to engineering proof homework question.

And I look forward to the DOHC and pushrod questions. Here's my project while waiting for BMW to produce and deliver a G87 (thus keeping this thread on topic)

Does 1 + 1 not equal 2 in the real world, just as it does in math books?

Are these two equations somehow "not" mathematical proofs, despite them never being disproven in countless experiments?

Power = Force * Velocity

Now I'm sure you can do the basic algebra to combine both of those into a single four unit equation.

Here, let me help:

Hence:

Now that I've given you a head start, please show us how Tractive Force is determined. Just as applicable in the real world because these are all physical and mathematical proofs. As such, they are irrefutable. PERIOD.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 05:25 PM   #4457
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:

Power = Force * Velocity

Now I'm sure you can do the basic algebra to combine both of those into a single four unit equation,

Oh but wait I don't think you can. <-- You really hurt your credibility here. I was digging your enthusiasm for math but comments like these make you look like a troll, very disappointing.

Here, let me help:

Hence:

Now that I've given you a head start, please show us how Tractive Force is determined. Just as applicable in the real world because these are all physical and mathematical proofs. As such, they are irrefutable. PERIOD. Amateurish response. Mathematical equations and mathematical proofs are different things. While a proof may contain an equation, an equation is not a proof, just an equivalency. Your reasoning lacks logic, therefore equation-like. A proof requires logic. Go back to class and listen to your professors, you aren't ready for Jedi training.
My Quote: "Owners manuals, build dates, and 8th grade study hall factoids are not meaningless in automotive engineering. No more as meaningless than "definitive" mathematical proofs are meaningless in the real world."

I was making an analogy--or comparison--that I believe you missed there and took out of context. To me that reads that mathematical proofs can be just as important as owners manuals, build dates, and what one studied in study hall in 8th grade. I realize the double negative makes that hard to follow now that I am reading it again. The analogy I was shooting for is that these other things are just as important as mathematical proofs. I take issue with making equations and proofs some kind of golden statue, because then the bigger context of the project can be lost when the designers suffer tunnel vision. This is classic mechanical engineering with blinders on....Everything is probabilities, effectors, confounders, and a combination of both predictable uncertainty as well as unpredictable uncertainty. Zen baby, zen. Take your blinders off. Breathe. I manage a lot of incredibly smart people and this is the biggest area for improvement in their performance in my opinion, in their opinion I'm probably too out there in my quantum mechanical world. But once you see the matrix for what it really is, you will operate on an entirely new level.

Honestly though, I am hoping 'you' are an Ai that is being trained in how to be a troll on the internet. If you're human, not screwing around here, and this is how you truly approach things and others, you are going to have a very tough life. If one suffers from narcissist personality disorder they can never--by definition--ever realize this (while everyone else does), in which case then yes all their fellow humans will always be the idiots they assume them to be because they are unable to see things differently (and the hint that one may have NPD is they are the smartest person everywhere they ever worked, but keep getting switched off to other teams or fired)...but if you don't have NPD then there is still hope for you but the change must start from within you grasshopper.

But question - Focusing on just the wheel and tyre and ignoring everything else, what are the physical relationships of rotational inertia and mass indistribution across the wheel-tyre complex on Mu which is the key to tractive forces that someone is all horny about? I'll give you a hint they are not linear relationships as your simple equations play out, the effects can be thought of on the level of micro harmonic oscillators and calculus is likely your friend here as Mu is determined across an uneven surface with variable friction coefficients across the contact patch. And to make it easier ignore potential static to kinetic frictional changes encountered with wheel slip, rotational or centripetal.

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 04-18-2024 at 06:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
Ronin76861.50
      04-17-2024, 05:30 PM   #4458
NotAnEngineer
Registered
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:

Power = Force * Velocity

Here, let me help:

Hence:

Somebody give this man a cookie and a participation ribbon so he can receive the validation he so desperately craves.

m2not1LE you are sooo much smarter than all of us. We all live in your shadow. The world is yours.
Appreciate 4
Ronin76861.50
Mr. Hankey1141.00
M5wag60.50
      04-17-2024, 06:31 PM   #4459
Ronin76
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Tesla Model 3

well we did have a weekend of peace.

how did we get here on a waitlist thread?
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2024, 06:50 PM   #4460
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Well what I was going to say is car has been at the port for 2 weeks now according to the website. Keeping us on thread and all.

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 04-17-2024 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
Ronin76861.50
      04-17-2024, 07:00 PM   #4461
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

OK...so question for those waiting on cars. Front the moment you guys get an allocation and submit...how long is the wait roughly? 3 months? I know some get there really quick. I am counting on 3 months to delivery. Would that be a decent guess or expectation?
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2024, 07:42 PM   #4462
Digitalprty
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
OK...so question for those waiting on cars. Front the moment you guys get an allocation and submit...how long is the wait roughly? 3 months? I know some get there really quick. I am counting on 3 months to delivery. Would that be a decent guess or expectation?
I got my allocation on January 17th. So, exactly three months to today.

I’m still stuck at the port with Mr. Hankey waiting for my car.
Appreciate 2
Ronin76861.50
Mr. Hankey1141.00
      04-17-2024, 07:44 PM   #4463
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Cool. Thank you for confirming!!
Appreciate 2
      04-17-2024, 09:11 PM   #4464
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:

I was the same exact timeframe. Allocation in January, forget the exact date but about the same. Completed build 3/6. Sat for about 3 weeks in Mexico waiting for a boat.
      04-17-2024, 09:24 PM   #4465
Ronin76
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I was the same exact timeframe. Allocation in January, forget the exact date but about the same. Completed build 3/6. Sat for about 3 weeks in Mexico waiting for a boat.
So once the dealership calls to let you know they have an allocation for you, how long do you have before you have to send in your specs and it is locked in (can't make changes anymore)?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 09:35 PM   #4466
Digitalprty
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin76 View Post
So once the dealership calls to let you know they have an allocation for you, how long do you have before you have to send in your specs and it is locked in (can't make changes anymore)?
I actually specced/ordered and placed a deposit on the car at the dealership on January 13th. (So, a few days before I got the allocation.) The day I got the allocation (the 17th), I decided to have him also add the MP HAS.

I made no more changes after that, though I think you might be able to change specs up to the point when production begins (which for me was February 13th). I hear that adding port-installed options can even be added up until you get to the port of destination. Though I’m not positive if these are the actual cutoff dates.
Appreciate 1
Ronin76861.50