bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-10-2024, 08:40 AM   #1
mburg
MBurg
Rep
Drives: '22 230

Apple Carplay issue

I have Idrive 7, with the screen split, showing map on the left side and music/phone on the right. Over the past 2 days, the map has been defaulting to Apple Carplay. I can get in the car to run an errand with the map being from the car, and when I return to the car after the errand it has defaulted to Apple - or vice versa. Aside from turning off Carplay on my phone, I can't find any setting in Idrive to change this.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 09:26 PM   #2
Zuban
United_States
Rep
Drives: 230iX

This has happened to me a couple of times. Yeah, it's annoying. When it happens, I make sure there's no active destination in Maps or Waze, toggle the phone's wifi off, select the BMW nav map, and then turn phone wifi back on. It took me far longer to type that than it takes to complete all the steps.

Not a perfect solution, mind you, but it seems to work for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 08:01 AM   #3
mburg
MBurg
Rep
Drives: '22 230

Thanks. I've been toggling Apple Carplay off and on in the car, and mostly that works, if not the first time, the second. Just puzzling that this just started to happen, after over 2 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2024, 02:41 PM   #4
Zuban
United_States
Rep
Drives: 230iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburg View Post
Thanks. I've been toggling Apple Carplay off and on in the car, and mostly that works, if not the first time, the second. Just puzzling that this just started to happen, after over 2 years.
Yeah and it’s not just an issue on BMWs. It’s something in ’s code.
Appreciate 0