BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Wheels / Tires

04-28-2022, 05:00 PM   #23
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep
Drives: Super73

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Please post some pics when you get it unwrapped. It looks identical to my build except for ZTK.

I really like the wheels but don't need the cooling and don't care for the fender surrounds, and $2400 I think could go towards aftermarket wheels.
There's also the additional M-Line performance software to go with the iDrive 7.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2022, 11:36 AM   #24
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

I added the package after finding that the package is believed to come with larger calipers. So for this package you get the wheels, better tires, bigger calipers+rotors, and the cooling. You're saying different software comes with this as well?

Last edited by MPR; 04-29-2022 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 01:17 PM   #25
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
I added the package after finding that the package is believed to come with larger calipers. So for this package you get the wheels, better tires, bigger calipers+rotors, and the cooling. You're saying different software comes with this as well?
Yes, you get some performance metrics on the iDrive 7 screen, but your calipers/rotors will be the same size as everyone else's U.S. cars.

So...
  • performance metrics software
  • larger tires/wheels
  • fender flares
  • transmission cooler
  • engine aux fan

W/o the ZTK package the difference in tire circumference is 0.4%. With the ZTK the difference is 0.8%, so it would appear the transmission cooler will be a benefit for anyone that's wanting a wider rear tire/wheel combo that often creates a larger circumference delta.
Appreciate 1
P_Chris156.50
      05-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #26
bmwman4life11
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 s1000rr/ 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post
Yes, you get some performance metrics on the iDrive 7 screen, but your calipers/rotors will be the same size as everyone else's U.S. cars.

So...
  • larger tires/wheels
  • fender flares
  • transmission cooler
  • engine aux fan

I don't have the ZTK package but I believe I have the metrics software you are talking about unless you are stating something else comes with it? what is the additional software you are talking about?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 07:27 AM   #27
XC3LLR8
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwman4life11 View Post
I don't have the ZTK package but I believe I have the metrics software you are talking about unless you are stating something else comes with it? what is the additional software you are talking about?
My car just started production, so no firsthand experience. This is what the BMW Genius told me on a previous call when I was trying to confirm exactly what the ZTK did and did not include.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 11:13 PM   #28
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC3LLR8 View Post

So...
  • larger tires/wheels
  • fender flares
  • transmission cooler
  • engine aux fan

W/o the ZTK package the difference in tire circumference is 0.4%. With the ZTK the difference is 0.8%, so it would appear the transmission cooler will be a benefit for anyone that's wanting a wider rear tire/wheel combo that often creates a larger circumference delta.
The calipers & rotors appear larger on the ZTK packaged cars. Though, it's difficult to find this documented anywhere. Look at pics of cars with and without the package to see the difference. This thread refers to the same package on the M340i, assuming the same applies to the G42.

With ZTK - rotors consume most of the open space, and calipers look ginormous

Without ZTK - More gap due to smaller rotors. This is a BGM car I saw in person and snapped a pic of the brakes.
Attached Images

Last edited by MPR; 05-08-2022 at 11:30 PM..
Appreciate 0