E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2007 BMW 328i Project Car (needs engine work) for sale - Worcester, MA

07-09-2024, 03:58 PM   #1
UncleGurm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 93 BMW 325is Sprt

2007 BMW 328i Project Car (needs engine work) for sale - Worcester, MA

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 1,200.00

Or Best Offer

Item Interest
This is a car I intended to fix up with my son. But he's leaving for school in a few weeks and we ran out of time. Here's what we know:

2007 328i, ~190k on the odometer
Electronics are all solid, key fobs unlock the car, windows and sunroof work, stereo, etc.
Leather is pretty good - one scuffed area on the driver's door (not pictured)
Battery is pretty dead, good for one or two starts before it needs help
Car does start and run (badly)
Great tires (michelin) that hold air well and have plenty of tread
Brakes seem ok except the e-brake pads which were rusted stuck and fell off when we towed it
Usual wear and tear on trim pieces externally - rubber bits, trunk shocks need a recharge, etc. - but nothing bad
We put in a new engine computer mated to the car!

What's wrong with it?

Well... for starters the big red oil light. My mechanic agrees that the oil pump is kaput. And it looks like the previous owner drove it like that (with no oil pressure), so the engine sounds BAD. Guaranteed that Uncle Rodney came a-knockin'. The only codes are for two of the cylinders misfiring, so maybe it's just those two cylinders making all the noise, and you can get them milled. But PROBABLY it needs some cylinder TLC after the oil pump is replaced... or a new engine (not a hard job for some of you guys!)

That's all that we KNOW that it needs. Battery, oil pump, cylinder TLC. Or just battery and an engine. Either way.

But of course ... there could be more. We fully anticipated brakes, or ball joints, or whatever - but it does seem to go straight without too much fuss, and stop, but we didn't take it far due to the aforementioned horrid noise.

So I'm hoping to get a grand out of this, and have someone tow it away. Local junkers will give me $500, but c'mon the seats are worth more than that!

Just trying to fund a running car for the kid to take to school next month.

Thanks for reading! Pics attached! No it's not my license plate, no it's not valid, so I didn't bother blurring it.

Make me an offer, come and get it, and enjoy!

(Oh, and a quick note - we have a clean title, so this should be an easy transaction irrespective of where you live!)

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2024, 07:58 PM   #2
UncleGurm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 93 BMW 325is Sprt

Whoops!

Just found out I need a certain number of post replies to get PM's. Hope nobody is beating down my door on this one. LOL.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2024, 07:48 AM   #3
jamaka
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

LS swap it
Appreciate 0