E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Stalling and now surging at idle

06-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
Ozzie335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Stalling and now surging at idle

For the last few months I have had what appears to be a similar stalling issue that was touched on here earlier this month. Recently I added a charge pipe, Pure 2, among other things. Now the stalling has gotten worse, as well as the occasional surge to 900 rpm while idling. It is as though the engine is not metering properly. I feel that the increased airflow may have exacerbated the situation.

The description on the ECS page for the manifold absolute pressure part looks like a fit. Has anybody else had these symptoms, only to be resolved by changing this part?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2015, 02:31 PM   #2
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
For the last few months I have had what appears to be a similar stalling issue that was touched on here earlier this month. Recently I added a charge pipe, Pure 2, among other things. Now the stalling has gotten worse, as well as the occasional surge to 900 rpm while idling. It is as though the engine is not metering properly. I feel that the increased airflow may have exacerbated the situation.

The description on the ECS page for the manifold absolute pressure part looks like a fit. Has anybody else had these symptoms, only to be resolved by changing this part?
What is a pure 2?