home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

10-31-2022, 05:26 PM   #1
OleSchloppie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Has this happened to anyone else?

The M240i I ordered was delivered to the dealership a week ago but I haven’t taken delivery yet. The dealership states the update to iDrive didn’t take and they can’t get all of the functions to work at the same time. They have ordered a new iDrive system.. I don’t know if that means the screen, some kind of control module or audio system or what. I still have no ETA at this time and am a little confused. Anyone hear of this happening to anyone?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 10:09 PM   #2
Rw-M240
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchloppie View Post
The M240i I ordered was delivered to the dealership a week ago but I haven’t taken delivery yet. The dealership states the update to iDrive didn’t take and they can’t get all of the functions to work at the same time. They have ordered a new iDrive system.. I don’t know if that means the screen, some kind of control module or audio system or what. I still have no ETA at this time and am a little confused. Anyone hear of this happening to anyone?
Yes a friend has this same issue and he didn't get his car for almost 2 months.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 10:38 PM   #3
OleSchloppie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Well if it was two months, I assume it’s not related to the update for the back up camera issue? If so, how does this pass through QC and final assembly as a working product and show up to the dealership essentially broken with no ETA?
Appreciate 1
PP3121357.50
      11-02-2022, 11:53 AM   #4
danallxt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240x, 2007 Honda VFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSchloppie View Post
Well if it was two months, I assume it’s not related to the update for the back up camera issue? If so, how does this pass through QC and final assembly as a working product and show up to the dealership essentially broken with no ETA?
I agree, that is not acceptable.
If it gets delayed very long i would be aggressively lobbying for a discount with the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 03:23 PM   #5
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by danallxt View Post
I agree, that is not acceptable.
If it gets delayed very long i would be aggressively lobbying for a discount with the dealer.
You should be "lobbying" BMW. The dealership giving you a discount for something the factory messed up is not very likely.
Appreciate 0