steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Thundernight without Shadowline

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Morning friends, I'm officially the proud owner of a 2022 m240i. I've had it for the weekend and have already put 500 miles on it. I'm very eager to get it past 1200 so I can really put it through the paces. Once I'm past the break in period I'll post a full write up on my driving impressions. I also plan to put up a video review. I'm a filmmaker on the side so this will be quite a fun subject to shoot!

I haven't seen anyone order their thundernight with cerium gray and wanted to show everyone what it looks like.

The top of the grill has black on it so it does look like Shadowline when your looking down at the car which is an interesting effect.

I've also included a shot of the trunk full of video gear. It holds way more than you'd think.

The HUD display provides a ton of useful information and is really great for navigation.

I'll be posting more photos at a later date!
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
      02-14-2022, 11:21 AM   #2
EM3RLD
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 230i

Awesome! This is exactly the build i have. Thanks for sharing.

That head up display is amazing. So complete!
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 11:30 AM   #3
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM3RLD View Post
Awesome! This is exactly the build i have. Thanks for sharing.

That head up display is amazing. So complete!
Great! You're going to love it. My friends have told me (and I can attest) photos do not do it justice. It's a dynamic paint that really changes based on lighting conditions. I've seen almost black, deep purple, and bright purple. The HUD shows more data, I just have it reduced to show a color coded tach. And the map when nav is activated.

It's a little creepy, but then nav legit knows what lane you're in. On the HUD it shows a red arrow indicating you need to cut across x lanes to get to your exit
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 12:42 PM   #4
Golddog
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Alfa Romeo Stelvio

Car looks great! I ordered Potimao Blue, without the shadow line, and the cerenium wheels. I like the contrast the cerenium accents add. Good choice on your Thundernight.
      02-14-2022, 03:45 PM   #5
EM3RLD
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelatx View Post
Great! You're going to love it. My friends have told me (and I can attest) photos do not do it justice. It's a dynamic paint that really changes based on lighting conditions. I've seen almost black, deep purple, and bright purple. The HUD shows more data, I just have it reduced to show a color coded tach. And the map when nav is activated.

It's a little creepy, but then nav legit knows what lane you're in. On the HUD it shows a red arrow indicating you need to cut across x lanes to get to your exit
Thanks man. How do you like the wheels? I was thinking of changing my order to the cerium grey.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 09:41 PM   #6
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Love the wheels! Mind the dust in the photos lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 09:45 PM   #7
ryo-
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 MWM M240i

oh wow, I did not know the HUD was that detailed. I was just expecting arrows for the nav lol. that is awesome.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 07:56 AM   #8
CTGT2005
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i

Personally I like the looks of the car better with the cerium inserts in the front instead of blacked out. Too big of openings with disconnected lines makes the shadowline package look less finished. Looks great. The thunder night metallic is growing on me. I think it does a great job pulling the design elements together.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 08:57 AM   #9
mechman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGT2005 View Post
Personally I like the looks of the car better with the cerium inserts in the front instead of blacked out. Too big of openings with disconnected lines makes the shadowline package look less finished. Looks great. The thunder night metallic is growing on me. I think it does a great job pulling the design elements together.
I am in the same boat. I think the cerium gray complements well especially on the darker colors.

I am eagerly waiting to pick up my Thundernight with cerium gray wheels in 2 weeks from the performance center.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 08:59 AM   #10
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGT2005 View Post
I was Initially torn on Going with Shadowline, but had the same thoughts. Too big of openings in the front made it look like incomplete gaps. The gray really adds nice contrast.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 09:00 AM   #11
oldbmwtech
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Personally I like the Thundernight. Might be a tad dark. My wife hated it so did my friends. Even the dealer told me if I order that color there will be no refund on deposit. They also told me they could not sell a purple car. I ended up ordering Alpine White. Boring
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 09:56 AM   #12
240idax
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwtech View Post
Personally I like the Thundernight. Might be a tad dark. My wife hated it so did my friends. Even the dealer told me if I order that color there will be no refund on deposit. They also told me they could not sell a purple car. I ended up ordering Alpine White. Boring
Your dealer sounds like an ass with a personal bias. Thundernight is selling very well, could even be the top choice.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2022, 10:42 AM   #13
zipstic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Garage List
2008 335xi Coupe  [10.00]
Quote:

What do the seven white dashes with an orange dash to the right above your speed signify?

The HUD is impressive!
      02-15-2022, 11:02 AM   #14
steelatx
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipstic View Post
What do the seven white dashes with an orange dash to the right above your speed signify?

The HUD is impressive!
It's a visual representation of the tach. Kind of like a shift light to give you a visual of shift points / red line. It's called sport display in the HUD
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
yanks1484.00
      02-15-2022, 12:36 PM   #15
DougMcL
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW i4 40e, Honda Jazz Hybrid

I've ordered my Brooklyn Grey with the Cerium. I think it works well as the BG has amber accents to the metallic flake which the Cerium compliments. I'm not keen on blacked out cars anyway.
Appreciate 1
MPSdriver192.00
      02-15-2022, 12:57 PM   #16
powerocool
Registered
Rep
Drives: None

I specifically removed Shadowline when switched to Thundernight. I like cerium grey in my M340i a lot, and the gold accent in the headlight has perfect contrast to the purple.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 02:45 PM   #17
EM3RLD
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Love the wheels! Mind the dust in the photos lol
Thanks for sharing photos of the wheel. This is the wheel in my build because I think the spread makes the wheel looks bigger. But after looking at a few photos, I can also see the cerium being a better match to the color on the grill.

What do you think about the wheels? What do you like about it and why did you choose it?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2022, 02:46 PM   #18
EM3RLD
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbmwtech View Post
This is exactly the position I am in. My wife won't drive it and my dealer said they "probably" won't refund my deposit if I don't like it. And tbh I am really really close to changing my order from thundernight to white or black, but everytime I return to this post, I change my mind haha
Appreciate 0