bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-07-2023, 03:27 PM   #23
Value
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
Did you get a G87?
I wanted too,but I need awd for a daily,Went with a 24 G42. If they ever come out with a awd M2. I’m in ✅

Instead of a JB4,I’ll most likely get a hybrid turbo and port injection. That plus a real tune should be a solid setup .
Appreciate 1
rons e921438.00
      12-07-2023, 06:59 PM   #24
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Value View Post
I wanted too,but I need awd for a daily,Went with a 24 G42. If they ever come out with a awd M2. I’m in ✅

Instead of a JB4,I’ll most likely get a hybrid turbo and port injection. That plus a real tune should be a solid setup .
Oh awesome. I do miss the AWD sometimes, especially when it's this cold.

I went with a Racechip instead of a JB4 on my G87 to hold me over until spring when we do unlock the ecu and add PI. I never really felt confident with the JB4 for some reason. In the like 6 months I had it, I never even ran any ethanol because it never felt right in any map.

I can't wait to experience the car without a piggyback though.

Did you order the same spec? I still have a picture of your car at the dealer wrapped in plastic on my phone haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 07:36 AM   #25
Value
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rons e92 View Post
Oh awesome. I do miss the AWD sometimes, especially when it's this cold.

I went with a Racechip instead of a JB4 on my G87 to hold me over until spring when we do unlock the ecu and add PI. I never really felt confident with the JB4 for some reason. In the like 6 months I had it, I never even ran any ethanol because it never felt right in any map.

I can't wait to experience the car without a piggyback though.

Did you order the same spec? I still have a picture of your car at the dealer wrapped in plastic on my phone haha.
That’s funny,I remember you seeing it before I did lol. I went with a different spec,alpine white,no ZTK and black interior.

It’s def a whole different animal once tuned. The S58 is a beast,I’ve wanted one for a while now. How do you like the racechip ?

Did you trade your old car in as is. If you have any parts left lmk
I ordered suspension and a few other things so far.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
rons e921438.00
      12-08-2023, 11:03 AM   #26
rons e92
60-130 Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Value View Post
That’s funny,I remember you seeing it before I did lol. I went with a different spec,alpine white,no ZTK and black interior.

It’s def a whole different animal once tuned. The S58 is a beast,I’ve wanted one for a while now. How do you like the racechip ?

Did you trade your old car in as is. If you have any parts left lmk
I ordered suspension and a few other things so far.
Nice spec. The more time goes on the more I like white on these cars.

I like the racechip. Noticeable gain in power with no headaches. Just kind of set it and forget it.

I did trade the car in, but I put it back to stock and sold all the mods for half price.

Freeport really wanted the car. They gave me $5k over book value which resulted in a trade in value of nearly $50k. Today the car isn't even worth $34k according to KBB and they took it in July with 16k miles on it. They were right though, at the time it was the only one in the country for sale with ZTK, and they sold it for $56k in 6 days to some guy from Rye. Sticker was $61k.

Wish I knew that and I would have sold it on my own.
Appreciate 0