E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Swapping SE seat to M Sport

09-11-2024, 04:21 AM   #1
philatprdd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 LCI 330d SE

Swapping SE seat to M Sport

I have an E91 LCI SE model after previously having the older M Sport. The drover's seat is totally awful and I want to put in a salvage seat from an M Sport. The installed seats are memory/electrical but not heated, in Anthracite Alicantra. So I've found it very difficult to find the right O/S seat. So, my question is, if I use a manual seat (which I don't have a problem with, and of which there are many available) am I going to have an issue with a million codes coming up once swapped? I don't have a coder and was going to attempt the fit myself. I don't want to change the whole lot to leather, which would give me more choice, as my wife far prefers these seats. Many thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2024, 02:40 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

Should be a straight enough swap. To avoid a code I seem to remember you need to swap the seatbelt receptical over from the original seat as this may be coded to the car. Swap with the pretensioner and wiring plug. The whole thing should be easily removable to swap over.
Appreciate 0