04-08-2022, 09:29 AM   #67
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Cmtl View Post
Amazing seats, but since I daily my car, pretty sure I would pass (though I haven't had any seat time in them).
Not an issue at all, I daily my car, have it for over one year and 15k miles now…after getting in / out 4,5 times u find an easy routine on how to get in & out and it becomes absolutely normal.

For me that is one of the main highlights of the G8X platform, and driving one without the CBs feels like a completely different car.
Appreciate 4
chicagofan0019077.00
JustinHEMI7441.00
Sedan_Clan24980.50
      04-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #68
riko///m2
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: LSB E46 M3, AW F87 M2, and 33

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [9.90]
2017 BMW m2   [9.75]
The new carbon bucket seats are now on the accessories catalog. $21k? Yikes!

https://www.bmwpartspros.com/p-bmw-o...-black-g82lksw
reginijr1162.00
EXE462100.00
      04-08-2022, 10:47 AM   #69
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Shoot, you guys are correct; that is an LCI F87 interior… ��

And so the plot thickens..
Yo P dawg, the plot has actually thinned. Check out ynguldyn's confirmation of the CF seats a few posts back, #51 and #53.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 10:56 AM   #70
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Doing all they can with content to distract from the esthetics
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 11:08 AM   #71
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
Shoot, you guys are correct; that is an LCI F87 interior… 🤔

And so the plot thickens..
Yo P dawg, the plot has actually thinned. Check out ynguldyn's confirmation of the CF seats a few posts above, post #51 and #53.
Yea, I saw that but this is still just an unsubstantiated claim and not an official fact, so I'm still skeptical..

Seeing that they are listed as an official accessory option and is placed in what seems to be the corner for someone's house and not in a factory setting, there is a possibility they might just be a purchased set with a custom M2 badge.

I am aware that Ynguldyn is some sort of supposed insider and all due respect to him if it is indeed true but this is still the internet and anyone can claim to be anyone or be privy to secret information with nothing to back it up expect their word. 🤨

Yours Sincerely,
The Queen Of England
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 11:12 AM   #72
yuvalt
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 M240i, 09 Miata, 70 Corvett

I don't see any carbon in the pictures. Maybe they will do plastic buckets? Hmm
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 11:19 AM   #73
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Yea, I saw that but this is still just an unsubstantiated claim and not an official fact, so I'm still skeptical..

Seeing that they are listed as an official accessory option and is placed in what seems to be the corner for someone's house and not in a factory setting, there is a possibility they might just be a purchased set with a custom M2 badge.

I am aware that Ynguldyn is some sort of supposed insider and all due respect to him if it is indeed true but this is still the internet and anyone can claim to be anyone or be privy to secret information with nothing to back it up expect their word. 🤨

Yours Sincerely,
The Queen Of England
Your Majesty,
ynguldyn doesn't make claims, as I'm sure you've seen this thread before many times. I also wouldn't put too much stock into where the pic was taken. Remember the front bumper leak and the surrounding environment it was taken in? That didn't look like it was at any official BMW location and yet turned out to be the real thing. In my experience when ynguldyn confirms it you can take it to the bank.
Appreciate 4
Poochie9103.00
atl_1M1520.00
EXE462100.00
vj1233785.50
      04-08-2022, 11:34 AM   #74
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:

Yours Sincerely,
The Queen Of England
Your Majesty,
ynguldyn doesn't make claims, as I'm sure you've seen this thread before many times. I also wouldn't put too much stock into where the pic was taken. Remember the front bumper leak and the surrounding environment it was taken in? That didn't look like it was at any official BMW location and yet turned out to be the real thing. In my experience when ynguldyn confirms it you can take it to the bank.
I guess we both have varying levels of trust and I'm not saying I'm right, just not yet fully convinced until I see something official but I guess soon enough we'll know for sure..

Either way, I'll probably be able to get a set by then because I received an email today from a Nigerian Prince that told me I'm going be rich!

Gotta love the internet. 😉
Appreciate 1
Tag18125.00
      04-08-2022, 11:41 AM   #75
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Not an issue at all, I daily my car, have it for over one year and 15k miles now…after getting in / out 4,5 times u find an easy routine on how to get in & out and it becomes absolutely normal.

For me that is one of the main highlights of the G8X platform, and driving one without the CBs feels like a completely different car.
Insights like this may get me to change my mind if they're available when I order.

Can you describe your routine, if it's possible to even put such a thing into words?

I currently imagine only embarrassing myself getting in and out on rallies and at meets.
      04-08-2022, 11:56 AM   #76
aaaaah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Nuggets

I'd accept the wang holster if you could get them in an all cloth interior.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:01 PM   #77
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post

Insights like this may get me to change my mind if they're available when I order.

Can you describe your routine, if it's possible to even put such a thing into words?

I currently imagine only embarrassing myself getting in and out on rallies and at meets.
Indeed not easy to describe…but I try

I kind of lift myself out by pushing with right underarm on the middle rest and the same with the left arm by pushing with the triceps against the upper part of the seat…it really is very easy once u find the best way.

And don't worry, after a few ins & outs it will become like getting in & out of any regular car
Appreciate 1
JustinHEMI7441.00
      04-08-2022, 12:06 PM   #78
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
I guess we both have varying levels of trust and I'm not saying I'm right, just not yet fully convinced until I see something official but I guess soon enough we'll know for sure..

Either way, I'll probably be able to get a set by then because I received an email today from a Nigerian Prince that told me I'm going be rich!

Gotta love the internet. ��
I can see actual G87s with 48C built in SLP.

Not many relative to the total number built though. Supply chain strikes again?
Appreciate 7
Poochie9103.00
Tag18125.00
chicagofan0019077.00
Bumpinjeep5471.00
atl_1M1520.00
EXE462100.00
vj1233785.50
      04-08-2022, 12:08 PM   #79
Ag3ofShadows
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by O5E46M3 View Post
I still don't get the phallus holder thingo.
I don't get it either. It seems inconvenient to not be able to have your legs a bit closer together if necessary. Especially for driving a manual where your left leg has something to do. Maybe it doesn't sit as high as it looks in photos?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:16 PM   #80
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:

Thank you replying and I hope you understand it's nothing personal with my doubts, I just have trust issues and a hard time believing that $21,000 seats, even stretched out on a larger economic scale, would end up in an entry-level M car that BMW is supposedly trying to keep within a certain price tier..

Of course this is just opinion and I could be totally wrong..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:32 PM   #81
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Thank you replying and I hope you understand it's nothing personal with my doubts, I just have trust issues and a hard time believing that $21,000 seats, even stretched out on a larger economic scale, would end up in an entry-level M car that BMW is supposedly trying to keep within a certain price tier..

The retail price of a part has nothing to do with the cost of using it in a complete car.
Appreciate 3
Tag18125.00
chicagofan0019077.00
JustChris17483.00
      04-08-2022, 12:33 PM   #82
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why wouldn't they be? The option is +/- $3,000 additional. It's going to be the same way for the G87 (…which will likely come with the standard G8X M seats if you don't option the carbon buckets). The updated M2C came with the same front seats AND motor as the more expensive F8X M3/M4.

P.S. Weren't you one of the non-believers about the new grille being attributed to the G8X?!?
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0019077.00
JustChris17483.00
      04-08-2022, 12:35 PM   #83
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:

Wait, these seats are a 21000 dollar option?

EDIT, never mind, I see the follow on comments. 3K doesn't seem out of line.
      04-08-2022, 12:36 PM   #84
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:

NO!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:37 PM   #85
reginijr1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3, 2018 m3cs, 2022 m3xdr

Garage List
2018 BMW M3CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by riko///m2 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by riko///m2 View Post

What they don't tell you it comes in 50 pieces!!!

2020 M2cs
2022 M3xdrive
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 12:37 PM   #86
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Quote:

EDIT, never mind, I see the follow on comments. 3K doesn't seem out of line.
$3800 for the CB in the G8X.

Will we be getting the same interior options as the G8x?
      04-08-2022, 12:51 PM   #87
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
I'd take out a second mortgage to have these in the F8X's Carbon Nanostructure / Anthracite cloth option.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 01:17 PM   #88
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Why wouldn't they be? The option is +/- $3,000 additional. It's going to be the same way for the G87 (…which will likely come with the standard G8X M seats if you don't option the carbon buckets). The updated M2C came with the same front seats AND motor as the more expensive F8X M3/M4.

P.S. Weren't you one of the non-believers about the new grille being attributed to the G8X?!?
Yes, I was one of those beaver-tooth grill skeptics but you can't equate one with the other and what was the first thing I did when I official realized I was wrong? I humbled myself and gave you your due credit. I'm not just playing devil's advocate here for the sake of it but instead I'm one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" type of folks - it keep things simple.

I admit, I don't know enough about how exactly a vehicle's MSRP is determined but I do believe you're oversimplifying the example that a "$3,000 option" would reap the same exact cost and return for the manufacture, across every single model tier.

The M2, M4, M5, M8 all have different overall price points, thus, what it cost BMW to offer a specific option on a 60k MSRP M2 is not going to scale down the same as a $140,000 M8.

I'm sure with enough researcher, I would write a proper thesis on the subject but I hope you get my drift for the sake of expedience.
Appreciate 0