Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
Quote:
I guess we both have varying levels of trust and I'm not saying I'm right, just not yet fully convinced until I see something official but I guess soon enough we'll know for sure..

Either way, I'll probably be able to get a set by then because I received an email today from a Nigerian Prince that told me I'm going be rich!

Gotta love the internet. ��
I can see actual G87s with 48C built in SLP.

Not many relative to the total number built though. Supply chain strikes again?
Thank you replying and I hope you understand it's nothing personal with my doubts, I just have trust issues and a hard time believing that $21,000 seats, even stretched out on a larger economic scale, would end up in an entry-level M car that BMW is supposedly trying to keep within a certain price tier..

Of course this is just opinion and I could be totally wrong..
Why wouldn't they be? The option is +/- $3,000 additional. It's going to be the same way for the G87 (…which will likely come with the standard G8X M seats if you don't option the carbon buckets). The updated M2C came with the same front seats AND motor as the more expensive F8X M3/M4.

P.S. Weren't you one of the non-believers about the new grille being attributed to the G8X?!?
Yes, I was one of those beaver-tooth grill skeptics but you can't equate one to the other and what was the first thing I did when I official realized I was wrong? I humbled myself and gave you your due credit. I'm not just playing devil's advocate here for the sake of it but instead I'm one of those "I'll believe it when I see it" type of folks - it keeps things simple.

I admit, I don't know enough about how exactly a vehicle's MSRP is determined but I do believe you're oversimplifying that example that a "$3,000 option" would reap the same exact cost and return for the manufacture, across every single model tier.

The M2, M4, M5, M8 all have different overall price points, thus, what it cost BMW to offer a specific option on a 60k MSRP M2 is not going to scale down the same as a $140,000 M8.

I'm sure with enough researcher, I would write a thesis on the subject but I hope you get my drift for the sake of expedience.
We are talking 60k M2 and 70k M3/M4….

….and even the carbon fiber buckets in the M8 are the same/similar to what's offered in the M3/M4. BMW has streamlined their process. Again, one only has to look at the F8X and the M2C for an example of the same parts used on vehicles at two different price points.

P.S. The carbon buckets in the GT3 are the same/similar buckets available in a Cayman. Talk about using the same parts across two vastly different price points.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17427.50
      04-08-2022, 01:22 PM   #90
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
$3800 for the CB in the G8X.

Will we be getting the same interior options as the G8x?
I hope there's some variation for the G87. I personally like black interiors, because they don't seem as dated later in the cars life. I do however like to break up the all black with contrast stitching etc. The black seats for the G80/2 have gray surround inserts on the stock seats which don't look good to me. I love how the leaked CF seats are all black, but have some tastefully added color inserts. I don't plan on getting the CF seats, so I hope they do the same with the black stock seats.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 02:36 PM   #91
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

The carbon seats were the only thing I liked about my G82. An absolute necessity they be available for this car in order for me to buy one. Here’s hoping!
Appreciate 1
The_Werm212.00
      04-08-2022, 04:00 PM   #92
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Quote:
I guess we both have varying levels of trust and I'm not saying I'm right, just not yet fully convinced until I see something official but I guess soon enough we'll know for sure..

Either way, I'll probably be able to get a set by then because I received an email today from a Nigerian Prince that told me I'm going be rich!

Gotta love the internet. ��
I can see actual G87s with 48C built in SLP.

Not many relative to the total number built though. Supply chain strikes again?
Are there different color options like the G8X?
      04-08-2022, 05:12 PM   #93
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Seat color is determined by the overall interior color choice. I could in principle try and check every G87 built for the combination of the interior color vs yes/no bucket seats but please forgive me for being lazy and not doing that.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 05:26 PM   #94
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Seat color is determined by the overall interior color choice. I could in principle try and check every G87 built for the combination of the interior color vs yes/no bucket seats but please forgive me for being lazy and not doing that.
LOL no I'd never ask that. However I would LOVE to know exterior/interior color options if that's a less tedious task.
      04-08-2022, 07:24 PM   #95
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Not an issue at all, I daily my car, have it for over one year and 15k miles now…after getting in / out 4,5 times u find an easy routine on how to get in & out and it becomes absolutely normal.

For me that is one of the main highlights of the G8X platform, and driving one without the CBs feels like a completely different car.
Insights like this may get me to change my mind if they're available when I order.

Can you describe your routine, if it's possible to even put such a thing into words?

I currently imagine only embarrassing myself getting in and out on rallies and at meets.
Indeed not easy to describe…but I try

I kind of lift myself out by pushing with right underarm on the middle rest and the same with the left arm by pushing with the triceps against the upper part of the seat…it really is very easy once u find the best way.

And don't worry, after a few ins & outs it will become like getting in & out of any regular car
No. You don't need to use two hands to get in/out of a "regular car." Seats with large thigh bolsters (and side bolsters for that matter) are just much more difficult to get in and out. I'll agree you might get used to the suck; and how you need to empty your hands to get in or out, but highly bolstered seats will always be a pain in the ass.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 07:36 PM   #96
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
LOL no I'd never ask that. However I would LOVE to know exterior/interior color options if that's a less tedious task.
Exterior colors I've seen (likely not complete): Black Sapphire, Toronto Red, Brooklyn Grey, Zandvoort Blue (this one is new, think Yaz Marina Blue with a touch of cloudy gray).

Interiors are plain black, black with blue stitching, and two other new codes I haven't seen before, one of them of the "full merino leather" kind that can be matched with the buckets.

Last edited by ynguldyn; 04-08-2022 at 09:21 PM..
Appreciate 11
Tag17935.50
chicagofan0018923.00
Game7278.50
atl_1M1520.00
Poochie9099.00
EXE462097.00
Bumpinjeep5363.50
The_Werm212.00
manuelf340.00
02M3ForMe4255.50
JTO245246.50
      04-08-2022, 08:21 PM   #97
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Exterior colors I've seen (likely not complete): Black Sapphire, Toronto Red, Zandvoort Blue (this one is new, think Yaz Marina Blue with a touch of cloudy gray).

Interiors are plain black, black with blue stitching, and one other new code I haven't seen before.
Wow I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't see a silverstone or kyalami orange option!

I'm fairly sure I've seen some spy shots with an orange-brownish interior before.
      04-08-2022, 09:37 PM   #98
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time, so bucket seats is an unnecessary compromise..

On a daily driver or on long road trips, the standard M seats is better suited for a task, IMHO If it's your second car, I could see where bucket seats might work..

A red leather opinion would be divine

Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      04-08-2022, 10:27 PM   #99
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time, so bucket seats is an unnecessary compromise..

On a daily driver or on long road trips, the standard M seats is better suited for a task, IMHO If it's your second car, I could see where bucket seats might work..

I'd be happy with anything but black LOL.
      04-09-2022, 03:11 AM   #100
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Yes!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 04:01 AM   #101
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:

I've gone for the M seats in my M4. I get in and out way too often to make them feasible.

I also think a lot of people may have tried them in an M3 saloon at a dealers.

Coupe access is a different matter (for me in the U.K. at a least) in many car parks. The door access is a while different thing.

I also observed on one gorgeous Fiona red seat I saw at a dealers it was ALREADY marking up on our inside edge of the lower seat bolster.

The red had black / jeans marks on and some distressed leather. That one piece is going to take a bartering over time if not careful.

I'd love the CFs on a second car but for my needs I'm sticking with the M.

I do think it's an amazing feat of engineering beauty and it's certainly coming to the M2. It's bizarre at this stage to think it won't!
      04-09-2022, 07:08 AM   #102
M3GALLY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2020 MDX, 2003 c320

Jealous they get the kith coloring scheme was annoyed they didn't offer the m coloring on the seats for the g80
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24829.00
      04-09-2022, 09:27 AM   #103
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadruple VANOS View Post
No. You don't need to use two hands to get in/out of a "regular car." Seats with large thigh bolsters (and side bolsters for that matter) are just much more difficult to get in and out. I'll agree you might get used to the suck; and how you need to empty your hands to get in or out, but highly bolstered seats will always be a pain in the ass.
I didn't say u need two hand to get out of a regular car…but that u will get used and it will become "normal".

But everyone luckily has the option to choose…

However, this small thing is more than worth it what other benefits u get from those seats…and for me it was never to the point where I would be thinking it is a pain in the ass…and I even get out with my phone, & wallet in my hands.
If u worry that much, go and test, and if it's nothing for u, go with the regular seats.

But even when someone drives with me for the first time, no one ever complained about getting in & out for example, so that's why I wonder so many have concerns about them…
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      04-09-2022, 09:52 AM   #104
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM3GALLY View Post
Jealous they get the kith coloring scheme was annoyed they didn't offer the m coloring on the seats for the g80
That's a BMW color scheme.
      04-09-2022, 11:58 AM   #105
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Hoping Tacora red doesn't make its way over to the G87.

04-09-2022, 01:47 PM   #106
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM3GALLY View Post
Agreed! This coloring scheme is great.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 04:16 PM   #107
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
I've gone for the M seats in my M4. I get in and out way too often to make them feasible.

Coupe access is a different matter (for me in the U.K. at a least) in many car parks. The door access is a while different thing.

I also observed on one gorgeous Fiona red seat I saw at a dealers it was ALREADY marking up on our inside edge of the lower seat bolster.

The red had black / jeans marks on and some distressed leather. That one piece is going to take a bartering over time if not careful.

I do think it's an amazing feat of engineering beauty and it's certainly coming to the M2. It's bizarre at this stage to think it won't!
You've changed cars again? What happened to the Jag/Tesla or whatever it was?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 07:37 PM   #108
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Hoping Tacora red doesn't make its way over to the G87.

I would not be surprised if it is.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2022, 02:07 AM   #109
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post

You've changed cars again? What happened to the Jag/Tesla or whatever it was?
Jag was sold within about 3 months of collecting. Used prices were just too strife to resist getting out of guilt free. The Tesla I decided not to fulfil the order. Hence have been in the wife's X2 for almost a year while 'shopping' around. M4 pick up next Saturday.
      04-10-2022, 02:53 AM   #110
manuelf
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 LCI

Quote:
Exterior colors I've seen (likely not complete): Black Sapphire, Toronto Red, Brooklyn Grey, Zandvoort Blue (this one is new, think Yaz Marina Blue with a touch of cloudy gray).

Interiors are plain black, black with blue stitching, and two other new codes I haven't seen before, one of them of the "full merino leather" kind that can be matched with the buckets.
Full leather in a G87!? That would be something! That means leather dashboard. Would bring the fit and finish level of the entry M near M3/4 territory. Too good to be true?
Appreciate 0