05-04-2022, 12:09 PM   #45
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus_One View Post
First on the list at my dealer too. I was kind of surprised how few people had inquired about getting on the list for this.
I don't think we realize that we're all pretty nuts for pre-ordering a car sight unseen.
AndyinHou479.00
      05-04-2022, 03:21 PM   #46
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Anyone know of any no-BS dealers I can order from? I'll be doing PCD so I can order from any dealership nationwide. My current rep who I ordered my X5 from pre-COVID for 10% off plus incentives without any hassle isn't being responsive. I know any discount at this point is a win, but definitely not looking to pay above MSRP. Who knows if by next year we're deep in a recession and discounts are back.

Let me know if you all have any easy to work with dealer reps that I can tap into. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 03:51 PM   #47
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I don't think we realize that we're all pretty nuts for pre-ordering a car sight unseen.
This would not be the first time I have done this for a new BMW. It will be my last though. Edit: BMW wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl_1M View Post
Anyone know of any no-BS dealers I can order from? I'll be doing PCD so I can order from any dealership nationwide. My current rep who I ordered my X5 from pre-COVID for 10% off plus incentives without any hassle isn't being responsive. I know any discount at this point is a win, but definitely not looking to pay above MSRP. Who knows if by next year we're deep in a recession and discounts are back.

Let me know if you all have any easy to work with dealer reps that I can tap into. Thanks!

Try BMW of Chattanooga and BMW of Nashville both owned by Sonic Automotive. Century BMW in Greenville, SC which is 15-20 mins from Plant Spartanburg and The Performance Center is also a Sonic Automotive dealership. Lastly, Grayson BMW in Knoxville is family owned. I know of two individuals that are allocations 1 & 2 there and I believe at MSRP, but I am not 100% certain on that. Keep us posted…

Last edited by T_U_D; 05-04-2022 at 04:06 PM..
Appreciate 1
atl_1M1520.00
      05-04-2022, 08:05 PM   #48
IndyMike
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 VO 1 M/22 G42 Thundernight

Quote:

You might try reaching out to Patrick BMW & Mini in the Chicagoland area. Game is the Dealer/Trade Manager there, and I understand they have a reputation for selling all of their M and M-Performance vehicles at MSRP and typically ask for only a $1000 deposit. They do not mark their cars up.

Patrick BMW is a big volume dealer which means they typically have more allocations available than smaller market dealers.

I'm in the process of ordering a 2022 M240ix from them when I thought I was SOL because the local dealer here in Indianapolis was unable to secure an allocation, and things are tight all over the country at this late date in the '22 model run. Turns out they had four available allocations to draw from. Pain and drama free experience so far.

Best wishes in your quest.

Will you be parting with the 1 M or adding the G87 to your fleet?

If you don't mind some friendly advice, I would recommend keeping it if possible. All due respect to both the F87 and G87, but they don't make them like that anymore.

"Before You, Lord, We Bow" - Francis Scott Key
Appreciate 3
atl_1M1520.00
Game7375.50
      05-04-2022, 08:13 PM   #49
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Quote:

You might try reaching out to Patrick BMW & Mini in the Chicagoland area. Game is the Dealer/Trade Manager there, and I understand they have a reputation for selling all of their M and M-Performance vehicles at MSRP and typically ask for only a $1000 deposit. They do not mark their cars up.

Patrick BMW is a big volume dealer which means they typically have more allocations available than smaller market dealers.

I'm in the process of ordering a 2022 M240ix from them when I thought I was SOL because the local dealer here in Indianapolis was unable to secure an allocation, and things are tight all over the country at this late date in the '22 model run. Turns out they had four available allocations to draw from. Pain and drama free experience so far.

If you don't mind some friendly advice, I would recommend keeping it if possible. All due respect to both the F87 and G87, but they don't make them like that anymore.
Appreciate the recommendations and advice from you and @T_U_D

The 1M is here to stay for as long as god wills . Not planning to ever part with it. It'll probably always be my all time favorite bmw.

The plan is to add a g87 to the fleet. It'll be good to have a modern bmw sports car to pair with the 1M since it'll be more refined and livable daily. Plus I want to catch the last proper manual bmw before they go extinct. I don't drive too much anyway so mileage won't be an issue, but I wanna keep 1M reserved for weekends only.
Appreciate 4
T_U_D6675.00
JustinHEMI7441.00
IndyMike410.00
      05-05-2022, 11:48 AM   #50
Doctorboss88
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Hello! Last week I spoke with my local BMW dealer here in Ohio. I was told I was "First" on the waitlist. They will not accept a deposit yet. I was also told that there are "VIPs" ahead of me. They are the owner and the owner's daughter. (Most likely his too LOL). Is this a common practice that will delay my acquisition? Should I look somewhere else? I am vigilantly attempting to ensure that I have a vehicle that falls under the 50 Jahre.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 01:30 PM   #51
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Thanks so much for the opportunity and the kind words Mike!
      05-05-2022, 01:44 PM   #52
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks so much for the opportunity and the kind words Mike!
Wait you're a manager at a dealer?? Ha you and I have become buds over the M2 threads. Let me know if you could help me out and how I can get in touch
Appreciate 1
Game7375.50
      05-05-2022, 03:29 PM   #53
Game
------
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Wait you're a manager at a dealer?? Ha you and I have become buds over the M2 threads. Let me know if you could help me out and how I can get in touch
Your DM's are full!
      05-05-2022, 03:39 PM   #54
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your DM's are full!
Sorry, try now!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 09:42 PM   #55
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Confirmed with my dealer that first allocation is still mine.
Game7375.50
T_U_D6675.00
      05-06-2022, 07:42 AM   #56
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

If the first car happens to be a HEA and is unmodifiable then I will be waiting for the next modifiable G87.
Appreciate 1
Game7375.50
      05-08-2022, 06:03 PM   #57
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Deposit was $500 for all you guys?

I know the car's anticipated launch is December 2022. Any word from these dealers on when yours' are coming in?

In roughly a year's time I'm going to be deciding between holding onto what I have vs. ponying up for the G87. Maybe I need to get on the waitlist now...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 06:37 PM   #58
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Deposit was $500 for all you guys?

I know the car's anticipated launch is December 2022. Any word from these dealers on when yours' are coming in?

In roughly a year's time I'm going to be deciding between holding onto what I have vs. ponying up for the G87. Maybe I need to get on the waitlist now...
Typically $1k. Since the MSRP is unknown most BMW Centers should be agreeable to making the deposit fully refundable.

Production begins 12/22, not vehicle launch. Launch will probably in Feb/March 2023.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9698.00
      05-09-2022, 08:10 AM   #59
Thundernight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240xi

I spoke to my CA about putting a deposit down for the G87 and he looked at me like I was crazy for asking about it. Apparently, they do not take deposits for cars that are not officially released.. I assume this differs from dealer to dealer. I'd like to stick with my local BMW dealership, but not psyched about the fact that I could get screwed by long waitlists.

For those that have pre-ordered, do you consolidate your vehicle purchases under a single dealer, or do you shop around until you find an allocation or CA who is taking deposits? My thoughts are that returning to the same dealer would work in your favor wrt allocation, but honestly have no idea (this seems to be the Porsche/Ferrari strategy). If this is the case, I might simply wait for the car to be released before I put a deposit down with my local BMW dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 08:29 AM   #60
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundernight View Post
I spoke to my CA about putting a deposit down for the G87 and he looked at me like I was crazy for asking about it. Apparently, they do not take deposits for cars that are not officially released.. I assume this differs from dealer to dealer. I'd like to stick with my local BMW dealership, but not psyched about the fact that I could get screwed by long waitlists.

For those that have pre-ordered, do you consolidate your vehicle purchases under a single dealer, or do you shop around until you find an allocation or CA who is taking deposits? My thoughts are that returning to the same dealer would work in your favor wrt allocation, but honestly have no idea (this seems to be the Porsche/Ferrari strategy). If this is the case, I might simply wait for the car to be released before I put a deposit down with my local BMW dealer.
It is possible that the G87 will be unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on June 23-26. Your local center should be willing to take a deposit then, if it officially debuts. If not then it might be best to locate another center willing to take your deposit as the wait-list are bound to get lengthy.

Note, no one has necessarily pre-ordered, those that have given a deposit have simply put their name in line for an allocation.

Last edited by T_U_D; 05-09-2022 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2022, 01:00 PM   #61
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep

I'm supposedly on the list for a dealership in GA with nothing down. It was a relatively new client adviser so I'm hoping he didn't just overlook anything. I also got added to a waiting list for the X5 50e LCI that's supposed to come next year. May decide to trade in 2020 X5 if I can get a good trade in and the full 7500 tax credit is still available. Most likely one of the two vehicles won't make the cut so we'll see...
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6675.00
      05-12-2022, 02:00 AM   #62
sk8funk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Anyone from the UK asked a dealer about being in a list of "interested"? had a DM on Instagram from a sales manager when i commented on no dealer has anything like this in UK, he asked me to send some details and he put me down on "a list" but he said, no dealer will ask for any sort of deposit as it's not officially revealed. Pretty glad he is honest
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 10:20 AM   #63
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
It is possible that the G87 will be unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on June 23-26. Your local center should be willing to take a deposit then, if it officially debuts. If not then it might be best to locate another center willing to take your deposit as the wait-list are bound to get lengthy.

Note, no one has necessarily pre-ordered, those that have given a deposit have simply put their name in line for an allocation.
It is not going to be unveiled at Goodwood.
Appreciate 1
Tag18122.00
      05-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #64
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
I don't think others realize they're pretty nuts for not pre-ordering the car once all the stellar reviews come pouring in and the waiting list is out the door.
Appreciate 4
JustinHEMI7441.00
Game7375.50
T_U_D6675.00
M3X_TB2284.00
      05-12-2022, 10:00 PM   #65
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
It is not going to be unveiled at Goodwood.
Appreciate 1
sk8funk174.50
      05-22-2022, 06:09 PM   #66
BoostedAmerican
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21'Mustang GT, 15 Silverado

4th on the list at my local dealership......was told that they will continue to provide me with updates once they receive additional details on the announcement of the car. Told me they won't take a deposit on the vehicle until it's officially announced but reassured me I would have my spot secured up until that point. Pretty excited nonetheless.
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6675.00