home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

04-30-2022, 08:58 AM   #67
M3EATERS
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 E89 Sdrive35i/M6 F13

All of these camo pics on the m4csl and m2 and no one with an updated render? Cmon renderers! And I am talking based on "The Ring" videos and images over the last 2 months.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2022, 09:14 AM   #68
m3less
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 AY M4

What are some guesses on the curb weight of this M2
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 09:55 AM   #69
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3less View Post
3850 pounds
      04-30-2022, 10:40 AM   #70
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
3850 pounds
Hopefully less than my RWD M340i @3849 lbs I don't need a 2 door -smaller car, so-called " real M car" that weighs the same as my sedan.
      04-30-2022, 10:45 AM   #71
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXE46 View Post
Quote:
3850 pounds
Hopefully less than my RWD M340i @3849 lbs I don't need a 2 door -smaller car, so-called " real M car" that weighs the same as my sedan.
Basically the new G series are little porkers

🐽
      04-30-2022, 10:46 AM   #72
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_The_Clean1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j23 View Post
Yeah, with G80 being an absolute travesty.
Except for the big buck tooth front grill design, they hit it out of the park. Granted the looks have grown on many of us. But the pure fact that many still haven't warmed up to it yet is a testament to it being a pretty bold redesign that will be talked about for years to come. And not in a good way. But I digress with my .02 cents & soapbox rant over! LOL

Back to the G87 M2. This things looks killer...
Quote:
Quote:
Except for the big buck tooth front grill design, they hit it out of the park. Granted the looks have grown on many of us. But the pure fact that many still haven't warmed up to it yet is a testament to it being a pretty bold redesign that will be talked about for years to come. And not in a good way. But I digress with my .02 cents & soapbox rant over! LOL

Many of the bmw purists on this message board that have an attachment to the old school designs maybe. I have yet to meet a person in the real world that doesn't love the G80 lol

I have no idea how I'll feel about the M2 but I really don't like the G42 at all. M2 could be great though…I don't really like the new 4 series and I'm a big fan of the G8x so who knows.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17483.00
      04-30-2022, 10:48 AM   #73
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Many of the bmw purists on this message board that have an attachment to the old school designs maybe. I have yet to meet a person in the real world that doesn't love the G80 lol

I have no idea how I'll feel about the M2 but I really don't like the G42 at all. M2 could be great though…I don't really like the new 4 series and I'm a big fan of the G8x so who knows.
Well I personally hate the look of the G82

So hopefully this is BMW M's saving grace
junx602.50
      04-30-2022, 11:05 AM   #74
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Well you're in luck cause the G87 looks absolutely nothing like the G42
02M3ForMe4257.00
      04-30-2022, 11:27 AM   #75
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Here's to hoping you're correct

junx602.50
      04-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #76
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I've literally seen pics of the car haha it's all 100% accurate
      04-30-2022, 11:49 AM   #77
3RDSECTOR
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i M-Sport (G20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Looks like another winner. G42 blows away the F22; looking forward to seeing how BMW M tops the F87.

Quote:
Yeah, what a travesty.

Credits jmg
(Throws up)
Appreciate 3
solstice5456.50
j23654.50
junx602.50
      04-30-2022, 12:35 PM   #78
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
I suspect it will drive vastly better than it will look. The recent debut of the X7 LCI and new 7-Series has me seriously concerned about the future design direction at BMW, more so than during the Bangle era.
And what happened right after the Bangle direction? We got some of the best takes at 'classic' looking BMWs ever. With proportionate shaped kidneys. And neat symmetrical headlights. And boringly rounded bodies and perfectly straight edges. And just enough aggression to standout in a parking lot littered with cars that look a lot like yours, but for the badge.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Design ebbs and flows. Without the Bangle era you wouldn't have gotten the F87, F90 or F80. It would have taken BMW 20 years to gradually move in that direction before a whiplash back. instead they did it in one generation. The Bangle 7 and e60 M5 have some of the most copied design cues in the HISTORY of BMW and the car industry in general.

When the e31 showed its ugly wedge shaped mug (you can revisionist history all you want, fan boys, age has done it a little justice, but its mostly nostalgia) yuppies everywhere cried. And wondered what was happening to their e30 producing beloved german car maker. What would the boys at the country club think?

You'll ever get another boringly restrained e30. You can blame leases, mass access and mass appeal. You might get another F90 though.

Ebb and flow. I love this direction and can't wait for the next generation when they pull things back a little.

Last edited by OSee; 04-30-2022 at 12:41 PM..
Appreciate 3
02M3ForMe4257.00
COChris888.50
      04-30-2022, 01:43 PM   #79
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I believe you

Good or not ⁉️
      04-30-2022, 01:46 PM   #80
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I believe you

Good or not ⁉️
Definitely good 👍🏽 looks like a monster in car form
      04-30-2022, 01:50 PM   #81
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I believe you

Good or not ⁉️
I am waiting in suspense

I am still in love w my OG
      04-30-2022, 01:55 PM   #82
Project_F87
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I believe you

Good or not ⁉️
I am waiting in suspense

The F87 will always keep that luster! Are you going to add a G87 to your fleet or trade for it?
      04-30-2022, 02:03 PM   #83
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I believe you

Good or not ⁉️
I am waiting in suspense

The F87 will always keep that luster! Are you going to add a G87 to your fleet or trade for it?
I'll have to see the car first
Car purchases are very emotional for me
I am not impulsive
      04-30-2022, 02:07 PM   #84
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Curious to see if those blue brakes are an option in the USA market. Or maybe they are simply place-holders for something different.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 02:59 PM   #85
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3RDSECTOR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02M3ForMe View Post
Looks like another winner. G42 blows away the F22; looking forward to seeing how BMW M tops the F87.

Quote:
Yeah, what a travesty.

Credits jmg
(Throws up)
Lol

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 2
Game7375.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
      04-30-2022, 04:58 PM   #86
bunker
BVARIAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
They should've assembled this in Germany.

I'm not against buying a Mexico made car, but I'd be wary until they can establish a history of quality control.

It also dilutes the M brand a bit, even more so now that bmw is sticking the M badge on anything and everything.

By the same rationale, I'd look much more favorably on a Japanese sports car built in a Japanese factory (e.g GR Corolla).
I know it’s early, but my M240xi is the best BMW I’ve ever owned. Taut, nimble, and the build quality is exceptional. This has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums, but the plant in Mexico is BMW’s newest and is state of the art. Plus I didn’t have to wait for the thing to get across and ocean on a boat.
Appreciate 4
JustinHEMI7441.00
jmg18658.50
02M3ForMe4257.00
      04-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #87
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker View Post
I know it’s early, but my M240xi is the best BMW I’ve ever owned. Taut, nimble, and the build quality is exceptional. This has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums, but the plant in Mexico is BMW’s newest and is state of the art. Plus I didn’t have to wait for the thing to get across and ocean on a boat.
You sort of did. It goes through the gulf and then up the east coast through the Atlantic. BUT, it is still quicker than a German built car.

Congrats on the M240. Awesome car.
      05-01-2022, 12:02 AM   #88
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3less View Post
About the same as the F87 M2C +/- depending on equipment.
Appreciate 1
Game7375.50