12-16-2022, 10:04 AM   #155
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIERsr View Post
Please go and see TR in person, otherwise it will be a huge disappointment when you'll see your new faded red car.
It is a completely different red from the beautiful one seen in these pics, Bmw is running a scam by showing these photos on its official channels.
How many times have we been over the fact that TR changes significantly under different lighting? The photos are 100% accurate in that lighting. In bright sun there will be an orange hue but I would argue that's the best light for this color as it totally pops like few reds can. If you absolutely loathe any degree of orange then yes this isn't the color for you but if you like a red that can look dark red in dark settings and pop bright in the sun then you will be extremely happy with this color. I got way more paint complements of my TR X3M than I ever received from my LBB M2. In fact the only other vehicle I have owned that got more paint comments was my Grabber Blue Mustang in the day.
Appreciate 5
Tag18159.50
aerobod3625.50
DSTR1241.00
      12-16-2022, 10:48 AM   #156
aerobod
Car Geek
Rep
Drives: Caterham R500, M2-G87, Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
How many times have we been over the fact that TR changes significantly under different lighting? The photos are 100% accurate in that lighting. In bright sun there will be an orange hue but I would argue that's the best light for this color as it totally pops like few reds can. If you absolutely loathe any degree of orange then yes this isn't the color for you but if you like a red that can look dark red in dark settings and pop bright in the sun then you will be extremely happy with this color. I got way more paint complements of my TR X3M than I ever received from my LBB M2. In fact the only other vehicle I have owned that got more paint comments was my Grabber Blue Mustang in the day.
I totally agree with you, although I haven't managed to view a vehicle in TR, I have taken the dealer metal display sample and looked at in various light conditions. As a colour it varies more than any other standard metallic I have seen, but I see that as a benefit. Different hues of slightly orange-red through deep bright red to slightly brown-red, depending on the lighting. This variance in colour convinced us (my wife likes orange hues) to specify TR over BG or any of the other colours offered.
Appreciate 1
heavyD^23688.50
      12-16-2022, 10:54 AM   #157
DSTR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M240iX / 23 M2 Tor-Red

Quote:
Fully agree. Black is ok and white but grey and ZB lol.........total no. Horrible colors. Who wants a car like a ugly freighter in port. Grey. The ZB is bizarro. Just a useless color.

The red thankfully brings the shape to life. It has life. Its a sportscar. Red is perfect!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 11:10 AM   #158
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
I really don't understand how anyone can take the choice of car color so personally or even worse wish for compliments from others.
Having seen the TR in person many times and having some experience with photo retouching, I can say with sufficient certainty that the latest photos of the TR M2 have been heavily edited, as have 99.9% of the photos on the official channels/websites. But retouching has a MUCH greater impact on a red car than on a white or black one, that's why the TR will hardly look as good as in the latest photos, most of the time it will appear faded/orangish. I really like it in photos, but in person there has never been a light condition in which I liked it, and it wouldn't be nice to buy a car in one color and then find it in another, that's all.
That said, I will finally see the M2 in person tomorrow, hoping it will be ZB just to be 100% sure that it is not the color for me, since I have already seen all the other ones.
Unfortunately, the poor color choice (both exterior and interior) is a serious problem.
Appreciate 1
zero213253.00
      12-16-2022, 11:13 AM   #159
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyhank82 View Post
You nudge me towards AW just a little bit more every time you state this obvious fact, not sure if my TR/Cognac selection can survive much longer
I am sticking with TR. There are plenty of boring white and black cars on the roads. I do not want to add to it.

I mean no offense to those planning to order AW or BSM or currently own a black and white auto. I currently have an Alpine White demo myself.
Appreciate 5
      12-16-2022, 11:23 AM   #160
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
I am sticking with TR. There are plenty of boring white and black cars on the roads.
My wife told me the same thing after seeing that TR X3M Comp the other morning. TR definitely stands out unlike a white or black car...
zero213253.00
      12-16-2022, 11:27 AM   #161
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
My wife told me the same thing after seeing that TR X3M Comp the other morning. TR definitely stands out unlike a white or black car...
These days I much prefer to standout versus blending in. I have spent much of my life blending in or following what was trendy. No more!
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2022, 11:29 AM   #162
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
I really don't understand how anyone can take the choice of car color so personally or even worse wish for compliments from others.
Having seen the TR in person many times and having some experience with photo retouching, I can say with sufficient certainty that the latest photos of the TR M2 have been heavily edited, as have 99.9% of the photos on the official channels/websites. But retouching has a MUCH greater impact on a red car than on a white or black one, that's why the TR will hardly look as good as in the latest photos, most of the time it will appear faded/orangish. I really like it in photos, but in person there has never been a light condition in which I liked it, and it wouldn't be nice to buy a car in one color and then find it in another, that's all.
That said, I will finally see the M2 in person tomorrow, hoping it will be ZB just to be 100% sure that it is not the color for me, since I have already seen all the other ones.
Unfortunately, the poor color choice (both exterior and interior) is a serious problem.
It is you that seems to be taking this personally. You don't like the color and keep pushing this narrative that the color choices are poor because you don't like them. This is a serious problem for you not others who may have different tastes. Also LOL at the comment about wishing for compliments from others. Since when is positive feedback from others about your car considered a bad thing?
Appreciate 3
JustinHEMI7445.00
Tag18159.50
D22M21373.50
      12-16-2022, 11:38 AM   #163
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
It is you that seems to be taking this personally. You don't like the color and keep pushing this narrative that the color choices are poor because you don't like them. This is a serious problem for you not others who may have different tastes. Also LOL at the comment about wishing for compliments from others. Since when is positive feedback from others about your car considered a bad thing?
I didn't understand what that was meant to infer either, but it did come across as disrespectful. Gave you another like as my way of 'complimenting' you further.
Appreciate 1
heavyD^23688.50
      12-16-2022, 11:38 AM   #164
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I only warn those who have not seen the colour in person to avoid nasty surprises.
As for the last sentence... well, it's just a matter of (lack of) self-confidence
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 02:54 PM   #165
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
You are definitely correct in that most pictures of TR make it almost look like Imola when in fact it is definitely an orangey red in person.I actually like the color but my biggest issue after owning a red car once is that the color annoyed me after a few months.It’s just to much of looking at a bright red car everyday.I just couldn’t do that again.I never get tired of looking at a blue car color that i like.

I think this pic i took of an X5M at the M event is closer to what the color really looks like but i agree that anyone considering ordering it should see it in person first.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
VIERsr2623.00
      12-16-2022, 02:54 PM   #166
D22M2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Not a real M Car

I saw a TR X5M at my dealer last week - it’s an awesome color !
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #167
moodyhank82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 45e & G87 6MT

I think a bold color like TR does not work well in a large vehicle like the G05 but it actually suits a smaller car like the G87.
      12-16-2022, 04:17 PM   #168
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SW19 View Post
You are definitely correct in that most pictures of TR make it almost look like Imola when in fact it is definitely an orangey red in person.I actually like the color but my biggest issue after owning a red car once is that the color annoyed me after a few months.It’s just to much of looking at a bright red car everyday.I just couldn’t do that again.I never get tired of looking at a blue car color that i like.

I think this pic i took of an X5M at the M event is closer to what the color really looks like but i agree that anyone considering ordering it should see it in person first.
Finally, an intelligent post.
It's not about nice or ugly, because tastes are absolutely personal, or seeking people's approval, but just describing the facts (the colours, in this case) for what they are.
This X5 shows how the TR looks like in most situations, the M2 seen so far does not, that's all.
If you buy a TR M2 based on the photos shown so far by BMW you risk being disappointed when you’ll see your car in person, and it might not be nice.
Quote:
I think a bold color like TR does not work well in a large vehicle like the G05 but it actually suits a smaller car like the G87.
This is also true and TR on the M2 might be interesting (need to see in person), not all colours suits all cars.
BG on the G42 looks great, on the X3 not that much, VO was perfect on the 1M, but horrible on the X1, HS was great on the M2, but really boring on the M8, same as IOMG which is amazing on the G80/2 but definitely “too much” on the M8. At least for my tastes, of course.

Last edited by VIERsr; 12-16-2022 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
SW192457.50
      12-16-2022, 05:07 PM   #169
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
If you buy a TR M2 based on the photos shown so far by BMW you risk being disappointed when you’ll see your car in person, and it might not be nice.
I hate to tell you, but the exact same can be said for ZB and BG. Do your homework folks!

As aforementioned, the only two colors that you are guaranteed of knowing what you are going to get, sight unseen, is with AW and BSM.

Last edited by T_U_D; 12-16-2022 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 2
SW192457.50
Tag18159.50
      12-16-2022, 05:10 PM   #170
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
I hate to tell you, but the exact same can be said for ZB and BG. Do your homework folks!
Only so much you can do if you haven’t seen any in person.
And then you have to see it in different lighting.
What color are you going with?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 05:23 PM   #171
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
Only so much you can do if you haven’t seen any in person.
And then you have to see it in different lighting.
What color are you going with?

Currently my build is a TR. Generally I see four of the five colors offered on a daily basis. Obviously ZB would be the one excluded, but I have seen it in person and at length in direct sunlight and shaded.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 05:43 PM   #172
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Currently my build is a TR. Generally I see four of the five colors offered on a daily basis. Obviously ZB would be the one excluded, but I have seen it in person and at length in direct sunlight and shaded.
Yeah you’re in a very unique situation. We are at the mercy of recording device settings then editing on the proxy rts screen then possibly app and browser colors the your devices.
I think I've seen a BG and SBM on person on a BMW but not the others. Hopefully I can see some locally
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 06:26 PM   #173
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah you’re in a very unique situation. We are at the mercy of recording device settings then editing on the proxy rts screen then possibly app and browser colors the your devices.
I think I've seen a BG and SBM on person on a BMW but not the others. Hopefully I can see some locally
BMW of Nashville should have three of the five in their inventory. BG, AW, and BSM. TR will be hit or miss and ZB more than likely will not be on-site until the launch in April.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2022, 06:45 PM   #174
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
BMW of Nashville should have three of the five in their inventory. BG, AW, and BSM. TR will be hit or miss and ZB more than likely will not be on-site until the launch in April.
I'll go kick tires one day after work next week as I'm right in Brentwood
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2022, 06:53 PM   #175
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'll go kick tires one day after work next week as I'm right in Brentwood

I just checked their inventory. They have three BG X3s. Zero in TR new or preowned. Plenty of new models in AW and BSM.

Last edited by T_U_D; 12-18-2022 at 09:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2022, 08:23 PM   #176
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Appreciate 0