BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) Regional Forums USA - Great Lakes

04-29-2024, 11:50 AM   #67
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Current: VW R32, GTI

[QUOTE=JMcLellan;31110520]Well you're welcome as I was on their list and backed out last July when they called saying it was go-time . I of course have since changed my mind but I wasn't ready last summer.

Haha, thanks!
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2070.50
      04-29-2024, 09:10 PM   #68
ITSMYFALLT
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

Oh boy did i miss out on a lot, I feel like at this point there needs to be a discord or a group chat or something.

with my old POS 135 I have had several poor interactions with Minnetonka BMW, although that really seemed to come down to the service advisor, some are really awful. Its unfortunate because I have seen it from the top down at the corporate level and the are wonderful. The interactions with the S.A's are what swayed me to go to Motorwerks

I haven't had any issues with Motorwerks so far, that being said, my tire shop did rip the sidewalls of both of my rear tires getting them off last fall. Apparently the star series PS4S's are very stiff, especially when new and doubly when cold and can rip/have sidewall damage if they are removed. My tire shop did right by me and didn't charge me for their mistake. So far my S.A at Motorwerks has been Andy and he has been really good to work with, my recent issue is goo buildup on the inside of the windows from the rails, they fixed it once and it appears to have gotten worse. But they did re-align my car i think 3 times to try to get the weird pull to the right that all the new M2's seem to have.

I can absolutely recommend the services of Eurocharged. They did great work on my RS3 and I actually ended up cruising out and hanging out with them at the Rock Falls drag racing event last summer. They misquoted my Haldex controller install a couple years ago and stood by what they told me before I brought it in. Alex has been the guy I've coordinated the most in the past, AJ is one of the owners, they are wonderfully nice people. Ratified and I got off to a rough start, but Rat has been pretty great since, definitely going above and beyond what he's needed to.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 09:44 PM   #69
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endz24 View Post
The guy from Imola said it was leaking air when mounted on the new wheels so I had no choice but to buy *another* brand new tire.

Which is odd, because, again, Motorwerks was the last place to touch the tire in the fall.
That sucks. I’m usually one to give the benefit of the doubt, but given their lack of caring/response….

I hope they can resolve this in a way that’s satisfactory to you.

Uggg. I hate starting all over. I had such a good relationship with my service advisor at Westside. I trusted him and the dealership to do the right thing if something did go sideways. It also didn’t hurt that he gave me parts at cost and 90% of the time gave me labor discounts.

Rebuilding that trust with a new brand is daunting. Especially a brand that seems to be more focused on leases and getting new customers vs focusing on existing customers that would be brand loyal if treated well.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2024, 09:49 PM   #70
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMYFALLT View Post
Oh boy did i miss out on a lot, I feel like at this point there needs to be a discord or a group chat or something.

with my old POS 135 I have had several poor interactions with Minnetonka BMW, although that really seemed to come down to the service advisor, some are really awful. Its unfortunate because I have seen it from the top down at the corporate level and the are wonderful. The interactions with the S.A's are what swayed me to go to Motorwerks

I haven't had any issues with Motorwerks so far, that being said, my tire shop did rip the sidewalls of both of my rear tires getting them off last fall. Apparently the star series PS4S's are very stiff, especially when new and doubly when cold and can rip/have sidewall damage if they are removed. My tire shop did right by me and didn't charge me for their mistake. So far my S.A at Motorwerks has been Andy and he has been really good to work with, my recent issue is goo buildup on the inside of the windows from the rails, they fixed it once and it appears to have gotten worse. But they did re-align my car i think 3 times to try to get the weird pull to the right that all the new M2's seem to have.

I can absolutely recommend the services of Eurocharged. They did great work on my RS3 and I actually ended up cruising out and hanging out with them at the Rock Falls drag racing event last summer. They misquoted my Haldex controller install a couple years ago and stood by what they told me before I brought it in. Alex has been the guy I've coordinated the most in the past, AJ is one of the owners, they are [...]
That’s great to hear about Eurocharged. I will have them swap out my pads and do my midpipe once I decide on which one I want. They all seemed great and gave me a recommended SA at Minnetonka, but apparently that SA has recently left.

I will have to see how tomorrow goes as far as MW vs MT is concerned. MW is close to my office and MT is close to home, so in the long run both would be fine options.

Your friend recommended Ratified as well, good to hear there are some great options for aftermarket and maintenance work once the warranty and free maintenance time periods come to an end.

I would be down for a group text chat for sure.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:04 AM   #71
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

I'm down for a group text too. My number is 763-226-6739. My name is Joe.
      Yesterday, 09:17 AM   #72
Endz24
Rep
Drives: '24 BSM M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSMYFALLT View Post

I can absolutely recommend the services of Eurocharged. They did great work on my RS3 and I actually ended up cruising out and hanging out with them at the Rock Falls drag racing event last summer. They misquoted my Haldex controller install a couple years ago and stood by what they told me before I brought it in. Alex has been the guy I've coordinated the most in the past, AJ is one of the owners, they are wonderfully nice people. Ratified and I got off to a rough start, but Rat has been pretty great since, definitely going above and beyond what he's needed to.
What you're saying about the sidewall damage when removing the tires makes sense, since there was no bulge when I had Motorwerks remove the tires, and then it appeared when trying to remount them.

Just to close the circle on my earlier rants, the GM did finally get back to me. He said he had inadvertently deleted my first email. Nothing was really addressed, but he did offer to reimburse me for the tire that I had Imola replace, as well as some cash for the labor involved. So kudos to him for remedying the issue.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan2070.50
      Yesterday, 04:55 PM   #73
NoMoreVW
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endz24 View Post
What you're saying about the sidewall damage when removing the tires makes sense, since there was no bulge when I had Motorwerks remove the tires, and then it appeared when trying to remount them.

Just to close the circle on my earlier rants, the GM did finally get back to me. He said he had inadvertently deleted my first email. Nothing was really addressed, but he did offer to reimburse me for the tire that I had Imola replace, as well as some cash for the labor involved. So kudos to him for remedying the issue.
That’s great that he reached out and made some steps to satisfy the situation.

Completed the break in service at Minnetonka. It was….fine. Ran into my SA who proceeded to run the back of his fingers on my paint and said “yep, you can feel the ceramic coating” after I told him I had it coated. Luckily he ran his fingers over the PPF vs the non PPF paint.

He asked what else I had planned and I mentioned the new brake pads; he seems to be both personally offended that I would be switching pads while conversely confused about the amount of dust the OEM pads produce. “You’d think BMW would have changed that by now” he says….lol.

They also didn’t install the March update to IDrive (which I discovered after I left). Oh well.

I really want to drive it tomorrow, but will probably be lazy and drive the beater in case I go to the show on Saturday.
Appreciate 0