E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Not hitting boost target. MHD log help

Yesterday, 10:07 PM   #1
bL79
Rep
Drives: E84 X1 35 /// E36 M3 (RIP)

Not hitting boost target. MHD log help

Ok just got a 2015 E84 X1 35i. N55 with PWG I'm pretty sure. ~117,000 mi

Installed the Evolution Racewerks CP and VRSF 7.5HD FMIC over the weekend.

Have the car on XHP (stg3) and MHD (stg 2) OTS tunes.

Filled up with some ethanol to make ~E30 today and try the Stage 2 MHD E30 maps. Also decided it was probably a good idea to look at logs finally. I did a quick before and after but realized I'm far short of boost targets.

What's curious to me is the WGDC doesn't seem to much exceed 50%. If I had a boost leak shouldnt I expect the WG and thus turbos to be commanded to near max?

After some reading and inspection I'm pretty suspicious of the boost solenoid vacuum system. I can pretty easily crush the fabric covered line with my fingers. Could that cause the issues seen? I can see the boost solenoid installed is Pierberg, were they OE or does that indicate it was replaced at some point?

https://datazap.me/u/bl79/x1?log=0&data=3-4-14-19

Last edited by bL79; Yesterday at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0