BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-27-2024, 12:48 PM   #23
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole228 View Post
Hhhhmmm, my dealership would not replace them and indicated "SIB 63 05 16 explains some fogging will be normal depending on environment conditions as headlights are designed to vent. No repairs needed." I'm not sure what some fogging means, but this isn't acceptable for a "luxury" vehicle.
Did they give you a time frame? In other words do they mention if it's only fogged up for a day or two, and then goes away. I mean that would be acceptable. But if your headlight stays fogged up for several days, there's no way that could be considered acceptable by BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 01:23 PM   #24
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

If the headlights are designed to collect water and they can produce that documentation, only then do they have an argument. I would not accept it.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 10:11 AM   #25
DredsBMW
Registered
Rep
Drives: M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole228 View Post
Hhhhmmm, my dealership would not replace them and indicated "SIB 63 05 16 explains some fogging will be normal depending on environment conditions as headlights are designed to vent. No repairs needed." I'm not sure what some fogging means, but this isn't acceptable for a "luxury" vehicle.
I had both of mine replaced on Monday. They did a pressure check on the lights before ordering two new units. Perhaps you could get them to do the test and this would then force their arm.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 10:34 AM   #26
ninja_geezer
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i G42

I just had a chat with an aftersales manager at my local dealer ...on the phone for about 20 mins ,tbh I did not like his attitude ,he tried to poo poo the internet forums so I told him I did not like his tone .
he said he had worked for BMW for 6 years and had replaced numerous headlamps in that time and never had a single one back that had been done ,he also stated he had replaced 3 this year already ,only one of those was a 2 series. I mentioned that some people had up to 3 sets replaced and he said its not possible !! I asked why that was ....he said about the cost to that I replied if the issue is not fixed then people within the warranty period can keep requesting components until the issue is fixed ,,,,,,tbh he was a right **** .he then asked would you like to book the car in for the headlamps to be dried out to which I replied no thank you I have my own hairdryer than I can use .....if its not better when and if the warm weather gets here I will let the cocky manager replace them .
as you can probably gather this manger really pissed me off....he basically made out that everyone on the forums makes things up and he knew better and that headlamps in cars in other countries are different .blah blah blah ....i said yes the difference being is left and right hand drive
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 10:44 AM   #27
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

I really feel for those of you that live in moist climates, and places that see a lot of rain and other inclement type weather.

It's a shame that some of you are having to fight with your dealerships. And then some dealerships are doing things differently than the others. So not sure exactly how one dealership will replace the headlights, and the other dealership will fight you on it. If the orders are coming straight from BMW
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 04:24 PM   #28
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Garage List
I ran into the problem of the condensation freezing during the winter months here in Michigan which was less than ideal. I am happy to say since the replacement I have not had any issues.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2024, 09:47 PM   #29
jpf340
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

I知 afraid I have the same issue in my passenger side. Driver side has zero condensation. I知 concerned about having it replaced if others are having to have it replaced multiple times. Would be great to know when BMW confirms a more permanent fix for this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 05:50 AM   #30
Invisiblename
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf340 View Post
I知 afraid I have the same issue in my passenger side. Driver side has zero condensation. I知 concerned about having it replaced if others are having to have it replaced multiple times. Would be great to know when BMW confirms a more permanent fix for this.
Make sure you approach BMW while your car is still well inside it痴 warranty period!
      04-01-2024, 10:51 AM   #31
KJ10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpf340 View Post
I have had one headlight replaced and have had no issues since. Not saying others haven't just sharing my experience.
Appreciate 1
jpf3409.00