01-13-2022, 05:17 PM   #23
M_85
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by atenzany62 View Post
check out slybrackets, I have one on my car and works great. I center mounted it on the lower grille. My car does not have the adaptive radar option. You can also offset it to the side, it's adjustable in many ways. I fiddled with it for about an hour trying to get the perfect position and setting. I had to get the separate leveler from them later on, so the plate sits straight and flush with the bumper.

I just placed an order for this as well with the leveler. Seems like an easy install. How easy were you able to center it?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 07:17 PM   #24
atenzany62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

to get it centered it took me a while, the install itself is very simple but I had to keep taking it off because I didn't like the position it was in. Taking it on and off took me like an hour or so
      01-15-2022, 06:22 AM   #25
M_85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
to get it centered it took me a while, the install itself is very simple but I had to keep taking it off because I didn't like the position it was in. Taking it on and off took me like an hour or so
Gotcha bro… honestly imma just put my plate to the right. I've been driving almost 3 months without a front plate lol. I'm happy you found a solution as it will help a lot of us here in NY and other states that require a front plate.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:59 PM   #26
M_85
Private
United_States
Rep

I received my sly bracket license plate holder today. I placed mine to the right on the lower grille. No issues with the install and the leveler I purchased from them. No sensors blocked as well. Overall a great product and it's secured tightly as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-17-2022, 07:46 PM   #27
SN1P3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Sly seems like a solid option. Will prob go with them as well
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 09:40 AM   #28
Niko ZV
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 Bmw M3  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Accidentally posted this question in another thread, but thanks for the input! Looks good. No issues with PDC?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 09:46 AM   #29
Niko ZV
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2015 Bmw M3  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Do you have the link to buy this for the g42 by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 10:03 AM   #30
SWOHammer
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i (SOOOOOON!!!)

Trying to order the Slybracket plate mount but I don't have the car to check, and I think the answer is "no" but can someone please confirm?

"VERY IMPORTANT: Are there ACTIVE GRILLE SHUTTERS between the LOWER GRILLE and Radiator? (see TIPS and FAQ's on how to check)

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. (This means you physically checked behind the LOWER GRILLE and your vehicle does NOT have the SHUTTERS)

YES. I MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM MOUNT. (No extra charge. See TIPS and FAQ's on how to measure)"

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #31
atenzany62
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHammer View Post
Trying to order the Slybracket plate mount but I don't have the car to check, and I think the answer is "no" but can someone please confirm?

"VERY IMPORTANT: Are there ACTIVE GRILLE SHUTTERS between the LOWER GRILLE and Radiator? (see TIPS and FAQ's on how to check)

NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. (This means you physically checked behind the LOWER GRILLE and your vehicle does NOT have the SHUTTERS)

YES. I MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM MOUNT. (No extra charge. See TIPS and FAQ's on how to measure)"

Thanks!
The G42 don't have lower grille shutters(From what I see lol, there is nothing behind our lower grille that closes and opens like the main kidney grille). You can text or call their number. I texted their number and someone replied super quick and helped me out with the dimensions. This is the exact set up I ordered. The guy said someone before ordered one for the same car and they put Yes to that question and measured 3.5 inches.

No the bracket do not interfere with the parking sensors at all.

"YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL OF VEHICLE: 2022 BMW M240i

REMINDER: THIS BRACKET IS FOR VEHICLES WITH HORIZONTAL OR VERTICAL SLATS LOWER GRILLE.: MY LOWER GRILLE meets the GRILLE SIZE REQUIREMENTS (Inquire with Sly Brackets if Unsure).

SENSOR: MOUNT BRACKET OFF-CENTER IF LOWER GRILLE HAS A CENTER SENSOR.: GOT IT!

VERY IMPORTANT: Are there ACTIVE GRILLE SHUTTERS between the LOWER GRILLE and Radiator? (see TIPS and FAQ's on how to check): YES. I MIGHT NEED A CUSTOM MOUNT. (No extra charge. See TIPS and FAQ's on how to measure)

If YES, enter measurements Here (Measure from front edge of grille to front edge of open active grille shutters): 3 1/2"

Preferred License Plate Holder (Either one will work): 4-SCREW HOLDER (LOOKS AND FEELS MORE SECURE. BEST FOR LICENSE PLATE AND FRAME)- U.S. AND CANADA COMPATIBLE. Not EURO Plate Compatible.

Preferred License Plate Screws (Stainless Steel): BLACK FINISH PHILLIPS"
Ruebarb375.00
      01-23-2022, 07:17 AM   #32
M_85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolai Roskov View Post
Accidentally posted this question in another thread, but thanks for the input! Looks good. No issues with PDC?
This was the one I purchased. When I texted the phone number, they confirmed that this will fit my lower grille. I have no issues with the sensors going off. Also, you should purchase the leveler as well to angle your plate straight or down if you want, your preference. Install was simple and I've had it on for a week. Driving over 100mph to test it's strength , it withstands the winds and stays in its current upright position. It's a solid option in my opinion.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ruebarb375.00
      01-23-2022, 09:18 AM   #33
Niko ZV
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2015 Bmw M3  [0.00]
2001 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_85 View Post
Quote:
This was the one I purchased. When I texted the phone number, they confirmed that this will fit my lower grille. I have no issues with the sensors going off. Also, you should purchase the leveler as well to angle your plate straight or down if you want, your preference. Install was simple and I've had it on for a week. Driving over 100mph to test it's strength , it withstands the winds and stays in its current upright position. It's a solid option in my opinion.
Thanks for the help/info!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 05:31 PM   #34
M_85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the help/info!
Anytime brotha 💪🏽💪🏽
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 10:22 AM   #35
tubingchamp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2

https://eosplates.com/products/20-22...-mount-bracket

This one looks kind of promising too.... But out of stock!
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 10:08 AM   #36
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Quote:
check out slybrackets, I have one on my car and works great. I center mounted it on the lower grille. My car does not have the adaptive radar option. You can also offset it to the side, it's adjustable in many ways. I fiddled with it for about an hour trying to get the perfect position and setting. I had to get the separate leveler from them later on, so the plate sits straight and flush with the bumper.
Quote:
I received my sly bracket license plate holder today. I placed mine to the right on the lower grille. No issues with the install and the leveler I purchased from them. No sensors blocked as well. Overall a great product and it's secured tightly as well.

I need to pre assmble my plate holder, as I have to bring it to the dealer and install there. I can't get my car inspected without the front plate.

Which of the spacers did you need?
Which of the mounting holes did you use for the slider? I numbered them on the pic 1-6.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 12:26 PM   #37
M_85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I need to pre assmble my plate holder, as I have to bring it to the dealer and install there. I can't get my car inspected without the front plate.

Which of the spacers did you need?
Which of the mounting holes did you use for the slider? I numbered them on the pic 1-6.

Thanks
For the mounting holes, I used #2 and 3 for the slider. Also, I only used one spacer with the leveler to make sure my plate was straight. I do know that with the bracket, you can flip the plate to sit higher or lower so I made sure that the plate was sitting lower. When you connect the the first bracket to the actual license plate frame, you can adjust the height of your plate by flipping it to the lowest setting. I hope I make sense bro.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Ruebarb375.00
      01-29-2022, 01:27 PM   #38
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Quote:
For the mounting holes, I used #2 and 3 for the slider. Also, I only used one spacer with the leveler to make sure my plate was straight. I do know that with the bracket, you can flip the plate to sit higher or lower so I made sure that the plate was sitting lower. When you connect the the first bracket to the actual license plate frame, you can adjust the height of your plate by flipping it to the lowest setting. I hope I make sense bro.
Thanks, do you recall if it was the long or short spacer?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2022, 01:30 PM   #39
M_85
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
Quote:
Thanks, do you recall if it was the long or short spacer?
It was the long spacer.
Appreciate 1
Ruebarb375.00
      02-03-2022, 09:23 AM   #40
kel445
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

On my sale invoice I'm charged $35 for a state inspection of my new M240xi when it arrives. In Massachusetts , one cannot pass inspection without a mounted front number plate. As such, how is my dealer going to issue me a sticker if I do not have a proper mount for the front plate? I find it hard to believe that BMW does not provide a proper front mount for their vehicles. Evidently, 60K purchase price isn't enough for that necessity and no options are offered for purchasing a mount thru BMW.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 09:50 AM   #41
Vudumonkey25
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i x Mercedes CLS550

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel445 View Post
On my sale invoice I'm charged $35 for a state inspection of my new M240xi when it arrives. In Massachusetts , one cannot pass inspection without a mounted front number plate. As such, how is my dealer going to issue me a sticker if I do not have a proper mount for the front plate? I find it hard to believe that BMW does not provide a proper front mount for their vehicles. Evidently, 60K purchase price isn't enough for that necessity and no options are offered for purchasing a mount thru BMW.
The bumper is not drilled from the factory because different regions have different requirements. They do however supply a mount. Upon delivery they will drill your bumper and put the plate on un less you tell them otherwise.

Most of us just don't want the bumper drilled (if it's drilled can't go tow hook later with out leaving hiles behind) and will go an alternate route or run no plate

Last edited by Vudumonkey25; 02-03-2022 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 11:31 AM   #42
tubingchamp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87 M2

https://www.rho-plate.ca/products/bm...07c71e20&_ss=r

Found this one. It's local, so should arrive pretty quickly. Will let you guys know how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 01:04 PM   #43
jpcoop
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel445 View Post
They stick the mounting bracket in your trunk at the factory. Over a dozen states don't require a front plate at all, so they don't know if you need it.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2022, 04:05 PM   #44
kel445
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

I appreciate the info. I was not aware that a front bracket was supplied . While I don't like having the holes drilled, I do like the plate being centered on the front. If it gets drilled, so be it. But it better be level and centered perfectly. Thanks again for the replies.
Appreciate 0