BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-02-2024, 10:08 AM   #1
Evilmoretea
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series (G42)

Tyre pressure monitor after (wheel change)

Had my wheel removed for SMART repair to the alloy. Refitted and torqued up. Manual says after a wheel change to reset the tyre pressure monitor. But it’s same wheel and tyre so not sure if I should do this or not?

They deflated for the repair and then overinflated the tyre after they fixed the wheel so just about to let it back down by 4 PSI.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 09:39 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmoretea View Post
Had my wheel removed for SMART repair to the alloy. Refitted and torqued up. Manual says after a wheel change to reset the tyre pressure monitor. But it’s same wheel and tyre so not sure if I should do this or not?

They deflated for the repair and then overinflated the tyre after they fixed the wheel so just about to let it back down by 4 PSI.
Same tire and wheel and tire pressure sensor? I'd be reluctant to reset the tire pressure monitoring system.

At different times had both rear tires on my 2023 M2 repaired -- both tires had slow leaks. After did not reset the tire pressure monitoring system. Can't even recall having to fuss with getting the repaired tire pressure right.

But I checked the tire pressures to verify they were all good.

In your case you probably want to check tire pressures using a good tire pressure gauge after the car has sat overnight to make sure the tire pressures are correct for the temperature.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2024, 11:12 AM   #3
Ruebarb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i

Resetting is not big deal, need to drive for a few min after to recal, super simple, not worth contemplating over.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 06:17 AM   #4
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebarb View Post
Resetting is not big deal, need to drive for a few min after to recal, super simple, not worth contemplating over.
Simple yeah, but the few times I've reset the tire pressure monitor system it seems that's when traffic gets bad and it seems to take forever before the system completes the reset.
Appreciate 0