home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-14-2024, 02:56 PM   #1
akim89
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 m240i x-drive

Strange rattle noise at 1500rpm when decelerating low speeds

I've been noticing this strange rattle/vibration noise by the driver side B-pillar (I'm guessing) whenever I'm coming to a stop or accelerating from a stop. Only happens at around 1500 RPM at low speeds. It is super annoying and I can't seem to pin point exactly where it's coming from. Anyone having this issue or have any suggestions on how to fix it? I'll try to post a video when I can.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

Don't have the rattle you describe.

But I have noticed a bit more noise/rattling (of the mild type) recently.

I have not bothered to confirm this but with the onset of much colder weather -- some few months ago -- I inflated the tires some so that when the tires were stone cold they would not be underinflated.

When the weather was cold everything was fine.

But now with much warmer weather -- sometimes in the mid 70s! -- the noise/rattling is present. I observe the tire pressures and now they are clearly over inflated. Not over the max pressure allowed but maybe as much as 6psi over what they should be.

I'd adjust the tire pressures lower but we are in for another spell of cooler weather and I don't want to then face having to adjust the tire pressure to ensure adequate air pressure for when the temperatures go back up -- and stay up until October-ish when they drop again.

But as soon as the last of the cold weather is over and done with I'll adjust tire pressures for the new normal temperatures.

And see if the noises/rattles are affected.
Appreciate 0