home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-16-2024, 06:31 PM   #1
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Finally Got ASD Shut Off ............ It Was All A Lie

All those cool muscle car exotic sounds .... gone. They were all fake.

Which of course we all already knew this. But to the degree in which they added to the driving experience, was a bit surprising once they were completely turned off.

The most obvious ASD sounds - the loud thumps on Sport driving up-shifts. And the pops and bangs on Sports mode aggressive driving down-shifts, were no surprise.

But now the car is so much quieter. Even with the AA downpipe.

It did sound nice hearing just the raw sound of the engine and transmission for the first time. Still sounds beautiful.

I can't believe I'm saying this - but it looks like a catback is getting added to the mod list.

And by the way - using BimmerCode with the regular functions will not disable ASD , even though there is a selection to disable it.

To actually disabled ASD in BimmerCode:

Obviously connect to BimmerCode

Go to the 3-Series/M3 section

Select Receiver Audio Module RAM (Or something similar to that)

Once into the section, switch on Expert Mode

Find and select 3001_Audio and ASD

Starting from the top to the bottom of the list, click on everything that starts with "ASD" , and select "Inactive" (there are about 5 or so that start with ASD that you need to change from active to inactive)

Click save and/or apply changes, click back , then click Code.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 06:36 PM   #2
jayritchie
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240

I’ve had no issues disabling the ASD through the standard menus of Bimmercode. I have stock exhaust so I opted to keep ASD on, but disabled the pops and bangs. You can disable iconic sounds in idrive menus if you want it completely gone.

I can also disable ASS and no one else seems to be able to so maybe I’m just lucky 💁🏼‍♀️
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 06:48 PM   #3
VegasG42
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayritchie View Post
I’ve had no issues disabling the ASD through the standard menus of Bimmercode. I have stock exhaust so I opted to keep ASD on, but disabled the pops and bangs. You can disable iconic sounds in idrive menus if you want it completely gone.

I can also disable ASS and no one else seems to be able to so maybe I’m just lucky 💁🏼‍♀️
You have an Aussie spec car ? Perhaps your DCM/ECU software parameters are a bit different ?

When I disabled ASD in the regular 2-Series section , it had no effect whatsoever.
Appreciate 2
MPR1811.00
      03-16-2024, 09:03 PM   #4
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasG42 View Post
You have an Aussie spec car ? Perhaps your DCM/ECU software parameters are a bit different ?

When I disabled ASD in the regular 2-Series section , it had no effect whatsoever.
Agreed, I don’t think you have a magical car/bimmercode, ASS is just not enforced the same in Australia as it is in the US.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 10:30 PM   #5
jayritchie
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
Agreed, I don’t think you have a magical car/bimmercode, ASS is just not enforced the same in Australia as it is in the US.
Agreed on ASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasG42 View Post

It lists as a M3 setting so try log in using 3 series. See attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0