BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-16-2024, 11:04 PM   #1
AlexC2er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i RWD

Best places to mount tires near Boston/northern Boston

I just ordered a set of Apex forged VS-5RS Wheels. And I don’t trust places like tracks that won’t scratch these wheels. Trying to make them look flawless for as long as possible. They are coming in a week or so.
Anyone know anywhere around Boston, maybe a specialty wheel shop, that has nice machines and won’t scratch my wheels?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 12:49 PM   #2
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

I just had an apex that came with the unidirectional tire on backwards. A black wheel. I had the same concerns. I took it to the dealer since they SHOULD have good equipment and be used to handling nice wheels (with customers who’d lose their shit if they caused damage). They didn’t scratch it. It was the Sudbury dealership. Years ago I trusted a Monro tire center to mount tires from tire rack on bmw wheels and they didn’t damage anything. I would be careful going to a gas station though. I’d stick with someone who specializes in tires.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 01:22 PM   #3
AlexC2er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G42 M240i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzdan View Post
I just had an apex that came with the unidirectional tire on backwards. A black wheel. I had the same concerns. I took it to the dealer since they SHOULD have good equipment and be used to handling nice wheels (with customers who’d lose their shit if they caused damage). They didn’t scratch it. It was the Sudbury dealership. Years ago I trusted a Monro tire center to mount tires from tire rack on bmw wheels and they didn’t damage anything. I would be careful going to a gas station though. I’d stick with someone who specializes in tires.
They wouldn’t do it on mine since it’s aftermarket.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 02:21 PM   #4
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

Part of the reason I went to the dealer is, I have the tire/wheel protection package. I thought they’d do it for free. Lol nope. But it’s strange yours didn’t want to touch them. My dealer registered the wheels/tires in their system for coverage.
Appreciate 1
AlexC2er108.00
      03-19-2024, 08:21 PM   #5
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

Take it to East Side motoring in Waltham
Appreciate 0