F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
Studio RSR

03-20-2024, 01:29 PM   #12959
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i N26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnavarroc View Post
That’s a good point, would regret if I see it taking ages to start the screen.

I saw the Andream option, but there’s some others like the Road Top, which can be ordered to Amazon, but I think all those boxes are basically the same just rebranded.

Many Thanks!!! Really appreciated.
There is no primary brand for these MMI’s. Based on the first page information, these are made by one Chinese company and then purchased by various sellers and distributors.

One of these sellers/distributors is Andream, another is Road Top, Carlinkit, Bimmertech, a few in Europe as well, etc.

When you make a decision which one to purchase you need a seller/distributor that provides active and reliable follow-up support and firmware updates. In the $200-$300 price point, the only sellers/distributors in America that are worth to purchase from based on feedback on this forum: Andream and Road Top.
      03-20-2024, 01:39 PM   #12960
Dnavarroc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d (F11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe7565 View Post
There is no primary brand for these MMI’s. Based on the first page information, these are made by one Chinese company and then purchased by various sellers and distributors.

One of these sellers/distributors is Andream, another is Road Top, Carlinkit, Bimmertech, a few in Europe as well, etc.

When you make a decision which one to purchase you need a seller/distributor that provides active and reliable follow-up support and firmware updates. In the $200-$300 price point, the only sellers/distributors in America that are worth to purchase from based on feedback on this forum: Andream and Road Top.
Thanks!
Finally I’ve made a decision to Road Top, since it’s distributed by Amazon in my country, so It should be safer in terms of retuning policy and support.
I hope to have some time next week, Easter, and install it.

Thanks for the answers!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 06:29 PM   #12961
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
I went ahead and went with the Roadtop MMI unit.. it was 210$ compared to 245$ andream I figured its worth waiting the extra time from china but I just got a UPS tracking from New Jersey itll be west coast in 4/5 days.. Ive read up and down and side to side on the topic and Staying OEM might be a bit of headache but it looks like its worth it in the end... On another note on coding I ended up with the Veapeak unit on amazon for 20$ and spent the 49$ for the bimmercode app Full version.. I spent over an hour reading the ESYS instructions and relized that was way too much time and it was going to take more time so for 70$ Im happy It starts in ECO mode with the Auto start OFF. I honestly didnt even get past the 7zip part it wasnt extracting shit....
      03-20-2024, 06:33 PM   #12962
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD View Post
I went ahead and went with the Roadtop MMI unit.. it was 210$ compared to 245$ andream I figured its worth waiting the extra time from china but I just got a UPS tracking from New Jersey itll be west coast in 4/5 days.. Ive read up and down and side to side on the topic and Staying OEM might be a bit of headache but it looks like its worth it in the end... On another note on coding I ended up with the Veapeak unit on amazon for 20$ and spent the 49$ for the bimmercode app Full version.. I spent over an hour reading the ESYS instructions and relized that was way too much time and it was going to take more time so for 70$ Im happy It starts in ECO mode with the Auto start OFF. I honestly didnt even get past the 7zip part it wasnt extracting shit....
Glad things are coming together for you. It is definitely a learning curve with coding and the MMI too. But well worth it IMHO.
      03-20-2024, 06:44 PM   #12963
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
Glad things are coming together for you. It is definitely a learning curve with coding and the MMI too. But well worth it IMHO.
Oh ya.... If im getting all this though.. you went from CIC to NBTEVO 10" screen with a Full HU Swap im guessing? So Im guessing you Had HU_CIC if your in a 2012?
I did find a 8.8" screen that REALOEM says came on my year and model so I could try to just swap the screen and see if a basic coding works before I attempt the Full Swap to 10" if the Hu swap is necessary..
      03-20-2024, 06:49 PM   #12964
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh ya.... If im getting all this though.. you went from CIC to NBTEVO 10" screen with a Full HU Swap im guessing? So Im guessing you Had HU_CIC if your in a 2012?
I did find a 8.8" screen that REALOEM says came on my year and model so I could try to just swap the screen and see if a basic coding works before I attempt the Full Swap to 10" if the Hu swap is necessary..
I went from CIC HU with 6-pin single-din no Nav to NBT (not NBT EVO). Then I replaced the 6.5" screen with an OEM 10" screen from an F15 BMW. The CIC to NBT process is quite a bit involved, at least it was for me, had many moving pieces and dependencies.

Last edited by fe7565; 03-20-2024 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 07:08 PM   #12965
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
I went from CIC HU with 6-pin single-din no Nav to NBT (not NBT EVO). Then I replaced the 6.5" screen with an OEM 10" screen from an F15 BMW. The CIC to NBT process is quite a bit involved, at least it was for me, had many moving pieces and dependencies.

Quote:
YASBBYM3 made some very good points. Most of your options will depend on your own inclination to spend time learning coding and retrofitting parts, mostly by searching forums. Lots of time.
As a newbie, on my 2012 F30 I went from CIC HU/Entry with no Nav and 6.5" screen and 5-button iDrive controller to NBT HU prof nav, with 10.25" F15 screen and touch control with handwriting (which I never ever used). It was a weeks and months long project, including bottom-feeding on Ebay and Aliexpress for parts. Total about $500. $100 NBT HU; $200 F15 10.25" screen, 7-button idirve controller $50; NBT HU emulator $60; touch control ECU $30; cables/wiring $40. Doing it now, with all the parts already together, would take me about 1 day vs the weeks/months before.

There are DIYs' guides for almost everything, but you have to piece them together from various unrelated posts in several forums. So if you embark on the DIY path, do it because you enjoy it otherwise it will frustrate you and wish you would have just spent the (big) bucks instead.
Figured id add your post here for anyone else inquiring....

Also Did u ever plug an 8' screen into the CIC HU to see if it worked with the MMI? or just went direct to the NBT HU

Last edited by ADHD; 03-20-2024 at 07:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 07:28 PM   #12966
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did u ever try to put a oem 8" screen that came on your car? or just straight to the 10" so u had to do the HU swap?
I did the HU swap, because I did not have navigation. I did not know at that time that an MMI existed. I installed an Android 10" and after a week I had enough of the glare.

The F15 10" OEM screen was $220 on EBay and getting it for same cost or less than an 8" is a no brainer.

I wanted touch screen initially, but it requires a lot more hardware retrofit and not worth the marginal convenience. I installed a touch iDrive controller and it's useless (at least for an NBT setup). Also, easier to sit back and use the controller than to keep leaning forward messing with the touch screen. Maybe, if BMW would have located the screen closer to the seats.
      03-20-2024, 07:42 PM   #12967
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Quote:
I did the HU swap, because I did not have navigation. I did not know at that time that an MMI existed. I installed an Android 10" and after a week I had enough of the glare.

The F15 10" OEM screen was $220 on EBay and getting it for same cost or less than an 8" is a no brainer.

I wanted touch screen initially, but it requires a lot more hardware retrofit and not worth the marginal convenience. I installed a touch iDrive controller and it's useless (at least for an NBT setup). Also, easier to sit back and use the controller than to keep leaning forward messing with the touch screen. Maybe, if BMW would have located the screen closer to the seats.
Got it.. THank you for breaking that down.. Makes complete sense now..

I get that the 10' screen is same price im just really curious if thats where the HU Swap is necessary.. Considering my car came with a 8" screen on realoem u think its possible to just got to the 8" with minor coding?

And yes the touchscreen in my 540i is completly useless. we just use the controller as well.. I would luv to have same screen in the daily but looks like the 8" might be the first option. might be worth a 100$ gamble...
      03-20-2024, 08:03 PM   #12968
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got it.. THank you for breaking that down.. Makes complete sense now..

I get that the 10' screen is same price im just really curious if thats where the HU Swap is necessary.. Considering my car came with a 8" screen on realoem u think its possible to just got to the 8" with minor coding?

And yes the touchscreen in my 540i is completly useless. we just use the controller as well.. I would luv to have same screen in the daily but looks like the 8" might be the first option. might be worth a 100$ gamble...
I believe some of the CIC HUs are not able to support the higher resolution of the 8" screen (or higher). There are some transitional HU models between CCC and NBT. But worth to try coding first.
      03-22-2024, 06:40 AM   #12969
caliptr
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 G32 6GT

Hi everyone, I just installed the Roadtop MMI in my G32 and faced the problem of too short LVDS cable, as the end that goes to the screen shoud be connected to the MMI. I didn't found a solution online so I just decided to connect the cable in reverse, after altering the plug (cut off some plastic) it went in and it works just fine.

The box is awesome but the android auto is streched, the seller sugests to set the "carplay left and right scrap" but I have to set it all the way to the 60 which results in margins of app. 1cm on both sides of the screen. Is there a solution for this?

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 06:49 AM   #12970
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliptr View Post
Hi everyone, I just installed the Roadtop MMI in my G32 and faced the problem of too short LVDS cable, as the end that goes to the screen shoud be connected to the MMI. I didn't found a solution online so I just decided to connect the cable in reverse, after altering the plug (cut off some plastic) it went in and it works just fine.

The box is awesome but the android auto is streched, the seller sugests to set the "carplay left and right scrap" but I have to set it all the way to the 60 which results in margins of app. 1cm on both sides of the screen. Is there a solution for this?

I would check the android phone settings first. I have an iPhone so I don’t know the android version, but I know there are several layers of confusing menus.

Then check your OEM screen resolution settings with Bimmercode or ESys, etc.

What is your OEM screen size? What is your head unit?

The last resort should be the MMI screen cropping menu.

Hope somebody with an android phone can chime in.
      03-22-2024, 08:29 AM   #12971
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 (12/2018)

Quote:

If possible try carplay with iphone of friends if you not have and check if the view is "normal" and not streched.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 09:55 PM   #12972
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:

AFAIK, bimmertech's mmi is the only one that supports 10.2" screens.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 10:09 PM   #12973
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
AFAIK, bimmertech's mmi is the only one that supports 10.2" screens.
I have a 10.2" F15 OEM screen installed with my NBT, and using a Road Top MMI. Also used a Carlinkit MMI, no issues.. Never had a resolution issue.

Last edited by fe7565; 03-23-2024 at 10:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 12:35 PM   #12974
inigoale
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 328d 150cv lci

Hello, I have my mmi radtop installed and it works great, but the only thing is that the waze and whatsapp messages are very low, if I increase the volume, at the end of the notice or whatsapp message the music sounds very loud. How can it be adjusted? the volumes separately?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:47 PM   #12975
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inigoale View Post
Hello, I have my mmi radtop installed and it works great, but the only thing is that the waze and whatsapp messages are very low, if I increase the volume, at the end of the notice or whatsapp message the music sounds very loud. How can it be adjusted? the volumes separately?

If you using AUX, on MMI menu exist audio settings (general, music, navigation, voice (siri) . If you using fully bluetooth (phone and "music") it will not work to have different levels (as far as i know).
More infos about your system, firmware would help.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 04:02 PM   #12976
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Hi, does anyone have an issue with using the voice button on the steering wheel with Android Auto? It used to work fine for me if I held it down until the voice prompt in AA popped up but recently it pops up and before I have a chance to speak it beeps and goes away again. So instead I have to click the microphone symbol in AA.

I've got a pixel 7 and had the issue in my 5 series with a Carlinkit MMI and then now in my X5 with a DroidUk (Roadtop) box
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 05:43 PM   #12977
unsquashable
Registered
Chile
Rep
Drives: BMW´s X3 F25 & X3 G01 & F700GS

Smile

Quote:
None of the latest NBT and EVO MMIs from Andream and Road Top require AUX-IN anymore. Full bluetooth audio. Road Top's CIC is also bluetooth fully now, but not sure about Andream's CIC.
Hi, I am in a similar position as original post. Main difference my car is a 2019 X3 G01 NBT EVO, with OEM Car Play already active.

I intend on getting the latest MMI from Andream; can someone please clarify as to which software version, does not need AUX support for either calls or music, since my car is neither coded nor has an AUX port, only USB.

Since I am an Android user and my wife an Apple user. I would like to clarify a couple of details.

I would guess that if I do not link my wife´s Iphone to the MMI, she can still use seamlessly the OEM Car Play for that, while using the MMI for my Android device. (anyone with similar setup?)

I already have experience, with a Bimmertech MMI in my F25 with NBT, and both Car Play and Android Auto work wirelessly indistinctively of who is driving, but in that case all support is thru the MMI.

Help appreciated
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 06:31 PM   #12978
fe7565
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsquashable View Post
Hi, I am in a similar position as original post. Main difference my car is a 2019 X3 G01 NBT EVO, with OEM Car Play already active.

I intend on getting the latest MMI from Andream; can someone please clarify as to which software version, does not need AUX support for either calls or music, since my car is neither coded nor has an AUX port, only USB.

Since I am an Android user and my wife an Apple user. I would like to clarify a couple of details.

I would guess that if I do not link my wife´s Iphone to the MMI, she can still use seamlessly the OEM Car Play for that, while using the MMI for my Android device. (anyone with similar setup?)

I already have experience, with a Bimmertech MMI in my F25 with NBT, and both Car Play and Android Auto work wirelessly indistinctively of who is driving, but in that case all support is thru the MMI.

Help appreciated

Any newly bought Andream MMI should come with the latest firmware that does Bluetooth audio.

If you do not link your wife's phone to your MMI, she can use the OEM Carplay she already linked with.

Bimmertech's MMI is the same core hardware as Andream and Road Top.
      03-25-2024, 12:16 AM   #12979
kyoungyong park
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

It was ruined because I didn't update the firmware properly.

It was ruined because I didn't update the firmware properly.
The AliExpress seller has disappeared.
The original firmware is
SDK version: 25.0.0.7.0.0.2.0
CUST version: v3.5.0.6.gpe.b2
MCU version: 21.6.7.116
Hardware version: BMW_NBT2_1_G
It's like this.
If you have related firmware, please help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2024, 12:48 AM   #12980
hagncola
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post
Hi, does anyone have an issue with using the voice button on the steering wheel with Android Auto? It used to work fine for me if I held it down until the voice prompt in AA popped up but recently it pops up and before I have a chance to speak it beeps and goes away again. So instead I have to click the microphone symbol in AA.

I've got a pixel 7 and had the issue in my 5 series with a Carlinkit MMI and then now in my X5 with a DroidUk (Roadtop) box
How do you connect your phone Aux or full bluetooth ? Which system you are using ?
Appreciate 0