home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

11-24-2023, 11:37 AM   #1
CarlitoCLM2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Just Installed the Custom Unit 17 Carbon Front Splitter

To me, two things make for a great buying experience: Quality and service. Talking about the quality of the front splitter I bought from Unit 17 Autostyling for my G87 M2’s easy. The service? Well, that’s a longer story.

Let’s hit the easy part first. You’re probably not going to find a better splitter at the price point than the one Unit 17's created. In fact, it punches above its weight and even competes with more expensive splitters. The pre preg carbon is top shelf. The custom, one-piece design attaches perfectly to the bumper and leaves no gaps. Even the owner of the shop where I had the lip put on praised the quality, the fit and just how it easily it attached to the car using just the OEM rivets and fasteners. No extra holes were needed. Maybe you agree with me that the bumper on the stock G87 looks a little off, like something’s missing. This splitter absolutely finishes the look. The front of my car is so sexy now that I love looking back at it whenever I’m walking away.

Now, the service. The splitter was supposed to arrive from the UK to my home in Virginia in five business days. It took 2 ½ weeks. As you can imagine, it was pretty frustrating. When the lip didn’t arrive after the sixth business day, Unit 17 deeply apologized and escalated my concerns to a manager, who personally oversaw shipping a different splitter to me and monitored it until it was in my possession. Despite being five hours ahead of me, the manager stayed in almost constant communication, answering my questions and providing updates.

Of course, if given a choice, everyone would choose the happy path and have the deliveries they’re excited about arrive on time. And your delivery experience likely won’t be anything like mine. Odds are this was one of those things that just happen once in a blue moon. But this incident showed me a lot about the type of company Unit 17 is and the character of the people that work there. Unit 17 could’ve handled the situation in any number of uncaring ways. But the sincere regret expressed and the effort and professionalism shown while trying to make things right was honest and undeniable. I would definitely do business with them again and recommend them without hesitation.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      11-24-2023, 09:08 PM   #2
Squidget
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87, 2011 E90 335i

Nice. I absolutely agree that a good splitter really improves the look of the car. It's going to be the first cosmetic mod I do.
Appreciate 1
LCDRJohn607.50
      11-25-2023, 02:01 AM   #3
Searay55555
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is Convertible

Looks really good. Any pics of the wing on the side? How much $?
I’d love to do one but I don’t want to spend a fortune on one. I’m guaranteed to curb it.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2023, 07:50 PM   #4
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BWM G87

It did a search and it looks to be around 1300 ish so not a cheep option.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2023, 11:12 AM   #5
CarlitoCLM2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searay55555 View Post
Looks really good. Any pics of the wing on the side? How much $?
I’d love to do one but I don’t want to spend a fortune on one. I’m guaranteed to curb it.
Yeah about $1,300. Not cheap. But competitively priced relative to splitters I've seen from other companies. Here's a link to Unit 17's splitter:

https://unit17autostyling.com/produc...r-oem-fitment/
Attached Images

Last edited by CarlitoCLM2; 11-30-2023 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: Adding media
Appreciate 1