F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Still want an EV?
GetBMWParts

01-13-2024, 04:42 AM   #5853
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Green cult destroying farmland to reduce population – that’s what going “carbon zero” actually means
Dec 28, 2023
The climate cult has set its sights on arable farmland and the food supply at large, which they claim is overheating the planet because there are simply too many people eating.
"Wind generators or solar panels consume one-third of the farmland worldwide," writes Martin Armstrong for Armstrong Economic. "This is what has inspired this thinking that we MUST reduce the population.
The U.S. food system contributes nearly 20 percent of the nation's carbon dioxide emissions. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) says that agricultural land use contributes 12 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions.
https://www.newstarget.com/2023-12-2...rbon-zero.html

I post this to lead into what I feel is one of the most dangerous trends in our future.
Natural Asset Company Pending regulations (NACs)
In their own words: To address the large and complex challenges of climate change and the transition to a more sustainable economy, NYSE and Intrinsic Exchange Group (IEG) are pioneering a new class of listed company based on nature and the benefits that nature provides (termed ecosystem services). NACs will capture the intrinsic and productive value of nature and provide a store of value based on the vital assets that underpin our entire economy and make life on earth possible. Examples of natural assets that could benefit from the NAC structure include natural landscapes such as forests, wetlands and coral reefs, as well as working lands such as farms.

They profit from “ecological performance” such as “conservation, restoration, or sustainable management.” These NACs would quantify and monetize these natural outputs (such as air or water).

Traditional accounting standards would not be used to regulate NACs. Likely, this is because NACs would not withstand scrutiny under generally accepted accounting principles. Rather, a new accounting framework would be created by the Intrinsic Exchange Group (IEG). Not coincidentally, the NYSE is an investor in IEG, and would stand to profit off the IEG’s position as an accounting authority.
These efforts intentionally prioritize environmentalism over human flourishing. IEG admits that “producing these essential goods and services and managing resources wisely is as valuable, or perhaps even more valuable, than the food production.”

https://www.tsln.com/news/natural-as...-land-schemes/

This massive grift was being pushed through the SEC with a limited comment period before the Christmas holidays. This Monday will most likely be the creation of a new asset class. The rich will get richer and the poor will die. I have spent my non working hours the last month getting the word out on this but there is no political solution that will fix this as this is a regulatory end run on land use. Yes if you read any of this, federal land are included in this, a sovereign wealth fund from say Iran could lock up massive amounts of farm land owned by the bureau of land management and control the use of that land. What could possibly go wrong.

This is an excellent short piece from Carol Roth economist.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...296887101.html

Last edited by Car-Addicted; 01-13-2024 at 06:31 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60831.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 04:59 AM   #5854
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
From the Brits forum. Those guys are funny and they’ve never heard of “politically correct “.
The Duracell is there to back up the Dellorto's just in case
Appreciate 4
Efthreeoh17381.00
crAbb1229.50
      01-13-2024, 06:37 AM   #5855
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The Duracell is there to back up the Dellorto's just in case
'Jaguar I-Pace (January 11)

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60831.00
eugenebmw1530.00
crAbb1229.50
      01-13-2024, 06:39 AM   #5856
murderspice
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
  [10.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
!remindme 10 years
      01-13-2024, 06:51 AM   #5857
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
From the Brits forum. Those guys are funny and they’ve never heard of “politically correct “.
Love me some Ford Pinto motor.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2024, 06:56 AM   #5858
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Extreme cold in Calgary putting strain on grid and EV's battery capacity, Tesla reduced to 50% battery range.

https://globalnews.ca/video/10223657...as-energy-grid

Last edited by Murf the Surf; 01-13-2024 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60831.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 07:05 AM   #5859
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Green cult destroying farmland to reduce population – that’s what going “carbon zero” actually means
Dec 28, 2023
The climate cult has set its sights on arable farmland and the food supply at large, which they claim is overheating the planet because there are simply too many people eating.
"Wind generators or solar panels consume one-third of the farmland worldwide," writes Martin Armstrong for Armstrong Economic. "This is what has inspired this thinking that we MUST reduce the population.
The U.S. food system contributes nearly 20 percent of the nation's carbon dioxide emissions. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) says that agricultural land use contributes 12 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions.
https://www.newstarget.com/2023-12-2...rbon-zero.html

I post this to lead into what I feel is one of the most dangerous trends in our future.
Natural Asset Company Pending regulations (NACs)
In their own words: To address the large and complex challenges of climate change and the transition to a more sustainable economy, NYSE and Intrinsic Exchange Group (IEG) are pioneering a new class of listed company based on nature and the benefits that nature provides (termed ecosystem services). NACs will capture the intrinsic and productive value of nature and provide a store of value based on the vital assets that underpin our entire economy and make life on earth possible. Examples of natural assets that could benefit from the NAC structure include natural landscapes such as forests, wetlands and coral reefs, as well as working lands such as farms.

They profit from “ecological performance” such as “conservation, restoration, or sustainable management.” These NACs would quantify and monetize these natural outputs (such as air or water).

Traditional accounting standards would not be used to regulate NACs. Likely, this is because NACs would not withstand scrutiny under generally accepted accounting principles. Rather, a new accounting framework would be created by the Intrinsic Exchange Group (IEG). Not coincidentally, the NYSE is an investor in IEG, and would stand to profit off the IEG’s position as an accounting authority.
These efforts intentionally prioritize environmentalism over human flourishing. IEG admits that “producing these essential goods and services and managing resources wisely is as valuable, or perhaps even more valuable, than the food production.”

https://www.tsln.com/news/natural-as...-land-schemes/

This massive grift was being pushed through the SEC with a limited comment period before the Christmas holidays. This Monday will most likely be the creation of a new asset class. The rich will get richer and the poor will die. I have spent my non working hours the last month getting the word out on this but there is no political solution that will fix this as this is a regulatory end run on land use. Yes if you read any of this, federal land are included in this, a sovereign wealth fund from say Iran could lock up massive amounts of farm land owned by the bureau of land management and control the use of that land. What could possibly go wrong.

This is an excellent short piece from Carol Roth economist.
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...296887101.html
Google "What is the Earth's maximum sustainable human population", and most estimates come back as 8 billion.

Google "What is the Earth's current population in 2023" the answer comes back 8,083,210,625.

Someone quick... do the math!
Attached Images

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 6
M5Rick60831.00
eugenebmw1530.00
TboneS541053.00
      01-13-2024, 07:09 AM   #5860
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Things that make you go Hmmmm
If fossil fuels come from fossils, why have scientists found them on one of Saturn’s moons
Essentially a frozen, lifeless moon with no dinosaurs, forests or peat bogs, somehow has lakes of methane. Not only does Titan have liquid seas of hydrocarbon fuel — but we’ve known this for years. In fact even in 2005 a NASA scientist quietly admitted that Titan had methane that wasn’t made from fossils. But where was NASA in the 18 years since?
Soon explains that Titan proves that abiotic oil and gas formation is true. In 2009 an experiment showed that when methane is put under great pressure like the kind we find 50-100 miles underground, it can form more complex hydrocarbons. (Kolesnikov). Several papers in the last dozen years find more exotic kinds of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons all over the place, like in Titan’s atmosphere and even forming in deep cold interstellar space. (Zhao, Parker, Freissinet) They also found benzene on Mars.

Fossils From Animals And Plants Are Not Necessary For Crude Oil And Natural Gas, Swedish Researchers Find
Together with two research colleagues, Vladimir Kutcherov has simulated the process involving pressure and heat that occurs naturally in the inner layers of the earth, the process that generates hydrocarbon, the primary component in oil and natural gas.

According to Vladimir Kutcherov, the findings are a clear indication that the oil supply is not about to end, which researchers and experts in the field have long feared.
http://viewzone.com/abioticoilx.html

Yes by all means run right out and buy that planet killing EV to save the planet : "The science" tells we have "peak oil" any day now, but you can make a difference if you only plug your car into the grid. a grid powered by 80% fossil fuel.
Abiotic oil creation is a very hard sale to those who insist we must "believe the science"...

something about narrative.
Appreciate 5
      01-13-2024, 07:14 AM   #5861
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Another I-Pace bites the dust and taking with it probably a hybrid SUV, they'll have to catch the bus for a while
Why did he park the EV in the garage?
Appreciate 4
KRS_SN13607.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 07:19 AM   #5862
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Google "What is the Earth's maximum sustainable human population", and most estimates come back as 8 billion.
Google "What is the Earth's current population in 2023" the answer comes back 8,083,210,625.
Someone quick... do the math!
Never to be spoken of in polite society.

Interspecific competition
In Biology, competition is defined as the process that occurs among species that have to compete for limited resources in order to survive. This competition over resources occurs between organisms because these species have niches that overlap and so they are forced to use the same resources such as food, water, and shelter. Competition is a perfect example of one of the many symbiotic relationships that happen in ecosystems.

The global elites have decided that our dystopian future will be about food and water.
Appreciate 4
      01-13-2024, 07:55 AM   #5863
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Things that make you go Hmmmm
If fossil fuels come from fossils, why have scientists found them on one of Saturn’s moons
Essentially a frozen, lifeless moon with no dinosaurs, forests or peat bogs, somehow has lakes of methane. Not only does Titan have liquid seas of hydrocarbon fuel — but we’ve known this for years. In fact even in 2005 a NASA scientist quietly admitted that Titan had methane that wasn’t made from fossils. But where was NASA in the 18 years since?
Soon explains that Titan proves that abiotic oil and gas formation is true. In 2009 an experiment showed that when methane is put under great pressure like the kind we find 50-100 miles underground, it can form more complex hydrocarbons. (Kolesnikov). Several papers in the last dozen years find more exotic kinds of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons all over the place, like in Titan’s atmosphere and even forming in deep cold interstellar space. (Zhao, Parker, Freissinet) They also found benzene on Mars.

Fossils From Animals And Plants Are Not Necessary For Crude Oil And Natural Gas, Swedish Researchers Find
Together with two research colleagues, Vladimir Kutcherov has simulated the process involving pressure and heat that occurs naturally in the inner layers of the earth, the process that generates hydrocarbon, the primary component in oil and natural gas.

According to Vladimir Kutcherov, the findings are a clear indication that the oil supply is not about to end, which researchers and experts in the field have long feared.
http://viewzone.com/abioticoilx.html

Yes by all means run right out and buy that planet killing EV to save the planet : "The science" tells we have "peak oil" any day now, but you can make a difference if you only plug your car into the grid. a grid powered by 80% fossil fuel.
I want to go on record that for me personally I did not learn of Abiotic oil creation from some right-wing anti-climate-change or anti-EV website.

In 2016 when I was working on a project where we had comms infrastructure on oil platforms in the Gulf of Mexico (GOMEX). In short GOMEX oil platforms move from oil reserves to oil reserves as the oil is depleted. The oil fields a divided into "blocks". One rig in Green Banks was being decommissioned, which required us to relocate our equipment to a new platform. As one would expect, the process takes several years of planning for both the oil company and my company to implement a new location. For this particular oil platform, about 20 months into the relocation process, the platform was un-decommissioned. The Green Banks block began producing oil again.

Being the curious lad that I am, I investigated how it could be possible for an oil field to dry up then again produce oil. My research led me to learn of Abiotic oil creation theory (which dates back to the late 1800's in Russia). More curious it is a theory I did not learn about in the several courses I've taken in geology (or perhaps it had slipped from my aged brain).

But one will discover Wikipedia basically states the theory has been debunked (of course)...
Appreciate 6
M5Rick60831.00
KRS_SN13607.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 08:03 AM   #5864
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Another I-Pace bites the dust and taking with it probably a hybrid SUV, they'll have to catch the bus for a while
1- Naive
2- Negligence
3- But....

I can see snow in the video...
So , probably the owner wanted to avoid the well known EV battery problems with the cold night temps.
As we can see , the I-Pace was too hot now !

But it could have been much worse , if the owner was not at home

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60831.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 08:13 AM   #5865
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
But one will discover Wikipedia basically states the theory has been debunked (of course)...
And they will call this junk science while lakes of hydrocarbons are proven on moons and planets that have never seen a SUV or dinosaur. It's all about the science.

If anyone is interested this is a fascinating interview with a common sense scientist Dr. Willie Soon. Not short but if you like to hear scientific theory that makes sense and makes you think about the ramifications of our actions this is a good watch.

https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/st...n-emissions%2F

Dr. Willie Soon
Dr. Willie Soon is an astrophysicist and a geoscientist based in Salem, Massachusetts, USA.
Academic Qualifications
1991 Ph.D., University of Southern California, Aerospace Engineering (with distinction) Dissertation Topic: Nonequilibrium Kinetics in High-Temperature Gases.
1987 M.Sc., University of Southern California, Aerospace Engineering.
1985 B.Sc., University of Southern California, Aerospace Engineering (Cum Laude).

Experience
2021-present: Visiting scientist at the Institute of Earth Physics and Space Science, Sopron, Hungary
2018-present: Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences. CERES-science.com
1997-2022: Astrophysicist at the Solar, Stellar and Planetary Sciences Division of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA). Staff page
2018: Senior Visiting Professor at the Institute of Earth Environment, Xian, China (from June 15-July 2, 2018.)
2013-2014: Senior Visiting Fellow (Grant No. MELRS1219) at the State Key Laboratory of Marine Environmental Science at Xiamen University, China
1992-2009: Astronomer at the Mount Wilson Observatory
1999-2000: Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies of the Universiti of Putra, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia.
1991-1996: Post-doctoral Scientist at the Solar and Stellar Physics Division of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics (CfA)

Editorial boards
2022-present: Review Editor on the Editorial Board of Quaternary Science, Geomorphology and Paleoenvironment (specialty section of Frontiers in Earth Science and Frontiers in Marine Science)
2020-present: Editorial Board Member for Geoscience (MDPI).
2002-2016: Receiving Editor for New Astronomy (Elsevier).

Last edited by Car-Addicted; 01-13-2024 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 5
Efthreeoh17381.00
M5Rick60831.00
KRS_SN13607.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 08:22 AM   #5866
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
1- Naive
2- Negligence
3- But....

I can see snow in the video...
So , probably the owner wanted to avoid the well known EV battery problems with the cold night temps.
As we can see , the I-Pace was too hot now !

But it could have been much worse , if the owner was not at home
I'd rather see a too cold eV battery than a fiery smoked home, all that smoke and soot making the house uninhabitable until it's defumigated. Another example of failed 'net zero' attempt following gubments advice
Appreciate 4
      01-13-2024, 09:46 AM   #5867
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Build Back Better: China Becomes World’s Top Exporter of Cars
11 Jan 2024
According to the China Passenger Car Association, China is now the world’s largest exporter of cars thanks to a massive 62 percent jump in light-vehicle exports in 2023, Automotive News reports.
In total, China’s vehicle exports hit nearly 5.3 million last year at a value of $102 billion. Japan, meanwhile, saw its vehicle exports come in at 4.3 million in 2023.
China’s domination of car exporting comes as the Chinese automaker BYD, financially backed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), is now the world’s biggest seller of Electric Vehicles (EVs) after overtaking U.S.-based Tesla for the title.
In the coming year, BYD and other Chinese automakers are hoping to flood the U.S. market with cheap, subsidized EVs to sell to Americans who are turned off by Tesla EVs and their high prices.

Again, I find myself saying "What could possibly go Wrong"
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60831.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 09:59 AM   #5868
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Fleet of Electric Buses Suspended in London After Sudden Fire in Wimbledon
13 Jan 2024
On Thursday, an electric bus caught on fire on Wimbledon Hill Road in London. While no injuries were reported and investigations into the cause of the fire are still ongoing, the office of London Mayor Sadiq Khan — a chief proponent of the green agenda in Britain — announced the suspension of the same model of electric busses from the route.
In addition, the Mayor’s office said that all electric busses active in London produced by the firm Switch “will be checked thoroughly as a matter of urgency,” the Evening Standard reports.

I'm sure that will buff right out

Transport for London claims to currently have “more than 1,000 zero-emission buses operate in our fleet — both single and double-deck vehicles, built by various manufacturers in the UK and globally.”

Far-left Mayor Sadiq Khan has put forward plans to transform the city’s entire fleet of buses to “zero emissions” by the year 2034, meaning that around 8,000 buses will need to be switched out over the next decade.

We have a large supply of stupid these days, but almost nothing is more stupid than electrical heavy vehicles, Bus's, Trailer trucks, Cement mixer's, etc. Just down right stupid and down right dangerous.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick60831.00
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 10:35 AM   #5869
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Fleet of Electric Buses Suspended in London After Sudden Fire in Wimbledon
13 Jan 2024
On Thursday, an electric bus caught on fire on Wimbledon Hill Road in London. While no injuries were reported and investigations into the cause of the fire are still ongoing, the office of London Mayor Sadiq Khan — a chief proponent of the green agenda in Britain — announced the suspension of the same model of electric busses from the route.
In addition, the Mayor’s office said that all electric busses active in London produced by the firm Switch “will be checked thoroughly as a matter of urgency,” the Evening Standard reports.

I'm sure that will buff right out

Transport for London claims to currently have “more than 1,000 zero-emission buses operate in our fleet — both single and double-deck vehicles, built by various manufacturers in the UK and globally.”

Far-left Mayor Sadiq Khan has put forward plans to transform the city’s entire fleet of buses to “zero emissions” by the year 2034, meaning that around 8,000 buses will need to be switched out over the next decade.

We have a large supply of stupid these days, but almost nothing is more stupid than electrical heavy vehicles, Bus's, Trailer trucks, Cement mixer's, etc. Just down right stupid and down right dangerous.
'Lection for replacement mayor coming up in May.
Appreciate 4
      01-13-2024, 11:59 AM   #5870
eugenebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, G22 M440, E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Yep, and Tesla has probably cut as far as they can go and it's still not going to work. Tesla will remain the premier EV manufacturer, but they are going to be facing some hard times as will most every other automaker that is trying to sell EV models in the US. A majority of US buyers are no longer convinced that an EV is a reliable mode of transportation for their only car in most areas of the US.

A friend of mine just a bought a new Model Y to replace his totaled Audi E-tron SUV. He was bragging to me that the Model Y has better range than the Audi.....yet in the same breath he tells me the Model Y goes down to around a 20% charge when he drives ~110 miles round trip each day for work on a "full" charge (must be charged every night). He hopes it will get better once temps get above 60 degrees We get 5 months of sub 60 weather in Kansas City. Maybe the last 20% charge lasts way longer than anticipated, kinda like my M235 telling me i need to fill up when it goes just below 1/4 tank, yet I could still easily go another 80 miles on the highway LOL
And gas stations just around the corner and you have a choice to fill up or not. No need to stress out at all.
Appreciate 5
Efthreeoh17381.00
M5Rick60831.00
      01-13-2024, 12:07 PM   #5871
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
For all the EV's !

Appreciate 3
eugenebmw1530.00
M5Rick60831.00
      01-13-2024, 12:11 PM   #5872
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Build Back Better: China Becomes World’s Top Exporter of Cars
11 Jan 2024
According to the China Passenger Car Association, China is now the world’s largest exporter of cars thanks to a massive 62 percent jump in light-vehicle exports in 2023, Automotive News reports.
In total, China’s vehicle exports hit nearly 5.3 million last year at a value of $102 billion. Japan, meanwhile, saw its vehicle exports come in at 4.3 million in 2023.
China’s domination of car exporting comes as the Chinese automaker BYD, financially backed by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), is now the world’s biggest seller of Electric Vehicles (EVs) after overtaking U.S.-based Tesla for the title.

In the coming year, BYD and other Chinese automakers are hoping to flood the U.S. market with cheap, subsidized EVs to sell to Americans who are turned off by Tesla EVs and their high prices.

Again, I find myself saying "What could possibly go Wrong"

If these were the only 2 choices and it wasn't chinese I'd buy a byd seal over a tesla. It has the looks and the interior.
These classy ladies who aren't on Koolaid and aren't afraid to say it as it is nailed it.

https://youtu.be/1umWTYuFVkY?si=-V4YkRwZyLUF3qhe
Appreciate 2
eugenebmw1530.00
      01-13-2024, 12:12 PM   #5873
eugenebmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, G22 M440, E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
The next 7 days in Edmonton, Alberta. Canadian government is mandating no more ICE vehicles after 2035. Good luck with that.
The stupid ideal just keep coming up. Before they have the solution to solve the issues with EV. In 2 years, all the new homes will not allow to use natural gas. Electric is the only way to warm your house, cooking, to heat up the water tank...... Are our power grid able to absorb all the extra loads on top of charging EVs. Now they can raise the electric bill to sky high and no one can make an objection, because we have no other choices. We screw again.
https://vancouversun.com/business/re...ouncil-decides

Last edited by eugenebmw; 01-13-2024 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 4
      01-13-2024, 01:51 PM   #5874
crAbb
As above, so it is below
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:

My cousin in Germany told me a couple of days ago, all EVs are now banned from the basement parking where he lives. The revolution is happening.
Appreciate 5