E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Help Me Diagnose This Leak

09-24-2024, 04:50 AM   #1
filhotran
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Help Me Diagnose This Leak

Hello,
I just recently noticed these reletively large puddles under my car after being parked for a few hours. I tracked the 3 different places I parked today and I left a puddle at every parking spot I parked at. At first I thought it was oil (it still could be), but there's no oil smell at all and the fluid seems to be too thin (or maybe diluted?) to be oil. I did recently change my VC and VCG, but even if I installed it wrong I don't think it would have leaked that much and if it did then I would also be able to smell it in the cabin which I don't. Under the hood, I checked the VC, OFHG, steering fluid resovoir and still everything is dry, at least no fresh oil or smell at all. Any ideas what this could be?

I attached some pictures, both puddles were after being parked for around 5.5 hours and I also took a tissue to dab the fluid to check the color of it.

This is an E92 335i N54
Attached Images

Appreciate 0