12-17-2023, 08:50 PM   #1
DutchBoysRacing
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2, 2013 Mini GP

Cancel port installed options?

Hey all,

So I had my car arrive at the VPC on 12/7/2023, the tl;dr is I have a track day at Laguna Seca on 12/30 & 12/31. My cars been sitting at the VPC for a bit of time due to the "M Performance" steering wheel not being in stock.

I am kind of running out of time and wanted to know if there is anyway to cancel the "port installed items" at the VPC. My CA/BMW Genius said there is an open work order and I confirmed that it is due to the item being out of stock / on order.

Any chance in hell they release the vehicle w/o the options? I would have never gotten it if I realized it would add 10+ days to receiving the M2.

Also any suggestions and advice more than welcome
      12-17-2023, 10:12 PM   #2
FrankWhite!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BWM G87

Have your CA call the vehicle manager at the port to request removal. However, even if they remove it and they release the car you’ll still need to ask your CA when their next carrier is scheduled for a pickup from the port and how long that journey is plus how quickly can they can they get the car PDI’d and ready for delivery. My main concern would be you’re going to track a brand new car if you get it by / on Dec 30th…. I’d move your track time or go rent something and be patient. Thats my advice since you asked. Good luck!
Appreciate 2
      12-17-2023, 11:17 PM   #3
DutchBoysRacing
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWhite! View Post
Have your CA call the vehicle manager at the port to request removal. However, even if they remove it and they release the car you’ll still need to ask your CA when their next carrier is scheduled for a pickup from the port and how long that journey is plus how quickly can they can they get the car PDI’d and ready for delivery. My main concern would be you’re going to track a brand new car if you get it by / on Dec 30th…. I’d move your track time or go rent something and be patient. Thats my advice since you asked. Good luck!
Oh the purpose of this car is to be a track car. I had an e92 m3 track toy that I eventually sold to fund something that was a better platform and easier to make power.

It's dual duty for now, but eventually will only be a track car.
      12-17-2023, 11:25 PM   #4
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchBoysRacing View Post
Oh the purpose of this car is to be a track car. I had an e92 m3 track toy that I eventually sold to fund something that was a better platform and easier to make power.

It's dual duty for now, but eventually will only be a track car.

If you could get it canceled and the car delivered to your dealership for pickup, with the Christmas holiday, it may be very tight timewise. If the stars align and you get the car in rime, getting the breakin service done before 12/30 may be another major hurdle.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 11:51 AM   #5
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Hey all,

So I had my car arrive at the VPC on 12/7/2023, the tl;dr is I have a track day at Laguna Seca on 12/30 & 12/31. My cars been sitting at the VPC for a bit of time due to the "M Performance" steering wheel not being in stock.

I am kind of running out of time and wanted to know if there is anyway to cancel the "port installed items" at the VPC. My CA/BMW Genius said there is an open work order and I confirmed that it is due to the item being out of stock / on order.

Any chance in hell they release the vehicle w/o the options? I would have never gotten it if I realized it would add 10+ days to receiving the M2.

Also any suggestions and advice more than welcome
Tracking the M2 before break in?!
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2023, 01:11 PM   #6
DutchBoysRacing
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geighty7 View Post
Tracking the M2 before break in?!
Nope, I have a break in scheduled already at a local bmw dealership for 12/26/2023. I was expecting to have the car on 12/11/2023 as I didn't think it would take over two weeks to install a steering wheel.
      12-18-2023, 01:48 PM   #7
Geighty7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M2

Quote:
Nope, I have a break in scheduled already at a local bmw dealership for 12/26/2023. I was expecting to have the car on 12/11/2023 as I didn't think it would take over two weeks to install a steering wheel.
Yeah that’s awfully long time for port installs.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 01:56 PM   #8
M_Power Rob
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geighty7 View Post
Yeah that’s awfully long time for port installs.

If the item was there waiting on the car, than yes. In OP's case, car is waiting for backordered item.
Appreciate 1
Geighty71463.00
      12-19-2023, 02:57 AM   #9
TheDrivenGarage
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 G82, BMW M2 G87 (Order)

Normally they have parts ready for cars coming in that have had them on their build for a while. I got a ton of M Performance parts and I was in and out of the port in a week. I don’t think you are going to make your timing. So if you pull the steering wheel, you still won’t make it. It’s the holidays now and they are slowing. So even if you get the cancelation confirmed it’s at least until the end of the week before the car is staged for transport. And then it has to get shipped and to the dealer and PDI’ed. Then you need to drive it 1000 miles before 12/26. Sorry bud it’s likely not going to happen.

I would sit patient and get your wheel and have a good track day in something else
Appreciate 0