home
BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

12-25-2023, 08:36 PM   #1
ahangcf23
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 G87

G87 Active Cruise Contrl with Distance Control

Sometimes while I was driving with the cruise control on with distance control, at a traffic light when the car comes to a full stop, the car occasionally automatically drive off following the car in front or sometimes it just stays there with the green car sign flashing on the dashboard and only departs when I press on the gas.

I wonder what factor makes the G87 drive off and follow the car in front against the car only moving with the gas paddle pressed.

Thx.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2023, 08:48 PM   #2
mrdudley
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Don’t have it on my M2 but in my X3, “regular” active cruise control would always require you to press the accelerator to go again, but the “Driving Assitant Plus” would do full stop and go. But DAP is only supposed to work on the highway.
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2023, 10:35 PM   #3
xps
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw M2

When you come to stop and hold behind a vehicle. There is a maximum timer that will allow the vehicle to follow the lead car. When the timer elapses, the car needs a nudge from the driver by pressing resume button on the steering or tapping the gas.

This is to ensure the driver is still paying attention. It is generally assumed that if the vehicle is standing still behind a lead car for more than x seconds, the driver may not be paying full attention to the road and/or possible pedestrians that may be crossing the road just in between the lead car and our car. So this may cause our car to run over a pedestrian if the lead car starts moving.

The x seconds can be 2 -10seconds depending on the OEM. Not sure what g87 is set to since my car doesn't have ACC
Appreciate 2