BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

03-01-2024, 05:16 PM   #1
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22/B58 M240xi

Back in the 2

Went out yesterday and picked up a G42 that was on the lot. I had an M2 on order for over 7 months and I was still 6th in line. Canceled that. Then for a few months was looking for something... and finally dealer inventories started to rise. A local dealer got 5 or 6 allocation stock orders in December. It's not the exact build I would have done, but it's close and I didn't have to wait another quarter or more. It was sitting for close to 60+ days.

Didn't hurt it was the last day of the month and I had title in hand with my trade and told them I'd write a check if they would negotiate. Worked out better than I thought. They come off 2k from sticker and gave me a fair value on my trade. I've been shopping my trade for the past month and they were $500 more than the next closest dealer.

Been a lot of changes with the car market if anyone is paying attention. And given this is an auto enthusiasts website.. likely that's old news. Used car prices are crashing and dealers have inventory... a lot. That can be good or bad depending on the situation.

The build/mod list is already in full swing. Going to ditch the AS RF and put a square 235/40/19 DWS setup on it. Already chatting with modern spare to work out a package but with a T135/70/19 that matches the DWS tires nearly perfectly. That's a slightly larger tire than their M240xi typical package (since the 235/40 is just a bit taller than stock). Also getting the stealth hitch for my bike. Had a hitch on my previous F22 and really made bike transport a breeze. PPF/ceramic happening next week.

And of course most importantly I just ordered Orvis back seat protectors for the hairy passenger in the car. My old cover was for a Tundra and it's just a bit too big! She's getting used to entry/exit. She does appreciate being right behind me and when we are stopped she is wanting to be the center of attention. Thanks tahoebimmer and Perets for posting some pics of their companions in the rear of the 2. Wasn't sure if it was going to work or not. She actually has room back there, just the entry and exit we are working on it.

This will also be the road trip car for the wife and I. Can't argue with the MPGs in this thing.
Attached Images

Sold - 2017 M240xi Mineral White, HK, OEMConcept 437M wheels, Curtis hitch for bike rack, MPE, Painted rear diffuser, Dinan Elite Stage 1
Appreciate 10
PL4NCK10.50
Red_sir134.50
BlueLEDz153.00
viperx100629.00
wb8164128.50
VegasG42381.00
jpf3409.00
TJZ67201843.50
peelerec1032.00
      03-01-2024, 06:36 PM   #2
G$Money
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 m240i

good looking car, better looking doggo
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2024, 06:46 PM   #3
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

bowhun2r what kind of back seat cover do you plan to use? I’ve been on the hunt for a decent fitting cover for my pup since I got the car
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 08:01 PM   #4
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
bowhun2r what kind of back seat cover do you plan to use? I’ve been on the hunt for a decent fitting cover for my pup since I got the car
I was searching earlier today and found this from another Bimmerpost

https://www.orvis.com/product/orvis-...ctor/3F79.html

Ordered it today in midsize. Should be here early next week and will report back on it.

Take care,
Scott

Sold - 2017 M240xi Mineral White, HK, OEMConcept 437M wheels, Curtis hitch for bike rack, MPE, Painted rear diffuser, Dinan Elite Stage 1
Appreciate 1
MPR1818.50
      03-02-2024, 08:05 AM   #5
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

I have a seperate vehicle for my dog.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 09:46 AM   #6
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Orvis Seat cover and foam extender

MPR

Orvis seat cover is really nice. The medium size is perfect for the back seat compared to my previous cover (that worked great for my Tundra).

I put a shammy under the seat cover over the middle plastic piece. With the added padding over the plastic it's very comfortable for her laying down in the back.

Wasn't sure about the Orvis foam extender... I got a $20 coupon when I purchased the cover so I said WTH and also got the extender for behind the passenger seat. Actually worked out pretty nicely. It compresses and it provides a larger surface on one half of the seat.

Also installed the TuxMats. Been using them for the past 3-4 vehicles and really like them. The focus on details and fit and finish is really great. Makes clean up very easy and they are very comfortable on long rides.

I put a larger shammy down to dry her up after walks. That also has the wet dog smell... so easily washable and after walks that comes out of the car. The Orvis cover will stay relatively clean and dry and will stay in the vehicle for the most part. Quick vacuum will get the hair. Consequences of a golden retriever.

Here are some pics.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 09:48 AM   #7
MPR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M240i

bowhun2r looks good, does it stay in place (is there anything securing it where a humans knees would go)?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 10:59 AM   #8
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The top is attached to the headrests. This is actually pretty nice in that you can adjust the straps to ensure the cover is evenly spread out. They use a type of hook clip (on both ends of the strap) to insert into the top of the cover to adjust where they mount to the cover. They are not attached to the cover and this allows you to custom fit to where your headrests are as every car is not going to have the same measurements. Makes it very easy to ensure you have full coverage of the back of the seat and not have it look bunched up in one place.

The middle has handles to push in between the top and bottom cushions and this is the main anchor for the cover.

The part that sits on top of the bottom seat has a rubber type of material that prevents it from slipping around. There is not any type of clip or attachment holding the bottom part in place... but as I mentioned the material underneath prevents sliding and with the handles pushed in between the cushions it's doesn't move.

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 01:34 PM   #9
kuzdu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i

what kind of mats do you have, and how does the dog handle all the torque my guy use to tremble and i stopped driving him around and just used the jeep.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2024, 02:44 PM   #10
bowhun2r
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuzdu View Post
what kind of mats do you have, and how does the dog handle all the torque my guy use to tremble and i stopped driving him around and just used the jeep.
Link to mats: https://www.tuxmat.com/products/8684...ear=2024&inp=1

Mats are great. The only item (fixable with some wear and time) is on the driver gas pedal side the mat is about 1/4" from the carpet where my outer part of my foot grazes when I depress the gas with sneakers on. Doesn't happen with dress shoes since they do not have an oversized sole. It will eventually wear into place (or I could just put velcro on the opposite side to adhere it with the carpet). It slightly rubs my shoe when going from brake to gas. Not a big deal and it will be fixed. Other than that, can't say enough about the fit and finish.

Dog... she's fine. I have a GX-460 that if she could talk would likely tell me that is her preferred method of travel. But since she can't... she's more than happy to lay down on the back seat chilling out. Regarding the torque.. I've yet to go above 4K so far. Only have a few hundred miles. Of course I'm sure the 13 miles that were on the vehicle when I purchased it likely saw redline at least once. The sales rep that took me for a ride and I quote "hit it.. it will move..". To which I responded... "I think I'll just take it easy right now being under 20 miles and I might buy it...".

Appreciate 0