KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4me View Post
Sad they haven't found a way to do Active Cruise Control with the manual...
I have it in my Golf R 6MT, and when I was ordering my M2c last year, I was disappointed that it wasn't available. However, because the dynamic cruise on the M2c has downhill braking to maintain speed, that's a nice half-step towards what ACC gives you.
Poochie9107.50
      10-28-2022, 02:40 AM   #201
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieNuo View Post
Any official word on individual paint?
Not happening and that's all we know.
      10-28-2022, 04:26 AM   #202
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankieNuo View Post
Any official word on individual paint?
No official word. It is not happening any time soon. Rumor speculates that it will arrive with the LCI.
Appreciate 1
FrankieNuo1265.50
      10-28-2022, 05:10 AM   #203
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Quote:
I have it in my Golf R 6MT, and when I was ordering my M2c last year, I was disappointed that it wasn't available. However, because the dynamic cruise on the M2c has downhill braking to maintain speed, that's a nice half-step towards what ACC gives you.
It sure does suck BMW didn't implement ACC and the Stop & GO function with a clutch. I guess their manual transmission is too primitive and doesn't mesh well enough with the newer ACC electronics.

I don't really care for ACC but I tried the Stop & Go feature in heavy New York City rush hour traffic and it was hella cool to see it in operation.

Basically, it automatically paces the speed of the vehicle in front of you (and behind), braking and resuming speed automatically, without any need for the driver's intervention. So you can maybe watch a movie or maybe stroll through the internet while in gridlock traffic 👍🏻

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 05:32 AM   #204
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It sure does suck BMW didn't implement ACC and the Stop & GO function with a clutch. I guess their manual transmission is too primitive and doesn't mesh well enough with the newer ACC electronics.

I don't really care for ACC but I tried the Stop & Go feature in heavy New York City rush hour traffic and it was hella cool to see it in operation.

Basically, it automatically paces the speed of the vehicle in front of you (and behind), braking and resuming speed automatically, without any need for the driver's intervention. So you can maybe watch a movie or maybe stroll through the internet while in gridlock traffic 👍🏻

The tech I am sure is not hard to implement. Of course you'd be limited in how low a speed you could go in that gear to protect the drivetrain but in a torquey car this should be an option.

I just read a review on the new civic type R where the reviewer said they accidentally took their foot off the clutch while in 1st gear and the car shut shut off with no jarring. Nice touch by Honda and not hard to implement (probably similar sensors to rev matching).
Appreciate 1
Poochie9107.50
      10-28-2022, 05:53 AM   #205
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey100 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Basically, it automatically paces the speed of the vehicle in front of you (and behind), braking and resuming speed automatically, without any need for the driver's intervention. So you can maybe watch a movie or maybe stroll through the internet while in gridlock traffic
The tech I am sure is not hard to implement. Of course you'd be limited in how low a speed you could go in that gear to protect the drivetrain but in a torquey car this should be an option.

I just read a review on the new civic type R where the reviewer said they accidentally took their foot off the clutch while in 1st gear and the car shut shut off with no jarring. Nice touch by Honda and not hard to implement (probably similar sensors to rev matching).
That's cool of Honda they're still innovating the manual transmission - being a dying breed and all. And yes, Honda's advent of electronic throttle and even EPS allows them to have more easier control how the clutch responds to the throttle drop, so they took advantage of this by making software to control the jarring.

BMW manual first and/or second gear is tall enough that it could of handle the Stop & Go function comfortably, since the feature auto disables above 40mph. Just saying.

But it doesn't look like BMW really cares to do anything for the manual, expect the bare minimum. So they are just riding it out until they go hybrid/EV and can officially axe it.

I found this article from a few years ago and reading between the lines, it sounds like they would of killed the manual option in a heartbeat but stupid Americans keep giving it a reprieve.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 08:10 AM   #206
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
That's cool of Honda they're still innovating the manual transmission - being a dying breed and all. And yes, Honda's advent of electronic throttle and even EPS allows them to have more easier control how the clutch responds to the throttle drop, so they took advantage of this by making software to control the jarring.

BMW manual first and/or second gear is tall enough that it could of handle the Stop & Go function comfortably, since the feature auto disables above 40mph. Just saying.

But it doesn't look like BMW really cares to do anything for the manual, expect the bare minimum. So they are just riding it out until they go hybrid/EV and can officially axe it.

I found this article from a few years ago and reading between the lines, it sounds like they would of killed the manual option in a heartbeat but stupid Americans keep giving it a reprieve.

In one of the release day videos they said there was great debate about whether or not this car was going to get a manual.
      10-28-2022, 08:23 AM   #207
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
Quote:

In one of the release day videos they said there was great debate about whether or not this car was going to get a manual.
So the manual option on the M2 came down to a coin toss. I would love be a fly on the wall of that meeting listening to the engineers, bean counters and marking all yelling at each other in German

Let's hope it makes it to the LCI or Competition, before the model sunsets..
Appreciate 1
JustinHEMI7448.00
      10-28-2022, 09:35 AM   #208
viospeeds
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

How does the exhaust tip look as standard? Can't find a picture or video of it..

I wonder if this is like a screw in exhaust tip in black which I don't prefer and looks aftermarket and not factory oem.. imho 😊
Attached Images

10-28-2022, 10:11 AM   #209
tadmcmichael
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Having some trouble on some options

What is the best option for the leather if I am not getting carbon? X3 "Full Merino Leather" seems to be the way to go, although I understand it isn't as "full" as some other BMWs.

Is the ZLP Lighting package the same lights and just coding so they work?

Are the 1E7 bicolor wheels an option for everyone, or only if getting the ZJJ Carbon Package.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:14 AM   #210
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tadmcmichael View Post
What is the best option for the leather if I am not getting carbon? X3 "Full Merino Leather" seems to be the way to go, although I understand it isn't as "full" as some other BMWs.

Are the 1E7 bicolor wheels an option for everyone, or only if getting the ZJJ Carbon Package.
I don’t think you can get the full merino unless you get the carbon seats.

Lighting is the auto high beams. They’re physically different. I don’t have a picture but someone did post a pic of the difference. I believe you can see on the UK or Canada build site. It also requires the shadowline package.

Not sure on the wheels though
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6687.00
      10-28-2022, 10:17 AM   #211
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadmcmichael View Post

You can only get the Merino leather on the carbon buckets and you can only get the buckets via the carbon package at $9900.

The Lighting Package also includes full adaptive headlights. High Beam Assist is more than coding as it includes a sensor at the top of the windshield near the rearview mirror.

Bi-Color wheels are not exclusive to ZJJ.

BTW, All of this info is already within the G87 forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:18 AM   #212
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
I don’t think you can get the full merino unless you get the carbon seats.

Lighting is the auto high beams. They’re physically different. I don’t have a picture but someone did post a pic of the difference. I believe you can see on the UK or Canada build site. It also requires the shadowline package.

I thought it was the other way around ., Shadow line requires lighting package.
      10-28-2022, 10:21 AM   #213
StickyPickle
Captain
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think you can get the full merino unless you get the carbon seats.

Lighting is the auto high beams. They're physically different. I don't have a picture but someone did post a pic of the difference. I believe you can see on the UK or Canada build site. It also requires the shadowline package.

This is correct
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6687.00
JustinHEMI7448.00
      10-28-2022, 10:26 AM   #214
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickyPickle View Post
This is correct
Here we go. *From the G87 Retail Pricing Guide.
Attached Images

Last edited by T_U_D; 10-28-2022 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:28 AM   #215
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Which option deletes all the sensors from front and rear bumper? Or are they standard?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:30 AM   #216
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
I think they’re tied together. From what I’ve read the upgraded lights only come with the black strip forcing shadowline package.

The picture does say shadowline requires lighting. But the opposite makes sense too. But I guess if you’re going by what it specifically says then you are correct
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:32 AM   #217
curtdragon
Car'a'carn
Rep

Garage List
2015 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
Which option deletes all the sensors from front and rear bumper? Or are they standard?
Standard
Appreciate 1
T_U_D6687.00
      10-28-2022, 10:35 AM   #218
ParadeinBerlin
Oil Dispenser
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5M

Garage List
2011 BMW x5M  [0.00]
2014 320i (F30)  [0.00]
1999 328i (E36)  [0.00]
2012 335i (E92)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
PDC/ F&R PARKING sensors are standard and non-configurable.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:41 AM   #219
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Standard Equipment. *From the U.S. G87 Retail Pricing Guide.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:48 AM   #220
atl_1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 1M, '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Quote:
I think they’re tied together. From what I’ve read the upgraded lights only come with the black strip forcing shadowline package.

The picture does say shadowline requires lighting. But the opposite makes sense too. But I guess if you’re going by what it specifically says then you are correct
They definitely make the upgraded lights without shadowline (see image) although not sure if it's market specific
Attached Images

Appreciate 1