bimmerpost/
BMW M2 and 2-Series Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Technical Topics (G42) App, Nav, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

06-14-2023, 01:54 AM   #23
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I just wanted to let you guys know I just recieved my BM3 wifi adapter in today and tested it with protool, and it works perfectly! So if you were looking to buy a wifi adapter I would highly recommend the BM3 wifi version over the currently available models (review coming soon which will explain exactly why).
It took awhile, but here's my bm3 wifi adapter review: https://g87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6#post30218836
      09-04-2023, 02:55 PM   #24
spielzeug
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i xDrive

Has anyone managed to get ProTool working with iDrive 8? I tried it with a 2023 G42 recently, but couldn't get much of anything working:
  • The Vehicle Order is read correctly, but trying to update anything crashes the app after it writes to the car. Not very confidence inspiring. I also couldn't get it to recode other ECUs after updating the vehicle order.
  • The "multi-ECU" coding section gets stuck loading. It doesn't make any progress after a random percentage (I retried a bunch of times and got stuck at 20%, 57%, 17%, etc.), preventing almost any useful feature from being coded.
  • The other ECUs have very limited coding options. Many of them, including the BDC, say they have no coding options at all. When options are available, it's only the "expert mode" where it shows you all of the raw parameters without useful names or descriptions.

Same results with both an ENET cable+adapter and MHD's Wi-FI ENET dongle.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2023, 05:20 PM   #25
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spielzeug View Post
Has anyone managed to get ProTool working with iDrive 8? I tried it with a 2023 G42 recently, but couldn't get much of anything working:
  • The Vehicle Order is read correctly, but trying to update anything crashes the app after it writes to the car. Not very confidence inspiring. I also couldn't get it to recode other ECUs after updating the vehicle order.
  • The "multi-ECU" coding section gets stuck loading. It doesn't make any progress after a random percentage (I retried a bunch of times and got stuck at 20%, 57%, 17%, etc.), preventing almost any useful feature from being coded.
  • The other ECUs have very limited coding options. Many of them, including the BDC, say they have no coding options at all. When options are available, it's only the "expert mode" where it shows you all of the raw parameters without useful names or descriptions.

Same results with both an ENET cable+adapter and MHD's Wi-FI ENET dongle.
You should email the protool guys about that.