BMW M2 Forums 2023+ (G87) BMW M2 G87 General Topics

03-21-2023, 07:52 PM   #67
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Division View Post
In the interview when asked about Comp or CS he is deliberately vague but he does say;
".... not in a time scale that is very close. Is there room for a Comp or CS, yes of course there is room"

After being asked about the Xdrive he is slightly less vague, and he does say;

"[ The Xdrive ]... Is a lifecycle ahead of us, which is quite long"

There's no firm "no" to either question which is positive. Reading between the lines it's possible to deduce that the LCI will likely bring a Comp with Xdrive.

But who knows, the only thing for sure right now is you can by a non-comp, non-CS, rwd fun machine in an auto or manual which is pretty cool!
It's not rocket science even though some people are in denial; BMW is doing what BMW always does. The only unknowns are when will they come out, will some variants lack a MT and will they actual offer M xDrive. Never doubted for a second that there wouldn't be a Competition model and at least a CS or CSL to come. Anyone that's still in denial will learn this lesson the hard way.
Appreciate 2
T_U_D6675.00
M Division1193.00
      03-21-2023, 07:59 PM   #68
zero21
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
It's not rocket science even though some people are in denial; BMW is doing what BMW always does. The only unknowns are when will they come out, will some variants lack a MT and will they actual offer M xDrive. Never doubted for a second that there wouldn't be a Competition model and at least a CS or CSL to come. Anyone that's still in denial will learn this lesson the hard way.
I really hope so. Bugging my SA every week about being first on that list. Would love to own two of these.

Unfortunately I also really like the M3 6MT because it's probably the last ICE, four door, manual offered. If I held out for a CS that wound up not being absolutely killer I would regret my decision forever on missing out on the M3 6MT with individual paint.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 10:21 PM   #69
M Division
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M24, X6, R34 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
I suspect the M2 needs to stay a cycle behind the M4 or it will eat into too many sales opportunities. I'd hate to be the sales guy trying to sell a 2 door, xdrive 500+hp M4 alongside a xdrive 500+hp M2.. but if the M2 is only offered in RWD, 460hp then the M4 comp still has a unique sales proposition.

By the time the M2 Comp LCI is offered the M4 might be a hybrid, who knows...

But yes, as you say, not rocket science to see how the current M2 sits along the M4/M3 and M240i offering from a marketing and sales perspective.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 10:28 PM   #70
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero21 View Post
I really hope so. Bugging my SA every week about being first on that list. Would love to own two of these.
Allensmart bragged openly about harassing his CA *daily* about his G87 allocation, months ago before there were any allocations coming any time soon, and lo and behold, when the time came, he got shoved to the bottom of the pile and wound up bailing. And then somehow he thinks the CA was the bad guy. You might want to dial back the weekly calls to avoid the same fate.
M Division1193.00
      03-21-2023, 10:36 PM   #71
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G05 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Allensmart bragged openly about harassing his CA *daily* about his G87 allocation, months ago before there were any allocations coming any time soon, and lo and behold, when the time came, he got shoved to the bottom of the pile and wound up bailing. And then somehow he thinks the CA was the bad guy. You might want to dial back the weekly calls to avoid the same fate.

Sorry, but if a CA cannot do the job he/she was hired to do then he/she needs to quit! Lazy @$$holes need to go work at Home Depot and so-on if they just want to stand around and collect a check. Expect to put in half @ss work? The dealership revolving door spits out worthless sales representatives fairly quickly in the automotive industry. Far too many young, newbie CAs expect it to just fall into their lap with little to no effort applied.

Last edited by T_U_D; 03-21-2023 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 3
Tag18119.50
      03-21-2023, 11:09 PM   #72
M_Power Rob
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M240 and '23 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_U_D View Post
Sorry, but if a CA cannot do the job he/she was hired to do then he/she needs to quit! Lazy @$$holes need to go work at Home Depot and so-on if they just want to stand around and collect a check. Expect to put in half @ss work? The dealership revolving door spits out worthless sales representatives fairly quickly in the automotive industry. Far too many young, newbie CAs expect it to just fall into their lap with little to no effort applied.
Please no...Home Depot and Lowes have enough lazy ass "workers" who always seem to disappear and hide when you need assistance.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2023, 11:16 PM   #73
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Power Rob View Post
Please no...Home Depot and Lowes have enough lazy ass "workers" who always seem to disappear and hide when you need assistance.
Agreed. I purposely used Home Depot as I do not shop there. Their CS has always sucked!
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2023, 12:36 AM   #74
M Division
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, G42 M24, X6, R34 GTR

Quote:
This piece right here is shaped completely differently and also covers the V-shaped support bracket(s) - so I wonder if this is part of the solution?
You can see them better in detail in these I pics I be took, the top strut nuts are covered. I didn't look under the covers annoyingly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
zero213252.00
      03-22-2023, 04:27 AM   #75
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

The brake fluid reservoir is where I have highlighted. One can see the lid to it through the ventilated covering. The brake master cylinder should be along the firewall as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
zero213252.00
      03-22-2023, 04:58 AM   #76
zero21
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
We're good
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 12:41 PM   #77
86zccrx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3

This is from the M3/M4, so I wonder if the M2 is the same and they just meant additional bracing as compared to the standard 2 series.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
zero213252.00
      03-22-2023, 03:05 PM   #78
zero21
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86zccrx View Post
This is from the M3/M4, so I wonder if the M2 is the same and they just meant additional bracing as compared to the standard 2 series.
Does anyone make a full crossmember setup with a lighter/stronger material? All that steel ahead of the front wheels is begging to get swapped out, good grief.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 05:26 PM   #79
T_U_D
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Does anyone make a full crossmember setup with a lighter/stronger material? All that steel ahead of the front wheels is begging to get swapped out, good grief.

Someone produces them for the G80/G82 in CF. IND probably will have something eventually.

https://ind-distribution.com/
Appreciate 1
zero213252.00